• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines |OT| Cursed for Life

Sooo... when I think I understand this game it become more confusing. Anyone else has twins dungeons ? I mean by discovering a new continent, I got a second fire dungeon which seems pretty much identical but the "???" when I explore it shows me that I never went here.

ramyeon

Got a few dud children, I really wish I understood the offspring process better since it would help it ensuring the best traits carry over.

katagai

How do you visit other players' clan?

System -> Settings -> Network Settings -> Set "Posting Settings" to PSN.

Then the next time you go to the boat, there will be a list of random players' clan territories listed in addition to your other visitable territory. And if you want to visit a specific person, you can press triangle to enter in their ID.

EDIT: At least I think that's the setting for it. I was trying to save a QR code of one of my new clan members and it directed me to that setting, and ever since I changed that setting, I've been able to visit other players.

ramyeon

Just got destroyed by the 4th boss.

Really having difficulty getting my clan to become stronger with the breeding system.

Edit: Well not really destroyed. Got him down to a sliver of health and then he started spamming his most powerful move on me that does 400+ damage to my whole party each time, couldn't heal fast enough.

Kama_1082

Banned
Anyone have any advice for the 3rd boss? Nueko is on her last few months, and my clan doesn't have enough stamina to hang. Any tips? I'm willing to go down to fortunate for this.

I killed the 3rd boss with a competence which should be called something like "magma explosion" in english, if you have it. That was the only thing that did a decent amount of damage.

Trigger

My third festival is in Runaways Descent. I haven't had to start drawing a map for any other dungeons, but this one is really ridiculous.

I wish there was a way to just retire your units. Now that I'm using heirlooms, it's really inconvenient when I can't move them onto the younger generation until the old one die out.

ramyeon

i swear to god i can't land on these fucking green items in the roulette
I'm pretty sure you need to have met certain criteria for it to land on them. Most of mine have been from slaying a certain number of a specific type of enemy, or for slaying the enemy while my leader was equipped with a specific armour.

Shouta

Getting Heirlooms early so you can build them up is soooo nice. It was worth it to restart my game, lol.

Ephidel

Finally had time to try and pull off some screenshots of my clan \o/
My original trio (Halberdier/Dancer/Martial Artist).
fpf3tq2.jpg

The 2nd Generation (Halberdier/Martial/Dancer/Lancer)
(The second on the left was originally a redhead but stuff happened).

Still the 2nd Generation (Lancer/Martial/Halberdier/Wrecker)

The beginnings of the 3rd Generation.

My current family tree.

And Kitsuto being his usual happy self <3

My third festival is in Runaways Descent. I haven't had to start drawing a map for any other dungeons, but this one is really ridiculous.

This is where is my next festival, I just went once in that place, to find one of the 3 candles (the red one, I think). Anything special I should know ? Seems like everyone is bothered by that one :D

Uthred

Some of the emergent situations in this can be pretty funny, a particular lineage in my family seems cursed with stupid haircuts, three generations of boys with mohawks, finally got a different hairstyle in the fourth generation - a tonsure. Sent him into his first battle with his grandfathers heirloom sword and on the very first attack the ancestral spirit in the sword activated and a ghostly spirit of his mohawked grandsire appears behind him. Just had to laugh.

robotrock

Banned
I was in line for the FF15 panel at PAX East yesterday and saw some dude playing this. Looked neat, and it's cheap! Gonna check it out.

Hikami

Finally found the third feast at the Runaways' Descent, stayed there for a while defeating the enemies before going to Seimei.
Started walking over there and got to the famous sight thing and took a picture.. the game freezes. (&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

Shouta

Some of the emergent situations in this can be pretty funny, a particular lineage in my family seems cursed with stupid haircuts, three generations of boys with mohawks, finally got a different hairstyle in the fourth generation - a tonsure. Sent him into his first battle with his grandfathers heirloom sword and on the very first attack the ancestral spirit in the sword activated and a ghostly spirit of his mohawked grandsire appears behind him. Just had to laugh.

I spit out my drink while reading this.

Maligna

Banned
So I know it says this in the OP:

Availability: Digital download only in US/EU

But I just gotta ask, is that still true? Is this only available digitally in North America? I'm hoping against hope the info is outdated or something.

LX_Theo

Banned
So I know it says this in the OP:

But I just gotta ask, is that still true? Is this only available digitally in North America? I'm hoping against hope the info is outdated or something.

Its true. It also launched at $20 in the west.

There is the option to import the Asian English release for retail (late this month). There's also no guarantee they'll use the proper western English release localization. It might be one of the typical English Asian releases that does English but its not done extraordinarily well. If people have more info on that, I'd welcome them to add to this or correct me.

Seda

I got to the boss at the end of the last dungeon (not sure if final boss,
Asura
) and he creams me ;_;.

When did you start ignoring the advices of the Weasel Girl?

I'm in the second year, and the Weasel likes to send me to gather scrolls, when I have only 4 clan members (one already 17 months old) and Nueko. Even if I change the "preceipt", Kochin seems interested only in gathering stupid scrolls that I never use.

So, is about time to ignore her. I don't want to risk myself to go below 4 members on a dungeon.

The Weasel is particularly terrible when it comes to managing inventory and equipment. I only really paid attention to what she said for the first year or so.

Ventara

So I've been playing the game for some time now. Finished the second festival and am on my 3rd generation of clan members. I gotta say, I'm not really feeling this game. It feels like I'm just going through the motions. Almost like I'm just grinding. I think this may be mostly because I don't really understand what's going on, and that Kochin is making most of the choices for me. Whenever I don't know what to do next, I just follow her advice (which is 80% of the time) and when I do know what to do next, it's usually what she's recommending anyways.

I'm still gonna keep playing, as the game is kinda addicting. I'm also gonna read all of Kochin's advice, as I feel me not understanding the game mechanics is what is really holding me back from enjoying the game. Gene inheritance is the main thing I just don't understand. I have no idea how a parent and a god would affect a new clan members genes, or how the training system works at all.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

things like this is what make the game awesome

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Its true. It also launched at $20 in the west.

There is the option to import the Asian English release for retail (late this month). There's also no guarantee they'll use the proper western English release localization. It might be one of the typical English Asian releases that does English but its not done extraordinarily well. If people have more info on that, I'd welcome them to add to this or correct me.

Seeing how the Singapore PSN has the digital version up when the US version was released, I think it's safe to say that it's probably the same localisation. Usually spotty localisation occurs if the English Asian versions are released before they are released or even announced for the west. Makes me want to buy a physical copy to keep just because it'll probably be rare.

Been enjoying the game so far. I mentioned it in a previous thread that I had a bad experience with the Chinese version (due to them not unlocking online for two months) but thankfully this wasn't the case here. I also had the misconception that the dungeons you get are locked and you can only access the dungeons that you don't have via multiplayer.

Anyways, US$20 for this game is such a steal.

How do you get new trades? i'm on my second generation now and everybody is a halberdier, gunner, and a dancer which is what my initial generation were.

Ventara

So how do I decide which God do choose when I'm making a baby? Like I really don't get it. I'm looking at the genetic makeup and am trying to pick a god that has high bars for the bars that are low on the human parent, but the bars for the human parent keeps changing for each god. I don't get it.

Shouta

So how do I decide which God do choose when I'm making a baby? Like I really don't get it. I'm looking at the genetic makeup and am trying to pick a god that has high bars for the bars that are low on the human parent, but the bars for the human parent keeps changing for each god. I don't get it.

Well, you're not really supposed to understand it super in-depth since genetic stuff doesn't really work like that in ye olde Japan, lol.

From the JP guidebook,

z54GA9k.jpg

The set of bars on the left represent the human character you're using while the right represents the god/goddess that you're preforming the ritual with. The set of bars on top represent the Maternal DNA of that individual while the lower one represents the Paternal DNA. The DNA of the child is a combination on that, usually taking on either the mother or father's stats for each of the various statistics.

The human character's actual stats can be found on the screen before you pick a god, gotta hit triangle or so.

LX_Theo

Banned
Seeing how the Singapore PSN has the digital version up when the US version was released, I think it's safe to say that it's probably the same localisation. Usually spotty localisation occurs if the English Asian versions are released before they are released or even announced for the west. Makes me want to buy a physical copy to keep just because it'll probably be rare.

Been enjoying the game so far. I mentioned it in a previous thread that I had a bad experience with the Chinese version (due to them not unlocking online for two months) but thankfully this wasn't the case here. I also had the misconception that the dungeons you get are locked and you can only access the dungeons that you don't have via multiplayer.

Anyways, US$20 for this game is such a steal.

Oh yeah. Oh yeah, Probably the most pure value I've seen for a game at its opening pricepoint ever.

It seems like having all the keys is not mandatory to finish the game ? I'm still missing at least two keys from the beginning, but I have been able to localise the portal to the 4th demon festival. That's a blessing because with all the crazy dungeons that are unlocked now in my game, I may never find those keys.

LX_Theo

Banned
It seems like having all the keys is not mandatory to finish the game ? I'm still missing at least two keys from the beginning, but I have been able to localise the portal to the 4th demon festival. That's a blessing because with all the crazy dungeons that are unlocked now in my game, I may never find those keys.

I'm not totally sure they were in the first place. I noticed an item in the general store that said it opened up any one door.

Ventara

Well, you're not really supposed to understand it super in-depth since genetic stuff doesn't really work like that in ye olde Japan, lol.

From the JP guidebook,

z54GA9k.jpg

The set of bars on the left represent the human character you're using while the right represents the god/goddess that you're preforming the ritual with. The set of bars on top represent the Maternal DNA of that individual while the lower one represents the Paternal DNA. The DNA of the child is a combination on that, usually taking on either the mother or father's stats for each of the various statistics.

The human character's actual stats can be found on the screen before you pick a god, gotta hit triangle or so.

Oh, so those stats were the stats of the parents of the god? Thought one was the god and the other my clan member. Anyways, I see my clan member's stats now. I guess I'll just pick one without thinking of it too much.

ramyeon

Yeah, it was the weirdest thing when I saw it. I haven't went back and confirmed it did what I assumed it did, but it was at the bottom of the general store items list.
The general store tends to rotate through items a lot (Also depending on how much you've upgraded it). I haven't seen any master key type items, but I have seen keys for dungeons being sold in the store (Along with the wooden tags for the cat dungeon, and a floodgate key for opening the dam in the Fuji Viewing Glade).

LX_Theo

Banned
The general store tends to rotate through items a lot (Also depending on how much you've upgraded it). I haven't seen any master key type items, but I have seen keys for dungeons being sold in the store (Along with the wooden tags for the cat dungeon, and a floodgate key for opening the dam in the Fuji Viewing Glade).

And now I regret not buying it on the spot.

'-_-

Top Bottom