• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines |OT| Cursed for Life

Amir0x

Banned
uCtZU9v.jpg

Here is one of my latest, if anyone wants to use her.
Also an archer...

sIeqWrU.jpg

oooo yippee thanks spatenfloot :D

Seda

Managed to get the last boss to his
final form, basically when there's less than a 1/4th of his health
and :/

Seda

How long/difficult was the final dungeon?

The dungeon itself is basically a straight line, much like the tower. Very short if you skip by enemies.

Some boss spoilers:

First you battle Seimei as he transforms into a spider-thing. This guy used to to give me trouble but now I can beat him handily. Then you are immediately thrown into the next battle against his transformed doll. This boss has a main body and two hands. The hands don't do much and are pretty easy to kill, but he can regenerate them and they sit in the front line.

As my stats are right now, this boss didn't do much damage to start but, he powers up at 50% and 25% health it seems, and at the final part he one-shotted my captain.

I wonder if you have to refight Seimei if you don't reload, and just take the L. That might make things a tad easier on a rematch. hmm

Sera O

Banned
Monster post of adoption/betrothal candidates! I think there were times betrothal was something I needed to do, due to time constraints or not having enough devotion. It seems that betrothal doesn't take a month but I may be misremembering.

A few of them have a secret art, which might influence whether you want to adopt/betroth them. I also saw some info in the game about heirlooms and QR codes, but I couldn't really find any more info about it. Is there a way to get heirlooms via QR adoption? I think all these guys have at least one heirloom on.

If anyone wants visitors to their clan, let me know your PSN. My land has heirloom weaponmakers for bow, naginata, gun and spear. My armorer can make heirlooms for sword, bow, spear and martial artist (not positive of the armor list, can't see the types on my order screen). If you need anything like that, my PSN is volpanic. Come visit.

Seda

Juste to have an idea of the lenght of the game, did you get to the final boss just after the 5th demon festival ?

You do the four festivals, and then you
save the princess, then go up the tower, and then into the palace for the final encounter. I spent several months after getting the 5th instrument before taking on Seimei though.

And in other news

(spoilers)

Aww Yeah

Sera O

Banned
I feel like a lot of the time I'm playing this game I'm spinning my wheels. It's a mix of my carelessness and bad luck or timing. I seriously went forever between festivals 2 and 3, I think it took 3 years for me to even have a decent crack at them, but then I was able to do festival 4 right after.

To begin with I made a bit of an issue where I think I grew my clan too large, making it hard to train people to a decent strength or save up devotion. After that was sorted out, I went too far the other way. A plague hit and one person died before procreating. Then the team I was grooming for the boss got wasted by a tough onigami fight that left everyone with low vigor and one instadeath upon returning. A clan member defected (this was before I discovered one can use the "bequeath" menu to gift antiques to raise loyalty without having to use a month raiding or reproducing). Then,
Nueko
died three months before the festival.

Worst clan manager ever...

Amir0x

Banned
so...many...offspring.

This game has so many options my head is spinning. I don't even know what to focus on next, I'm like a child in a candy store :O

lupin23rd

Just started in on the game, and was a bit confused by the 'Change Gender' option at the screen where you choose the jobs for your first three clan members.

Are you able to choose a mix of male and female characters at this point, or are they all the same sex as the main character?

Well I finished the game. I just barely managed to finish the final boss on my first try with a final secret art before my last 2 units were wiped out.
I used joint magic (collapsing conflag!), and then when the boss powered up, I finished it off with a barrage secret arts, mostly from my Wrecker and Archer. Though its status changing magic was a real pain.

I quite liked the game, even with the difficulty spikes, confusing dungeon design, and some frustration at the timing elements of the festivals. The story never becomes interesting and I can see why people might not like Nueko, but I never found her to be more than a minor hassle. I don't particularly care that the focus is on her over the clan because the writing is never very compelling to begin with. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a solid dungeon crawler.

I played on a setting that said it would be a 50 hour experience, but it probably wasn't half that, so those playing times are inflated as expected. Though without an in game hour count, I can't really tell you how long it took me to finish, and I did rush a bit in the last 1/3 of the game.

I'd like to fool around with the game more, but with like 30,000 games coming out this week/month I might have to put that off.

Ephidel

Just started in on the game, and was a bit confused by the 'Change Gender' option at the screen where you choose the jobs for your first three clan members.

Are you able to choose a mix of male and female characters at this point, or are they all the same sex as the main character?
They all end up the same gender as the first character.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
so...many...offspring.

This game has so many options my head is spinning. I don't even know what to focus on next, I'm like a child in a candy store :O

A store filled with candy that has a 1 week expiration date lol

Ventara

Well, I just got my ass whooped by the 3rd boss 4x in a row, so I decided to hold off for 2 years and make a better team. Though it might be longer. My 4th gen don't seem to be as good as my 3rd gen, for some reason.

I also got my first secret art. Too bad the guy dropped dead the next month before he could train it to his child. I need that 7th clan member spot so that this doesn't happen again. How much money do I need saved up to have it appear?

Oh, and what type of heirloom would you guys recommend I get for each member? Weapon or Armor?

Hikami

How close am I to finishing the game? Lost count of the festivals, haha.
Tazu just got kidnapped and I have to go after her
is where I'm at.

Seda

Well I finished the game. I just barely managed to finish the final boss on my first try with a final secret art before my last 2 units were wiped out.
I used joint magic (collapsing conflag!), and then when the boss powered up, I finished it off with a barrage secret arts, mostly from my Wrecker and Archer. Though its status changing magic was a real pain.

I quite liked the game, even with the difficulty spikes, confusing dungeon design, and some frustration at the timing elements of the festivals. The story never becomes interesting and I can see why people might not like Nueko, but I never found her to be more than a minor hassle. I don't particularly care that the focus is on her over the clan because the writing is never very compelling to begin with. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a solid dungeon crawler.

I played on a setting that said it would be a 50 hour experience, but it probably wasn't half that, so those playing times are inflated as expected. Though without an in game hour count, I can't really tell you how long it took me to finish, and I did rush a bit in the last 1/3 of the game.

I'd like to fool around with the game more, but with like 30,000 games coming out this week/month I might have to put that off.

Hah, I was too tired to make some comments last night but my thoughts basically mirror this, including using collapsing conflag joint magic. The clan lineage systems, time passage, and dungeon progression are quite nonstandard, which sometimes makes things feel more frustrating than expected, but it was fresh. And I agree that Nueko's presence wasn't an issue.

I'll probably come back to maybe see how further trophy collection might work (and apparently there's a postgame boss) but I also have other games to get to.

Sera O

Banned
Nueko's presence in my team at first meant someone wouldn't be able to have a child in time, so in that sense it was a wrench in the works. That quickly became a non-issue though. In the end, I am only bothered by how she's in the portraits of my clan. Most probably don't care about the family photos, but I think the idea is kind of cool. I try to take one per generation. Then there's this weirdo hanging out with her stupid boob-ribbons...

But maybe that's a more authentic family portrait experience. There's always that one kid in a bizarre outfit.

As an aside, I had a male dancer as my team captain for the first time last night. I was not expecting that super-fabulous running animation.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
My last daughter has a tail, and the weasel girl is annoyed because she steals her thunder lol, the first daughter had cat hears.

I have a good amount of descendants with green hair and most of them have no green haired ascendants. It's just a coincidence or i'm into something?

If you pick a girl at the beginning there aren't really any handsome/"normal" gods to choose from whereas the female low level gods are attractive.

My last daughter has a tail, and the weasel girl is annoyed because she steals her thunder lol, the first daughter had cat hears.

I have a good amount of descendants with green hair and most of them have no green haired ascendants. It's just a coincidence or i'm into something?

i think 3/4 of my clan is blackish now. i don't remember making babies with a black god. well, the weasel didn't pick any at least....

same with green hair. lots of green hair suddenly. funny shit.

LX_Theo

Banned
Ugh... I'm on the last stretch grind and am struggling just to get babies that are on par with my current generations. Why are none of the children actually being stronger! I'm using stronger gods than I have in the past. :(

I'm in the cat dungeon after the 4th festival and thoses bakaneko are raping me. I don't know if it's an affinity problem, but even my beautiful Nueko barely scratch them.

437217oreshika.jpg

In the same time, at the beginning of this feline dungeon, I just found a room with something like 15 green chests. The closed ones had EVERY key items I was missing until now... strange game is strange.

Ventara

Despite crappy 3rd and 4th generation clan members (save 1), my 5th gen members are coming along nicely, so I should be able to go to the 3rd festival and win. They might even be better than my 2nd gen members, who are all GOAT currently. One of them even lived 26 months. Went through so many bosses with them. Anyways, one of the clan members that I'm using will be 20 months when the 3rd festival comes, so I gotta be careful there.

Are there any tips to fighting the boss for the 3rd festival? I have a feeling I'll still get my ass kicked without some strategy.

Haha, 26 months is also the longer one of my member lived.

For the third boss, the ability "magma explosion" (should be called something like that in english) helped me a lot.

Hikami

What skills should I be using for the final boss..?
Joint-casting Collapsing conflag. isn't working out for me since the hands keep reviving. (The skill only hits a frontline enemy.)

nvm, beat him :)

Ventara

Haha, 26 months is also the longer one of my member lived.

For the third boss, the ability "magma explosion" (should be called something like that in english) helped me a lot.

Coolios. Thanks for the tip. I think I have my Fantastic 4 just about ready for it. Fingers crossed.

Ventara

Hikami

I didn't really understand the ending.. I should've payed more attention.
Anyways, there's a trophy called
"Unhappy Ending" - [Attempted Nueko's end for the first time]
that didn't unlock.
Is there a different ending then?
Checked the Japanese wiki and it said you have to do something after the final battle, no specifics though.. hmm

Seda

I didn't really understand the ending.. I should've payed more attention.
Anyways, there's a trophy called
"Unhappy Ending" - [Attempted Nueko's end for the first time]
that didn't unlock.
Is there a different ending then?
Checked the Japanese wiki and it said you have to do something after the final battle, no specifics though.. hmm

I assumed it was within the post-game somewhere.

Slathe

I've yet to find any new trades and I'm past the second festival. Is there something specific I need to do? I gtogrind the expedition dungeons like crazy. I don't even see the drop on the wheels.

Ventara

I've yet to find any nTaranew trades and I'm past the second festival. Is there something specific I need to do? I gtogrind the expedition dungeons like crazy. I don't even see the drop on the wheels.

I'm not sure if you have to do anything specific. I got 3 new ones but they felt random, and I only noticed I got them when Kochin announced it after I got back. I think I got one sometime after the first festival and the other 2 while grinding for the 3rd festival.

Mmh about the boss for the 5th instrument.
I thought I have to take down the two dogs in the same time, but Seimei did revive them. What is the trick here, shall I simply kill them until Seimei stop resurrect them ?

Shouta

Mmh about the boss for the 5th instrument.
I thought I have to take down the two dogs in the same time, but Seimei did revive them. What is the trick here, shall I simply kill them until Seimei stop resurrect them ?

Do you have Nueko with you? If you don't, that might be why he keeps reviving them.

LX_Theo

Banned
I've yet to find any new trades and I'm past the second festival. Is there something specific I need to do? I gtogrind the expedition dungeons like crazy. I don't even see the drop on the wheels.
They almost always showed up if I went to new regions where the local clan had those new trades

I picked this up today, having tons of fun with it. I'm about to retire my second generation. Growing your clan is really satisfying, and I love town management. I've never been able to get into JRPGs, but the art style, family/town progression, and combat system make this one work for me.

Top Bottom