• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[OT] This Winnie the Pooh Flash Game is Way Too Hard for Its Target Audience

Syncytia

Hahahaha shit, thanks everyone who posted all the fan art.

On my third run with piglet. 7/8 homeruns first try. Next two... fucking nothing. Keep just bombing fouls.

The fan art to this never gets old

CX1eYsvUEAAXdeS.jpg:large

fR5Vp5Z.jpg
These are pure gold.

Zomba13

He was training the whole time for this.

Yup. That was my first thought seeing that guy. No wonder Christopher Robin was such a hard arse, he was helping Pooh train. Pooh's universe is Universe 6, Christopher Robin is their real god of destruction.

Tried to replay this game...Oh well. Guess I'm one of these modern gaming scrubs. I'll be waiting in the corner for the remaster, with achievements, XP and matOOrz story. I made some concept art in the mean time :

OnPoint

Over the years, every time this thread pops up, I think "Maybe I should play. Maybe this is the time I will give it a shot." But at this point, the mystery is greater and the reactions of others more beautiful than I think the experience will be for me.

I've tried Owl maybe three or four times per day for the last three days. I am consistently hitting 13-15 but I have not had a single round that made me think I am going to luck out and hit 19. I should just walk away.

Putosaure

I've tried Owl maybe three or four times per day for the last three days. I am consistently hitting 13-15 but I have not had a single round that made me think I am going to luck out and hit 19. I should just walk away.

Last time I had 18/19.
If only I understood the mechanics but it just semms to be pure randomness

gabbo

I was the same way, then last night I somehow had a moment of clarity and beat him. Keep at it. That damn owl will fall.
Then I nearly beat Tigger, but subsequent attempts have come up much shorter.

On the bright side, I only just learned the game has an upgrade system.

EDIT: Okay, the ability to upgrade Pooh's movement explains some of Owl's inside throws. Before I had to give up on maybe 5 pitches per round because there was no way to get good contact on them even if I started moving as soon as possible.

Ultimadrago

If I recall correctly with Tigger and Owl, people always seem to have a "That wasn't so bad" time with one and a "Help me, Jeesus." Moment with the other.

Havok1313

Just got to Tigger...honestly he doesn't seem that bad, almost had him first try. I think Kanga might have been the hardest one actually.

Feep

Banned
I had him. I fucking had him. I hit nine straight, then down to the final pitch.

Motherfucker whizzes a max speed fastball right down the center.

Fuck you, Christopher Robin. You haunt my dreams.

EFFCR.png

Falk

that puzzling face
I had him. I fucking had him. I hit nine straight, then down to the final pitch.

Motherfucker whizzes a max speed fastball right down the center.

Fuck you, Christopher Robin. You haunt my dreams.

EFFCR.png

I swear today or tomorrow you're going to be able to post a 39.5 due to a bug.

EndMerit

Huh, didn't know this was kind of an annual thread in GAF.
I actually played this first time about a year ago. Got to Christopher Robin, and after couple of tries didn't bother to get angry.

Might as well try again. Just had my first loss, against
__Owl__

Dugna

I passed Owl (on my like 50th try) and almost beat Tigger on my first try, I just stood still and counted 1,2,3,4 and swung usually got a homerun.

V-Gief

I thought I was going to be able to keep away from this game this year... but no.

Got to Robin again and best I've gotten so far is 22 :/ A win feels so far away! :(

I returned to the game today because it's such a slow day at work. I made it through to the Owl in one go and then he continues to just destroy me. I will beat this smug fucker once more! And then get my ass kicked by Tigger again and again.

I will not rest though before I beat the devil himself Christopher Robin!

thenameDS

NOPE! Finally seen this thread when I was actually at the computer and decided to open it. Everything was going jolly well, beating everyone first time.. then I got to the owl.

Scored 9 on my first go then 12. Closed the browser window. Definitely not going down this rabbit hole.

I mean, I know there's an English version, but I feel the Japanese version is better just because it's like the game is mocking your baka gaijin stupid America-jin for not having the skills to play this kiddy ass Winnie the Pooh game.

JAV Actress said:
This reminds me of that sponge bob car game, though that game is a little more forgiving than this goddamn.
I remember that one! It is IMPOSSIBLE, the physics are bonkers, it's like Excitebike on crack. I'd say the Pooh game is better. It's really hard but there's at least simple logic and patterns behind all of it.

Top Bottom