• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch 2 x Cowboy Bebop Collab Announced

RagnarokIV

Angry British Film GIF by Signature Entertainment

Hudo

This looks... kinda cool. Not a big fan of Overwatch but this just makes me wish Blizzard would use the Overwatch engine and make a Cowboy Bebop game.

Reactions: Isa

nikos

I love this game, and the anime has always been on my list so I'm finally going to check it out this week.

Barakov

Gold Member
Cowboy Bebop is one of the greatest anime of all time. And Overwatch 2 is.......
Season 8 Pain GIF by One Chicago

It's going to take all my willpower to not buy this.

• Strength
The most entertainment I get out of Overwatch 2 is seeing how much the people behind the game really want to make an Overwatch Netflix series

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
This is way more impressive than I thought. Will I buy it? Nope.

Doom85

Bruh I thought the same thing. Ain’t no way they out here sexualizing Ed.

But at the end of the day, the character model is Sombra, who is 32. What’s the issue here? Were they supposed to reduce her breast size just because she’s basically cosplaying? Because that sounds ridiculous.

• Fire

HoodWinked

I was trying to figure out what the butler robot was supposed to be, it's Faye's Ship

Also McCree's gun is Spike's ship.

3Cwg72o.png
nGxz8qU.png

ASDQMeb.png

It's a skin and they can't change a multiplayer character model 🤷‍♂️
What do you mean? It's not as if it's simply a retextured model, they're changing all sorts of things with the geometry of the model. They can certainly remove tits without affecting gameplay, they don't need to mess with the hitboxes or anything.

If it's supposed to be Sombra dressed as Ed fair enough but then it stands out as noticeably out of place compared to the other designs.

What do you mean? It's not as if it's simply a retextured model, they're changing all sorts of things with the geometry of the model. They can certainly remove tits without affecting gameplay, they don't need to mess with the hitboxes or anything.

If it's supposed to be Sombra dressed as Ed fair enough but then it stands out as noticeably out of place compared to the other designs.
When Overwatch was first made, Blizzard believed in the ‘silhouette’ style behind their design, which means that regardless of character skin, they all need to be as close as possible to their silhouettes which includes specific body part sizes, or else someone could mistake that character for others during a match.

tumblr_o6t8nvnzkV1rb99m8o1_640.pnj

Due to this, you’ll get sponsored skins that look slightly off because they’re still trying to match the Overwatch character, rather than the character the skin is being referenced from.

With these events, it’s always better to think of it more like the Overwatch character doing a cosplay, rather than them being the actual referenced character.

It’s also why a game like Fortnite always gets very accurate skins, because they don’t have a hero-based roster and don’t have to worry about such things.

Top Bottom