• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Anybody have king of the hill matches where you do really good the first rpund but it was just a fluke and your team goes full moron the next two rounds choosing defense characters at the beggining and only going for kills for the rest of the game? Drives me freaking insane. Should probably just leave these games.

Just had a match exactly like that. But nah, just finish them and get the XP. It's frustrating to finish it out, but that's games with randoms.

Forkball

Anybody have king of the hill matches where you do really good the first rpund but it was just a fluke and your team goes full moron the next two rounds choosing defense characters at the beggining and only going for kills for the rest of the game? Drives me freaking insane. Should probably just leave these games.
You've lost when everyone is not Winston.

mbpm1

That feeling when there's a very heated firefight, tons of attacking and movement, and everyone looks evenly matched in their own spheres of fire...and then you quietly walk up behind the payload and push it the last five seconds to the objective and win.

*shrug*

Gryph

Man. I don't know if anything in gaming feels as bad as getting rolled on attack, and then having the same team turn around and roll you on defense.

Could I feel like more of a failure in ten minutes?

Demoskinos

Put in some good work tonight. Got to 37 and had some great matches today. Really dug into Winston and Symmetra today a whole bunch. Defensive powerhouses both of them.

Xeteh

That feeling when there's a very heated firefight, tons of attacking and movement, and everyone looks evenly matched in their own spheres of fire...and then you quietly walk up behind the payload and push it the last five seconds to the objective and win.

*shrug*

I had one during the pre-order beta where I crouched behind the payload on the final point while their team shot at me but didn't contest so I got the cap. Dumb moments are fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have 3 heroes completely unplayed (Winston, Mcree and Genji) and one I only played a little bit in open beta (Roadhog). I need to change that.

Man. I don't know if anything in gaming feels as bad as getting rolled on attack, and then having the same team turn around and roll you on defense.

Could I feel like more of a failure in ten minutes?

Well you usually play the same team on attack and defense at least once so if you got rolled over in one, you will probably get rolled over in the other aswell

sephi22

symmetra_by_monorirogue-d9e2bw2.jpg

Who else running Symmetra on defense here? She's the queen of defense. Teleporter + Sentries + Offensive play wrecks offense teams.

gjCoagC.jpg

I've got a 75% winrate on her playing 40+ games on defense.

Here's a POTG I got.

So if...for example, a team were to go all D.Va, the answer would be Reapers...right?

Asking for a friend
Yup. 2-3 reapers with 1 healer and 1 sniper and you're good to go. Diva while shooting is an easy target so your snipers will melt the mech and reaper gets free super meter from her

Pharah in particular does really well against Reaper. He doesn't have any tool to chase her, she can knock him back, and she can always rocket jump away.

Anyone long range I think

Reaper is a crappy long-range fighter, so use that to your advantage. My boy Lucio in particular is especially dangerous towards Reaper, who can treat him like he's a jet black basketball.
Great advice. Thanks guys.

mbpm1

I had one during the pre-order beta where I crouched behind the payload on the final point while their team shot at me but didn't contest so I got the cap. Dumb moments are fun.

They didn't even shoot at me lol and I was clearly in sight of a few of them

idek

Oh my Lord. Sym doesn't work that well on Ilios. Stop picking herrrrr

All of the KotH maps are kinda bad for her, tbh, other than the Night Market in Lianjing and maybe the Village in Nepal. Ilios might be her single worst (set) of maps though.

Who else running Symmetra on defense here? She's the queen of defense. Teleporter + Sentries + Offensive play wrecks offense teams.

gjCoagC.jpg

Here's a POTG I got.

Yup, she's BEASTLY on the right maps.

Gryph

Well you usually play the same team on attack and defense at least once so if you got rolled over in one, you will probably get rolled over in the other aswell

I know, I know. I just, hope that I'd be able to do one competently... You know?

Every time a get rolled by a team, I'm like, "I'll give the same back to them." Then they wreck me again... :p

On PS4 and Xbox One, what kind of control settings are people using?

Since Open Beta, I feel like I kind of struggle to find stick sensitivity settings that feel ideal. Currently resting at Horizontal 22/Vertical 11 which is actually down from the default, and so far it's the best luck I've personally had. Turned off reticle bloom across the board, too, feel like keeping it small and focused allows me to have a much easier time referencing where my shots need to be placed. I usually use Soldier 76 as sort of a reference character to test my aim sensitivity since his weapon shoots fairly straight and his movement speed is relatively quick.

Still, feel like I die to people that have adapted their controls far better than me from some of the kill cams, particularly with some pretty amazing snipers and Pharahs out there. I also know that conventionally, high skill players seem to prefer higher sensitivities to lower ones due to possibility of rapid response, but I personally can't keep up with the screen moving around that fast on an analog stick (I am far more comfortable with high sensitivities on a mouse). I typically play console FPS games at default difficulty and often find them quite easy to adapt to.

Seems Overwatch approaches with minimal aim assist, which I appreciate. While the comparison isn't entirely fair given how much slower paced Rainbow Six Siege plays, I still think that game feels slightly better with the acceleration of look speed and its sensitivity curve, as I never felt vastly outplayed in that game. I feel vastly outplayed in Overwatch a lot of the time, and I've spent 3-4 cumulative hours in the training area trying to get a good sensitivity going... But I just can't seem to land on something that feels entirely comfortable.

gjCoagC.jpg

Here's a POTG I got.

Yup. 2-3 reapers with 1 healer and 1 sniper and you're good to go. Diva while shooting is an easy target so your snipers will melt the mech and reaper gets free super meter from her

I use Symmetra for defense like 95% of the time. Sentries are great, and I just spam charge shots when I am able to. Teleporter is clutch, too.

So if...for example, a team were to go all D.Va, the answer would be Reapers...right?

Asking for a friend

Again Pharah does pretty well here since D.Va does pretty limited damage at long ranges. Bastion also does pretty well since shes vulnerable when trying to close the gap.

Symmetra is my first choice in defense situations... hovering around an 80% win percentage. I've actually been experimenting with incorporating Symmetra into attack modes. Had a game earlier today where I snuck a teleporter behind the defense's line on Volskaya Industries to great effect.

Naite

After 13 levels of shitty loot boxes, I get 2 legendaries in a row.

I was bummed about the first one being for soldier since that's my least used character but I can't complain after this junkrat one. Plus I finally have enough currency to buy a skin I want.

Clawww

After 13 levels of shitty loot boxes, I get 2 legendaries in a row.

I was bummed about the first one being for soldier since that's my least used character but I can't complain after this junkrat one. Plus I finally have enough currency to buy a skin I want.

got the solider one, I love it. dude's all smiles under that mask

mbpm1

I refuse to play Zarya just because of her design visually. I despise the tattoo, I despise the pink hair, it just completely turned me off of playing her. I have nothing against the female bodybuilder design but I don't think the stuff I mentioned goes well with it at all.

I'm sorry to hear that the game missed it's mark with this character for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom