• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

packy34

Yeah. Thankfully there aren't too many legendary skins I really want, Tracer's racing jumpsuit and Winston's scuba gear being my top two. It's the lack of POTG animations that really stings. I had much better luck with it all in the beta.

Thankfully those aren't *too* expensive.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Bought into the hype. I did love TF2 so we'll see how this goes. I'm diggymow on PSN anyone is up for spending out friend requests me. Most of my friends list is still back from Trials Fusion days haha..

ship it

I can't get into a game group or solo without being destroyed with no chance to comeback, and then people quit. its been like this for 4 days now. I want to like the game but I can't even get used to it without getting frustrated.

First game I felt like not playing in betas really put me behind.

Matchmaking not feeding solo queue players to the large pre-made groups (who also get a 20% exp bonus) would go a long ways towards making this game more fun.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
eAD1l1E.jpg

RqQpLXu.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Matchmaking not feeding solo queue players to the large pre-made groups (who also get a 20% exp bonus) would go a long ways towards making this game for fun.

its funny you assume it does that instead of assuming that it matches vs other groups and thats why it usually takes longer

Matchmaking not feeding solo queue players to the large pre-made groups (who also get a 20% exp bonus) would go a long ways towards making this game for fun.
iirc they sort of have a system that tries to put equal teams together, so say both teams had groups of 4 or two teams of six face each other, but the system isn't 100% guaranteed of doing that, which is probably a good thing because otherwise MM would be way too long for larger teams.

LiK

Why can't groups stick together in PS4? If the group leader leaves a game, we don't follow him. People need to reinvite everyone each time. Heard this doesn't happen on PC. Pretty annoying.

Yeah,it is though, cause nothing you do in quick play matters.

I am just learning heroes I haven't played in the beta and having some fun with weird matchups.

Game is just a fun random shooter, no need to get all "you're doing it wrong".

When you face a proper coordinated try hard team, sure, maybe you feel like switching around a bit and try harding yourself, but most of the time, just doing what you feel like it more enjoyable

Your causing every other person on your team to have a bad time

Tecnniqe

Banned
Why can't groups stick together in PS4? If the group leader leaves a game, we don't follow him. People need to reinvite everyone each time. Heard this doesn't happen on PC. Pretty annoying.

On PC theres a checkbox the leader can check to take party members out with him when he leaves

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What's the smartest way to use money? Wait until you get 1000 for a legendary skin you want, which is gonna take a stupid amount of time, or spend them all on sprays & voice lines ASAP, so you can get more duplicates sooner, which in turn gives money faster?

Xeteh

What's the smartest way to use money? Wait until you get 1000 for a legendary skin you want, which is gonna take a stupid amount of time, or spend them all on sprays & voice lines ASAP, so you can get more duplicates sooner, which in turn gives money faster?

There are so many sprays/voice lines that I can't imagine that would work out very well. I bought some cheap skins I liked plus one epic one and now I'm saving for a legendary (or might blow it on some Roadhog stuff).

I think you only get a fraction like 20% in coins for a duplicate. If you really want a spray or voice line then go for it.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd say save up.

Ken

save for skin

your other proposed plan only works with real money imo

LiK

Buy what you wanna use now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
last box of the day was... blue/epic/white/white mweh. Blue skin (Pink Tracer) and epic was a Junkrat emote, which is pretty bawling tbh

Gryph

The return on cash is really bad. So I'd say if there are still legendary skins that you want, save up for them.

I really can't imagine wanting to buy sprays until I prestige and get close to finishing a characters unlocks...

Xeteh

That's what I'm doing, but i'm not even halfway to 1000 after 10 hours. :( Oh well, i'm still going to play for a long time, so...

I'm nearly level 40, haven't bought any boxes and I'm sitting at 545 credits after spending ~500. Yeah, its not fast but its not that bad either.

Game is super fun but running into the occasional super pro player can instantly kill your fun. Hope Blizzard's system takes into account the hidden kill/death ratio etc. to make matches more fair. As it is I sometimes run into the super pro player whose skill is obviously leagues above the rest of the players on both teams. And then he just proceed to carry their team and there is not much I can do other than wait until they win the leave and que into a game hopefully without someone with that kind of skills.

Kadin

Okay guys, simple question: What support character do you prefer to team up with if you have your choice?

Might not be an easy answer of course...

Probably been asked a lot, but how do you get the steam overlay to work with this game?

I was able to add the Overwatch Launcher and have the overlay work in game without any issues. If you leave battle.net open when you launch the game though it will display the overlay in both the game and the launcher - it also will continue to show you being in game if you close the game but leave the Bnet launcher open. To get around this I just went into the Bnet launcher settings and under General there's an option for "When I launch the game" that I set to "Exit Battle.net completely" and then ticked "Show a brief countdown instead of closing immediately." The countdown is to keep Steam from losing track of it between the closing of the launcher and launching of the game.

Okay guys, simple question: What support character do you prefer to team up with if you have your choice?

Lucio 9 out of 10 times. The one time I want the teleporter/sentries chick on defense so we can push back up on the offense faster and close off areas.

Besides that, Lucio is the best for generally all skill levels at pub.

Xeteh

I think most people will say Lucio but I love Mercy heals. The fast healing on a target, the damage amp is huge and of course her Res is good already but its the fastest charging ult in the game.

I love me some Mercy.

Salarians

Mercy if the person is capable of flying between their team and keeping everyone healed. Otherwise, Lucio.

LiK

Game is super fun but running into the occasional super pro player can instantly kill your fun. Hope Blizzard's system takes into account the hidden kill/death ratio etc. to make matches more fair. As it is I sometimes run into the super pro player whose skill is obviously leagues above the rest of the players on both teams. And then he just proceed to carry their team and there is not much I can do other than wait until they win the leave and que into a game hopefully without someone with that kind of skills.

Yup, the group matching is pretty bad. I played with a group of casuals and we got matched with these uber players who did everything together. We got smoked. The best part is they keep you in the games with them instead of looking for another group. People end up having to leave the game and regroup to play a different group. I hope they fix that.

X-Frame

Is there a list of all the maps and if it's about to be a Control or Payload or Attack/Defend mission?

It doesn't seem to tell me in the character select, unless I am missing it?

Kadin

Okay cool. I've been playing a ton with Mercy but I don't feel I'm doing all that well. I get voted for a good bit but I still feel I let too many people die. Time to look a bit more into Lucio.

Lucio and mercy are the king healers right now, they are great in all modes, but lucio is pretty much essential in KotH against a solid team, he's insanely useful in that mode.

Hex

Banned
Loots boxes are so satisfying in this game for some reason. If I get something cool it's super awesome and exciting.. If I get a crappy box it doesn't phase me. I just say "meh" and move on to the next game.

I have been fairly lucky.
Purple Jackal skin for Pharah
Legendary for Tracer, Soldier, Zarya, Roadhog...I think another one.
Enough coin to buy one I wanted also.
Dupes at least give coin.
I have spent $20 and I am level 11.

Is there a list of all the maps and if it's about to be a Control or Payload or Attack/Defend mission?

It doesn't seem to tell me in the character select, unless I am missing it?

All the maps have a set gametype, iirc. The loading/character selection doesn't really display it, aside from saying you're attacking or defending. Could be wrong though.

sappyday

I get them often enough with Junkrat, but honestly they are just spot moments and not game swingers usually.
Yeah, I killed three, four, maybe five people at once but in the scheme of the game that could be a big thing or just a fart in the wind.
People who are rock solid, with good kill counts or amazing healers or control players will almost never get it.

This is what I tell myself at night in order to go to sleep :(

But honestly I've had two Overwatch dreams already. The thing I think about most when I'm at work is Overwatch. A couple of friends invited me to the strip club the other day and I said no just so I can play more Overwatch.

Yep I might stop laying this for a couple weeks until all the fucking terrible players stop playing. I'm consistently getting gold medals in eliminations, damage and objective kills yet I haven't won a match in literally hours of playing. This matchmaking is failing me spectacularly.

Xeteh

Okay cool. I've been playing a ton with Mercy but I don't feel I'm doing all that well. I get voted for a good bit but I still feel I let too many people die. Time to look a bit more into Lucio.

Mercy is really hard to play as when your team is all over the place. Not only do you have to chase people down to heal them but if they aren't protecting you then you're just fodder for the enemy team. Lucio is safer because he has his alt fire which knocks back and wallrun with speed boost to try to make an escape. His ult can be huge to set up a push but it can be hard to co-ordinate with people who aren't communicating.

Been practicing a lot with McCree.

Not seeing how all the ones I have run across have not just melted me. BAMF indeed.

I was healing for some friends last night and healing a buddy when he got stunned by a McCree who fan'd, rolled, fan'd... and managed to not hit a single shot on him. We both lost it.

Gryph

Unfortunately, people seem to think they're invincible when they have that beam on them... Almost every game I play as mercy there's at least one idiot who runs straight into the fire fight like goddamn Achilles, assuming that I can heal him through the entire enemy team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom