• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch World Cup 2017 Thread: Kimchi vs Baguettes [Group Stages]

AngryMoth

Close to 100k viewers if you combine all the streams. Makes me think Blizz has the right idea making the overwatch league teams region based, even if they are handling over aspects of it badly.

Did they just miss the Zarya/Hanzo combo?

I assumed the hanzo pick was to guarantee they could at least take the 1st point with that combo. Didn't see what the Zarya catched with her ult.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think the junkrat comp for defense is fairly legit.

And once you've held that much you can play literally anything lol just due to how much you have to capture.

exYle

Glad to see Poland put up a good performance against Austria. They have an edge on atleast one team.

Can I get a pic of this? It sound hilarious.

2caa353f26e29557a04c24954e9caa88.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The swaps might look like BM but they're pretty smart honestly. Like Tobi switching to Ana is because he used a sound barrier and at that point Ana's default toolset is much more useful.

support playing dps, tanks plying dps. dps playing support....

contant swaps... Korea playing Overwatch how it was Originally intended. (and not just sticking to the same hero the whole round like how its typically played now)

they got rocked so it was pretty zzzzzzzzzz, nothing really exceptional or interesting in that series

what are you talking about? that whole series was exceptional cause you never see unconventional comps and frequent swaps in pro level play. especially being that they werent sticking to the meta. everything about that was exceptional.

people complain about dive meta dive meta dive meta. Korea comes in and destroys that whole notion and people say its boring. smh

what are you talking about? that whole series was exceptional cause you never see unconventional comps and frequent swaps in pro level play. especially being that they werent sticking to the meta. everything about that was exceptional.

people complain about dive meta dive meta dive meta. Korea comes in and destroys that whole notion and people say its boring. smh

... it was boring because they rolled Russia and everyone knew they were going to roll them before the series started. I'm not speaking to the current meta or team composition diversity. The series was as exciting and exceptional as them rocking Poland and every other series before Russia lol.

smh

... it was boring because they rolled Russia and everyone knew they were going to roll them before the series started. I'm not speaking to the current meta or team composition diversity. The series was as exciting and exceptional as them rocking Poland and every other series before Russia lol.

smh

competively it was perhaps unexceptional sure. But the match itself was exceptional in alot of ways. to deny that only shows your ignorance to the game and competitive play in general. It was like if Tom brady played wide reciever, Gronk played QB, and danny amendola played Linebacker and they still win a playoff game. it was exceptional skill, flexibility, teamwork, and adaptability on display against a really good team.

competively it was perhaps unexceptional sure. But the match itself was exceptional in alot of ways. to deny that only shows your ignorance to the game and competitive play in general. It was like if Tom brady played wide reciever, Gronk played QB, and danny amendola played Linebacker and they still win a playoff game. it was exceptional skill, flexibility, teamwork, and adaptability on display against a really good team.

I literally said I was not speaking to team composition or the current meta when I said the match was not exceptional so what is the purpose of this post? To flaunt your ego? Your first sentence is all I was ever saying (and clearly you picked up on that) so why you felt the need to continue past that is... yeah. The bold in particular is exceptionally immature and completely uncalled for.

Anyways... LET'S GO CANADA!!!!

I literally said I was not speaking to team composition or the current meta when I said the match was not exceptional so what is the purpose of this post? To flaunt your ego? Your first sentence is all I was ever saying (and clearly you picked up on that) so why you felt the need to continue past that is... yeah. The bold in particular is exceptionally immature and completely uncalled for.

Anyways... LET'S GO CANADA!!!!

you said this.

they got rocked so it was pretty zzzzzzzzzz, nothing really exceptional or interesting in that series

backpeddaling and saying competively now isnt changing the fact you said nothing originally which was just ignorant and is what I was speaking to.

ego has nothing to do with this. you are making it personal for no reason.

you said this.

backpeddaling and saying competively now isnt changing the fact you said nothing originally which was just ignorant.

I'm not backpedaling though? I figured it was assumed that I meant from a competitive stand point (the outcome of the match and strength of the two teams compared) and you yourself even agreed with me so I don't know why you're so stuck on this.

Let's just enjoy the rest of this series, yeah?

I'm not backpedaling though? I figured it was assumed that I meant from a competitive stand point (the outcome of the match and strength of the two teams compared) and you yourself even agreed with me so I don't know why you're so stuck on this.

Let's just enjoy the rest of this series, yeah?

you said Nothing. I cant assume you mean anything other than nothing. While you tried to clarify after, your original sentiment was still ignorant which I was speaking to. If you cant comprehend that, I dont know what to tell you. You said it, own it. yeah?

you said Nothing. I cant assume you mean anything other than nothing. While you tried to clarify after, your original sentiment was still ignorant which I was speaking to. If you cant comprehend that, I dont know what to tell you. You said it, own it. yeah?

competively it was perhaps unexceptional sure.

Except for the part when you did assume what I had meant lol.

Anyways I don't know what you want or what you're getting out of this conversation so I'm gonna stop responding. Yeesh.

Except for the part when you did assume what I had meant lol.

Anyways I don't know what you want or what you're getting out of this conversation so I'm gonna stop responding. Yeesh.

this is factually incorrect as I didnt assume anything, You literally backpeddaled and spoke to the competitiveness which is why I responded about competitiveness. Just hold your L man. Yeesh.

^seems like it lol

Surefour as soon as he saw the widow he switched to tracer giving up 80% S76 ult.

Now back to s76, the game has been pretty funny with all this spawn changes.

The surprise of the day was the Russia vs Canada match which turned out pretty solid.

SK and Canada heading to Blizzcon was predicted though.

Can't wait for the US performance next weekend.

Veelk

Banned
Watching Russia v South Korea now.

Jesus, Zunba is good with Zarya.

And Ryujehong makes me wish I had PC overwatch where Ana wasn't worthless because she's more aim dependent than a controller can handle.

I-hate-u

The surprise of the day was the Russia vs Canada match which turned out pretty solid.

Imo Russia was more favored over Canada. Korea is still heaps beyond everyone else.

USA has such an easy group compared to the death bracket of this weekend.

fctfctn worries me. dude has been playing terrible in his streams. But hes practicing/playing more Rein lately instead of just Winston, so he might bust that out.

Another steamroll...

Are we expecting some good games in these groups?

new zealand is really the only team that should get rolled.

chinese taipei is the entirety of Flash Wolves, they're the team that won opc and beat Blank which is the entierty of Australia

brazil is the entierty of brazil gaming house

UK has the core of Kruise and Boombox. Boombox being a top 3 zenyatta

Germany has internet hulK, Nesh and other pros.

so otherS should be fine.

new zealand is really the only team that should get rolled.

chinese taipei is the entirety of Flash Wolves, they're the team that won opc and beat Blank which is the entierty of Australia

brazil is the entierty of brazil gaming house

UK has the core of Kruise and Boombox. Boombox being a top 3 zenyatta

Germany has internet hulK, Nesh and other pros.

so otherS should be fine.

Thank you.

Good to know, I only saw the first two matches of USA and stopped since it was being extremely uneven.

benzopil

AFAIK USA should "throw" the match against Taiwan so they won't play against Korea later? Or I misunderstood something?

Syf

Banned
AFAIK USA should "throw" the match against Taiwan so they won't play against Korea later? Or I misunderstood something?
I looked for official info on how teams are arranged in the quarterfinals bracket but couldn't find anything. Looking at the results though it seems so far it's just the winner out of #1 from first group (A/C/E/G) vs #2 from second group (B/D/F/H) ends up in the upper part of the quarterfinals bracket though so I think you're right, would be easier to end up #2 in group G and win out from there. Will be interesting to watch for that.

Top Bottom