• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch World Cup 2017 Thread: Kimchi vs Baguettes [Group Stages]

Weirdly enough genji is considered out of meta too lol.
Hmm i wouldnt say out of meta more like not as desirable as say running Soldier Tracer but teams still use significantly enough to say hes meta i think.
lmao, how did he made it?!

He made the committee not the team thankfully.
Committee chooses the team members and our team this year looks good.

Boombox is 👌👌

The frames are ruining this for me.

It's 25fps non source and 50fps source mode. Someone fucked up, it just doesn't look right.

I USED TO BE AN ATHIEST
BUT NOW I BELIEVE IN ONIGOD

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff Kaplan said(on reddit) that him and his team think Dive comp is fine as one of the main comps that exist in the game. However, what if that is all we see during this event? Would it still be fine if this world cup turns into a series of mirror matches?

I remember last EVO when the SFV top bracket was full of Charlie and Chun Li mirror match players and people got bored of it, so some people started cheering on the R. Mika player just because it was something different.

I just hope we get to see that 'something different' this Overwatch tournament or else I might not tune in as much this year, which is unfortunate because I really enjoy watching tourneys of this game, but I am just tired of seeing this comp.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
These casters seriously have no idea how the flow of an overwatch match is supposed to flow till the point it's kinda infuriating?

"Mickie picked agaaaaain" when 4 of his teammates are already down and the other team was chasing kills.

Antiwhippy

God Thailand's zen is really bad, or at least is the weak point of their comp. You're supposed to lose a bit to a tracer but not all the time.

Didn't even charge attack corner peek when he got spawn camped.

Still, seriously, problem with this meta is that it's almost purely about death matching (not even that sometimes, it's just about how lucky your dive position in) and denmark is definitely the better at deathmatching. Kragie is the secret carry and the casters don't notice lol.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Argentina has a team?
Will try to watch and root for my nationals!

I play OW but never watched pro matches.

With the recent ptr changes its clear blizzard is trying to nerf mobility abit and with doomfist coming hope we can see more diversity like during Apex s2.

Antiwhippy

If you're world class it's game-winning as heck. Of course you'll need an actually co-ordinated team so she's still average to good on ranked. :p

Thailand is actually pretty unco.

Sombra + tracer is what allowed lunatic hai to steamroll to the finals.

Antiwhippy

Holy crap what is up with the frame rate in this stream?

I feel like it's like skipping every 5 frames. Feeling woozy.

Isn't that more of a USA thing?

It's pretty cool to see the Hong Kong team using Sombra, as the newer heroes are rarely seen.

uh wut.....?

pharmercy is used on certain maps on the pro scene (but not alot in the current meta, just a few maps).

Sombra has been in the meta for awhile now and has been used alot with Dive meta in the pro scene...

I must say that having a Sombra in the team makes a huge difference. It's not game-winning, but the hacks are very, very useful.

its more about emp

kami_sama

uh wut.....?

pharmercy is used on certain maps on the pro scene (but not alot in the current meta, just a few maps).

Sombra has been in the meta for awhile now and has been used alot with Dive meta in the pro scene...

its more about emp

Well, EMP is an area hack so I'm still right :p

Jeff Kaplan said(on reddit) that him and his team think Dive comp is fine as one of the main comps that exist in the game. However, what if that is all we see during this event? Would it still be fine if this world cup turns into a series of mirror matches?

I remember last EVO when the SFV top bracket was full of Charlie and Chun Li mirror match players and people got bored of it, so some people started cheering on the R. Mika player just because it was something different.

I just hope we get to see that 'something different' this Overwatch tournament or else I might not tune in as much this year, which is unfortunate because I really enjoy watching tourneys of this game, but I am just tired of seeing this comp.

it was mostly mirror matches in regards to healers/tanks at the last overwatch world cup. with mostly DPS variation. Only teams that really did something "unique" from what I remember were USA and S.K.

with that said, theres been a little diversity in today's matches....couple triple dps comps. as oppossed to just normal dive comp.....Denmark went Old school Bastion Rein Comp for a second. lol. (sombra made that irrelevant)

Top Bottom