• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 43, 2014

Striek

Bayonetta out isn't surprising to me. Its a Platinum title, its an action title, its on the Wii U.

Triple Threat Disaster.

stryke

Now we know why TEW splits were so in favor of PS4, X1 owners forgot it came out.

Was there a bundle or something?

Bayonetta out isn't surprising to me. Its a Platinum title, its an action title, its on the Wii U.

Triple Threat Disaster.

I don't think I've seen a game ever go from the top 10 to out f the top 40 within a single week though. That's cray any way you look at it. I mean it's nice that it placed high for at least a week but still.

dolemite

I don't think I've seen a game ever go from the top 10 to out f the top 40 within a single week though. That's cray any way you look at it. I mean it's nice that it placed high for at least a week but still.

Normally Vita titles do that (chart once and done). Now we have a WiiU title on that list.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Both Tales of Xillia did that, being 10th one week and then going out a week later. Or Project X Zone too. At least, Bayonetta 2 did that during a (theorically) much better period, sales wise, end of October / beginning of November. It's also a Nintendo game in UK for Wii U, so it's even worse than elsewhere.

Still, ;___________; Hopefully, it does well enough for Nintendo to support Platinum Games again in the future, just that ;__;

Raist

Banned
But it's above the highest selling individual FIFA, so not quite anywhere below.

Well yeah, obviously it won't be 300 copies :p
Last time we had splits the PS4 version was at ~28% (but that was 4 weeks ago), so if it stayed roughly that way SO could be between 22k and 77k, so that's quite a large range.

Both Tales of Xillia did that, being 10th one week and then going out a week later. Or Project X Zone too. At least, Bayonetta 2 did that during a (theorically) much better period, sales wise, end of October / beginning of November. It's also a Nintendo game in UK for Wii U, so it's even worse than elsewhere.

Still, ;___________; Hopefully, it does well enough for Nintendo to support Platinum Games again in the future, just that ;__;

Even though you named 2 games that did that, it's still quite rare.

I knew there would be a sizeable drop the second week in, but completely out of the top 40?! For someone who's got legs, she sure ain't got legs.

SmokyDave

Blimey, a great week for the XBone judging by the individual charts.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see Freedom Wars chart.

So even in the UK Bayo2 doesn't have legs like in japan.

yikes.
Of course not. I wouldn't be surprised if it dropped out of the top 100, never mind top 40.

I wish we got a top 100.

Percy

Banned
Would have thought Sunset Overdrive would be a sure thing for number one seeing as it launched in a week with no real competition and the audience is bound to be ravenous for something new to play at this point.

Mpl90

Blimey, a great week for the XBone judging by the individual charts.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see Freedom Wars chart.

Of course not. I wouldn't be surprised if it dropped out of the top 100, never mind top 40.

I wish we got a top 100.

It's 36th in the Value Chart, so it should still be in the top 50.
;___;

SmokyDave

Yeah, at #39. It means nothing Dave. The only possible silver lining is that it did okay digitally.
I'm just surprised that it charted at all. I always expect Vita cats to buy digital.

It doesn't need to mean anything. Sony have already essentially dropped support for the device so no decisions hung on how well or poorly it sold.

It's 36th in the Value Chart, so it should still be in the top 50.
;___;
Eh, don't worry about it man. It was always going to sell like explosive tampons.

While I'm hugely grateful to Nintendo for Bayonetta 2 existing at all, it was always going to be a failure as a product. Sega cancelled it for a good reason, and there just aren't enough open minded Wii U owners for it to sell well.

I just really hope it's opening sales were enough to at least break even. Between this, Legend of Korra, and the W101, Platinum have not exactly done a great job of looking like a valuable asset for any publisher to invest in, let alone Nintendo, and I really don't want to see their output hampered by getting relegated to nothing but franchises or tie ins or what have you.

zeromcd73

Yay for Sunset Overdrive. Hope it does really well.

And Bayonetta 2 too. Look at it go
right out of the charts.

Mpl90

It will be even worse in US

Actually, UK is currently the worst territory for Nintendo right now, relatively to the market size. Bayonetta 2 should fare quite better in US, relatively speaking. Which doesn't mean it'll be a resounding success over there, mind you. Just that it should fare better.

Peru

While I'm hugely grateful to Nintendo for Bayonetta 2 existing at all, it was always going to be a failure as a product. Sega cancelled it for a good reason, and there just aren't enough open minded Wii U owners for it to sell well.

I just really hope it's opening sales were enough to at least break even. Between this, Legend of Korra, and the W101, Platinum have not exactly done a great job of looking like a valuable asset for any publisher to invest in, let alone Nintendo, and I really don't want to see their output hampered by getting relegated to nothing but franchises or tie ins or what have you.

It's topping charts in Europe - it's got to be doing better than expected.

Never expected Bayonetta 2 for Wii U in UK to do well, it's like one of the worst combinations ever. I trust the US will not disappoint.

I'm just surprised that it charted at all. I always expect Vita cats to buy digital.
Vita lovers were begging for a retail release. You guys fooled Sony. Not cute.

It's topping charts in Europe - it's got to be doing better than expected.

It all depends on what they expected really. If they were banking on something similar to Bayonetta 1, even just in comparison to a single platform, then probably not.

Crap, forgot about that. Well that's the chances of getting physical versions of any upcoming games down the toilet then.

SmokyDave

You guys? I have no interest in physical Vita titles, unless I'm importing something Japanese.

Sony shouldn't have listened to people asking for a physical release. It was never going to be worth it. I don't understand why they do retail releases for niche localisations either.

So Bayonetta 2 went from, what, #6 in the chart last week to dropping out of the top 40 altogether? Holy shit; talk about top-heavy sales numbers. That's probably dropped from about 8000 copies sold to a few hundred.

I was thinking of buying it the other day, but looking at a digital purchase. Honestly, I just wish there was a demo as I'd like to try it first.

Must be great to be at Insomniac right now. They literally pushed an entire platform with their one game.

MS will probably send them a huge check.

You guys? I have no interest in physical Vita titles, unless I'm importing something Japanese.

Sony shouldn't have listened to people asking for a physical release. It was never going to be worth it. I don't understand why they do retail releases for niche localisations either.

Main reason I want the option to buy cartridges is simply the cost of the Vita memory cards. I've got both a 32gb and a 64gb cards and I'm still running out of space, and is rather avoid spending another 30-60 quid for another if I can help it.

Plus I like having the boxes on my shelf.

SmokyDave

Main reason I want the option to buy cartridges is simply the cost of the Vita memory cards. I've got both a 32gb and a 64gb cards and I'm still running out of space, and is rather avoid spending another 30-60 quid for another if I can help it.

Plus I like having the boxes on my shelf.
I can dig that, but it just isn't viable for many releases and I worry that we'll see fewer titles released as a result.

I only use a single 64GB card, simply deleting and redownloading titles as necessary. I wish they'd make a larger card though.

ethomaz

Banned
PS4 at Week 36 - 1,000,000
One at Week 36 (PS4=1.5 One still at Week 36, according to Gfk) - 666,000

PS4 + One up to Week 43 - 1,800,000

PS4 + One sales from Week 37 to Week 43 - 134,000

Average weekly sales PS4 + One between Week 37 and Week 43 - 19,143
Seems like you guys are assuming the 666k and 1.8 million set in stone.

It can be 1.83m and rounded to 1.8m.
640k for Xbone give you a 1.5x ratio too.

You can have anything from 134k to 200k sold in 7 weeks.

Top Bottom