• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paradox Grand Strategy - Thread of Fighting WW2 as Bithynia

Johan has said that it isn't a cold war game, sorry.

Bah. Would be so cool...

Anyway, that does complicate things. Elections, technology, 7, 3, and not in the cold war or any of the other eras they've covered (unless they're being super coy when they say that it's a new IP)...

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Paradox trademarked "Stellaris" about a month ago, so I'm guessing it's a space GSG, unless "Stellaris" is either Project Tiberius or Project Titus, their other two games in progress, and they're planning on making the trademark for Project Augustus really late.

Fitz

Paradox trademarked "Stellaris" about a month ago, so I'm guessing it's a space GSG, unless "Stellaris" is either Project Tiberius or Project Titus, their other two games in progress, and they're planning on making the trademark for Project Augustus really late.

According to Google Translate, Stellaris is Vietnamese for Stellaris, make of that what you will.

In lieu of Rome 2/Vicky 3, I'll gladly settle for a sci-fi setting.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's not Vicky III, so my militancy just went up by 9 and my consciousness by 5.

See, I kind of wanted to believe it's not something historical, but I sort of dismissed that as an impossibility. Have they ever done a GSG with a fictional setting before?

Juste wanted to pop here and say that I hope too for an Imperial China game. With CK2 RPG/courtier simulator éléments, of course : its utterly criminal that it hasnt been copied on all Paradox strategy games yet.

Real talk: the "cannot marry an infidel" penalty in CK2 is freaking dumb. Make it extremely difficult, sure, but literally impossible? Ugh. Makes playing as anything other than one of the major religions way, WAY more miserable than it has to be.

Uzzy

The latest teaser.

This is a project we've always dreamt about doing, something all of PI have been involved in, not just the PDS developers.

Plenty of the devs over at Paradox have said in the past that their dream game would be set in space.

bjaelke

The latest 'hints':

16zlcja.png

Leader characters play an important role in the game.

Can't make much of it

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So, finally a game about galactic senate and galactic politics. I can't wait to play as the Sultan (freely elected, of course) from Tatooine.

I think they said there's no HoI4 present because they would have to have like a special German censored superedition ready to go for it or something and its just easier not to show anything at gamescom.

lols

oipic

Today's Augustus teaser (and the final one, I guess?):

"I have seen things you people wouldn't believe..."

Yep, a quote from Blade Runner!

Xando

I think they said there's no HoI4 present because they would have to have like a special German censored superedition ready to go for it or something and its just easier not to show anything at gamescom.

lols

They better show something. They showed gameplay last year aswell.

Fitz

XJ5tM01.gif

Will gladly take a Sci-fi grand strategy, perfect opportunity to use a range of mechanics from their other games along with new ideas. History is great, but moving away from it will make things much simpler, no Karling-splosion/Burgundian inheritance etc every game.

Lucumo

Would have loved something in the time frame before Crusader Kings but this seems pretty good. Haven't played any space strategy game for a long time.

Kabouter

I think it's more likely that Crusader Kings will get added and added to until it covers that time period.

Yeah, was just thinking that earlier as well. I guess the gameplay fits...ish. I'd rather see a separate game though, I want a game focused on states (or POPs :p) rather than individuals.

I think it's more likely that Crusader Kings will get added and added to until it covers that time period.
I doubt it. That's beyond the small team they still have working on Ck2 to do and the mechanics don't fit. They can't even represent the medieval Roman Empire well let alone classical Rome.

Walshicus

I doubt it. That's beyond the small team they still have working on Ck2 to do and the mechanics don't fit. They can't even represent the medieval Roman Empire well let alone classical Rome.
Since they added viceroyalties they've got most of the building blocks for the Empire governance system. Tribes are more fleshed out now too. What's needed that they don't have? Senate mechanics I guess.

frontovik

Banned
New game looks interesting, though I would've preferred an EU:Rome II.

Hopefully Paradox will reveal more information about Hearts of Iron IV today.

Lucumo

Those other people are just weird...and it's not that difficult to find like-minded people. Heck, I got into Hearts of Iron 2 thanks to a classmate of mine.

Shokifer

Those other people are just weird...and it's not that difficult to find like-minded people. Heck, I got into Hearts of Iron 2 thanks to a classmate of mine.

Both my friends who tried ck2 when it was free quit after a day because it was too complicated.

Guess they can go back to playing civ V, the plebs

Top Bottom