• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paramount signs deal with Epic to bring their characters to Fortnite, beginning with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

ManaByte

Gold Member
You know it's coming:
sb2-ff-001rv2.jpg

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Is fortnite still huge?
Seems yes

Deerock71

Owned by Disney/Lucasfilm, not Paramount. Paramount only owns the distribution for the first four movies.
I'm a huge Indy fan, but I hope it's the ONLY four movies. I even liked the fourth one. It sounds like the 5th one really messed up Harrison Ford's shoulder.

00_Zer0

Is fortnite still huge?
I think it is. My son plays the game, but his play time comes and goes. When Epic has constant new events and storylines, and changes it's going to attract young people like my son back into the game just out of curiosity. Here's something funny that just happened yesterday.

My son was looking at my phone and saw a notification that TMNT Turles in Time was being shipped. I recently purchased a used copy of the SNES cart on ebay. He asked me what TMNT was and I told him. It's not surprising he has never heard of them, but I guess now he'll know thanks to Fortnite, and maybe he'll want to play some co op Turtles in Time with his dear old dad, 🤣

Quasicat

Is fortnite still huge?
I teach in a middle school and it went from Roblox to Fortnite a couple of years ago and that is still anyone talks about. When the island flipped last month, that was literally all my students talked about. Even the non-gamers like it since it runs on pretty much anything.

A couple of years ago I had some friends living in different states ask me about it. It’s now something we do every week and it works for us because we all play on different devices so the barrier to entry is like non-existent.

ManaByte

Gold Member
A couple of years ago I had some friends living in different states ask me about it. It’s now something we do every week and it works for us because we all play on different devices so the barrier to entry is like non-existent.

It's a testament to the important of crossplay. My newphew has some friends on Xbox, some on PS, but with Fornite it doesn't matter what device you play on.

kingfey

Banned
It's a testament to the important of crossplay. My newphew has some friends on Xbox, some on PS, but with Fornite it doesn't matter what device you play on.
Crossplay prolongs the games life, by adding more users.

Wish Xbox/Playstation allow more crosplay games.

kingfey

Banned
I just don't understand how the building / editing aspect of the game makes it ANYYYYY bit of fun.

Anytime I watch it, I want to physically die.
Its because you dont like fun stuff, and only like boring shit.

You are just the minority, who doesnt like crafting for their games. and complain why crafting exist in rpg games.

Building and editing is the main fun aspect of fortnite. It gives you the emersion, that you are playing to survive. Constantly hunt for items to craft, build. Its why the game have been alive for this long.

Quasicat

Plus, with it being free to play, You don’t need to buy the game or buy an online pass in order to play it.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I just don't understand how the building / editing aspect of the game makes it ANYYYYY bit of fun.

I still play from time to time but I also hate the crazy building.

Early on winning a game when no one really knew how to build was much more enjoyable to me

My first ever win note the lack of building, pay no attention to the low number of kills either, las man standing wins ;)

r9Bm0eT.jpg

kingfey

Banned
I still play from time to time but I also hate the crazy building.

Early on winning a game when no one really knew how to build was much more enjoyable to me

My first ever win note the lack of building, pay no attention to the low number of kills either, las man standing wins ;)

r9Bm0eT.jpg
Early build wasnt fun compared to now.

With safe the world, the building craft, game become more enjoyable.

At first it was lazy cover tuck, and last win luck.

I managed to be top 5, without moving from my place, and only running when the storm is closed by.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Fireflies bro, best anti-builder tool in the game
Only reason I started playing the game again was fireflies. Makes building almost irrelevant. That and the stinger and assault rifles shoot fast enough to penetrate a wall and hit the player while they are building.

Last edited:

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
After the abomination that was the last episode of Dexter, Paramount can eat a hot fresh shit straight from my ass.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

It's a comeback mechanic.

Get hit for half your health, build to block more damage, then figure out what you want to do next (heal, retreat, climb for height etc...) while opponent rushes towards you. It's exhilarating.

No other game on the market comes close to providing fights that are as intense, last as long, and have as much variety as Fortnite.

They've always used the classic look for crossovers for some reason
Because no matter how much big media corps try, their redesigns are never as marketable as the old ones.

Arguably, the only "redesign" that's ever stuck was Sonic the Hedgehog's. For nearly anything else from the 80's or 90's, they go back to the G1 design as often as they can milk it, even while simultaneously bashing and insulting the G1 fans.

Though at least in the example of TMNT, that's an example where they at least didn't have a Twitter legion publicly outting their hot takes. (It's still true to a degree, though; The development of the 2K3 was heavily affected by Peter Laird deciding he hated the '87 cartoon, and the Nicktoons show did it's own insults at it during it's own crossover, even as Viacom sold merch based off the old designs.)

Ryu Kaiba

It's funny how little I care about these crossover's with big icons and celebrities but If they had one with final Fantasy or Nintendo I would try it.

Kagey K

Banned
There's already a Snake Eyes skin that Hasbro actually made a figure for.

Top Bottom