• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Partial look at Dirge of Cerberus FFVII E3 trailer

Tabris

I saw Radiatia Stories in the background but no one said anything about it :(

Anyways, I doubt DC will be any good.

The one people should care about being good/actually being made is CC.

Tabris

To be fair, Vagrant Story is absolutely brillant.

...but that was more like Parasite Eve than what DC is going for.

Tabris

Actually, just to make a bit of a statement, I think Square does a good job on different genre's.

They created my favorite shooter ever, Einhander.

They created my favorite ARPG ever, Vagrant Story.

My second favorite SRPG ever, Final Fantasy Tactics.

...and I really did like the Tobal series.

Anyways, I doubt DC will be any good.

The one people should care about being good/actually being made is CC.

I'm not sure why you'd think this, since DC is being made by members of the original FF7/FFX team while CC is made by a different (new) team. DC is the higher priority project.

FF7 fans are actually pretty excited about DoC. Especially recently as Nomura has been coming out and saying what Bizarro mentioned that this isn't some kind of quick thrown together game, they're putting alot of work into it (inclulding the story which is suppose to be really fleshed out).

BTW, do all G4 segments become that cringe inducing because of the host?

Bebpo

Banned
Vagrant Story isn't an ARPG though ^^;

Still I dunno how people can be excited for this game when it just looks like Gungrave with Vincent as the lead (and talk about a more boring character than Cloud to put in the lead).

Jonnyram

SolidSnakex said:
FF7 fans are actually pretty excited about DoC.
Are you talking about anyone specific here? Assuming duckroll and bebpo are big FF7 fans like I am, you might not be off to a good start here :p

Jonnyram said:
Are you talking about anyone specific here? Assuming duckroll and bebpo are big FF7 fans like I am, you might not be off to a good start here :p

Talking about FF7 fans on other forums not this one specifically.

duckroll

Sorry Jonnyram, I'm no-FF7 fan. In fact, I prefer FF8. But having said that, I'm pretty pumped for Advent Children and somewhat curious about how Crisis Core might turn out. DC though just looks and sounds like a really bad idea.

ourumov

If they planned to do a sidequest...There were plenty of better options...I would have liked to see some Turks sidequests :)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
ourumov said:
If they planned to do a sidequest...There were plenty of better options...I would have liked to see some Turks sidequests :)

They already made one game like that, doubt they'll make another.

Bebpo

Banned
Kiriku said:
I liked Brave Fencer Musashiden a lot.

Even the 2nd one? ;P

Jonnyram said:

Well I'm not really a big FFVII fan and neither is Duckroll IIRC. FFVII was a good rpg, but personally the spin-offs do nothing for me since I didn't find the cast particularly interesting and the story of the world was already told in that game so it doesn't really feel like it needs a 'fleshing out'.

But then again, I objected to FFX-2 for the same reason of the story being done and no point in telling more, but that actually turned out to be a great game so maybe the FFVII ones will be fine. Though this generation it's really hard trusting Square to make a good non-traditional rpg.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Bebpo said:
Even the 2nd one? ;P

No. :p
Just wanted to say...they CAN make good action RPGs occasionally. Granted, they haven't been making them well during the past years. :/

Amir0x

Banned
Bebpo said:
But then again, I objected to FFX-2 for the same reason of the story being done and no point in telling more, but that actually turned out to be a great game

I loved you, Bebpo... I really did...

...but this! *shakes head sorrowfully*

Gattsu25

Banned
Amir0x said:
I loved you, Bebpo... I really did...

...but this! *shakes head sorrowfully*
Imagine that after getting really drunk the night before, you wake up and find an ugly as hell chick in bed with you...only when you turn the lights on do you see that you were wrong and she is the most beautiful and perfectly sculpted woman you've ever seen...

what Bebpo just said was sorta like that...only the opposite

Tabris

Well I'm a huge FFVII fan and I'm not excited about DC at all.

AC and CC, definitely. (I may hate them for ruining FFVII though)

I am not an FFVII fan and the spinoffs bore the hell out of me. Like Bebpo said, there's practically no story left to be told.

Also, FFX-2 rules!

Top Bottom