• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC people: show me your cable management

SJRB

Gold Member
I've recently moved and had to get my home office / battle station up and running quickly so had zero regards for proper cable management.

But now the dust has settled it's time to get things proper and I need inspiration.

gimme-all-you-got-al-pacino.gif

Do you mean cables inside your PC or cables around your house/desk? or both?

The cables coming out my desk/speakers/monitor etc are a mess. Well it's not bad but I don't bother trying to tidy it up.

This is what the inside of my PC case looks like (forgive me for the lense flare!):

XoJMxGi.png

Got the two CPU cables coming out up the top left, which you can't see, with a fan cable (the rear fan). There are two fans on my cooler andd they are plugged in, along with the rear fan cable, at the top right of the board just above the bright light and red AA.

ATX cable is coming out with the front panel USB header and another fan cable. This cable powers the top two front fans. Each fan cable is on an adapter to a single header.

Bottom left is the front panel audio cable which is coming out a small gap in the case from behind. The rest is obviously my PSU cables, another fan cable (the bottom front fan), and the cables for the case power switch, reset, leds.

This PSU has really awkward cables to work with. It was a pain in the ass getting them into place. I feel like I've done the best I can. The USB header and front fan cable is slightly blocking the exhaust fan on my GPU but i don't think it'll affect airflow too much.

I ditched all HDDs so no SATA cables running through it anymore! All my drives are NVMe. I have a 500GB boot drive, 2TB game drive, and 2TB storage drive.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
It's simple, just hide everything on the back (and no I won't open the back of my case to take a picture because I'm lazy)
Mine is not perfect ut it is doing the job, and btw cable tie are your friends.

1682261397662.jpg

And yeah, the dust is something REALLY annoying.

SJRB

Gold Member
My brothers in Christ, why would I disassemble my PC down to its core components when moving?

I meant exterior cables, my brethren. You know: pc, multiple monitors, speakers, lights, Playstation, ethernet cables, router, WFH setup. The amount of cables I have underneath my desk is preposterous.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Phanteks p600s case. Been thinking about changing it but really there is nothing better on the market. It's just a bit huge.
Not cleaned the pc for over a year so excuse the dust
46kDIYl.jpg

XZnXzTl.jpg

Only cable visible is keyboard and mouse dock.
I am considering getting viper v2 pro just for it to be white and get rid of the shitty dock. I could charge it with keyboard cable.

Whats that be quiet thing?
Be quiet dark rock pro 4 dual fan cpu cooler.

I was thinking about replacing it with a Noctua NHD15 but I don't think it would fit in my case as I'd have to raise the front fan due to my Gskill ram. The be quiet has a 135mm front fan (and 140mm secondary fan) whereas the Noctua has 2x 140mm fans. The Noctua only has about 36mm clearance for RAM so I'd have to raise the front fan by about 8-10mm. The Bequiet fits ontop of my ram perfectly.

Phanteks p600s case. Been thinking about changing it but really there is nothing better on the market. It's just a bit huge.
Not cleaned the pc for over a year so excuse the dust
46kDIYl.jpg

XZnXzTl.jpg

Only cable visible is keyboard and mouse dock.
I am considering getting viper v2 pro just for it to be white and get rid of the shitty dock. I could charge it with keyboard cable.
I thought my PC was dusty :messenger_tears_of_joy: just kidding it ain't bad. I bought one of these to clean out my pc

81uOlwDm8ZL._AC_SY450_.jpg

I highly recommend it. I don't think it's that exact model as it seems there are different ones but it's the same thing really. It'll blast all the dust to hell and the little adapters are great. The brushes let you get into awkward spaces and they are anti static so you can brush the dust off your motherboard. They are good for getting in between the fins of your cpu cooler heat sink.

Patrick S.

Banned
Be quiet dark rock pro 4 dual fan cpu cooler.

I was thinking about replacing it with a Noctua NHD15 but I don't think it would fit in my case as I'd have to raise the front fan due to my Gskill ram. The be quiet has a 135mm front fan (and 140mm secondary fan) whereas the Noctua has 2x 140mm fans. The Noctua only has about 36mm clearance for RAM so I'd have to raise the front fan by about 8-10mm. The Bequiet fits ontop of my ram perfectly.

I have a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X case, and I have a Noctua NH-D15S cooler. Fits perfectly.

Jz1I5hT.jpg

KMnflIx.jpg

9uCRbxW.jpg

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I thought my PC was dusty :messenger_tears_of_joy: just kidding it ain't bad. I bought one of these to clean out my pc

81uOlwDm8ZL._AC_SY450_.jpg

I highly recommend it. I don't think it's that exact model as it seems there are different ones but it's the same thing really. It'll blast all the dust to hell and the little adapters are great. The brushes let you get into awkward spaces and they are anti static so you can brush the dust off your motherboard. They are good for getting in between the fins of your cpu cooler heat sink.
Well I just bought one, thanks for the recommendation!

Kadve

Mine looks really crappy unfortunately (cheap case).

ETI8Hhi.jpg

(ignore my keyboard cable that wanted to be part of the shot). The 12V cable is to short to go behind the GPU, my USB controller card requires a Molex connection (and you cant just have one connector. You need to attach 4 minimum to the PSU. Could probably have routed them in the back of the case but was running out of space) and there is no real place to hide the Soundcard and front panel/card reader cables.

Oh and there is something wrong with my lower SATA ports. So have to use the upper ones even if the wires are too long.

Last edited:
Top Bottom