• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peaky Blinders |OT| Learn to hate the accent - Tuesdays on BBC Two @ 9:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray Matter

Finished season 3, my thoughts. Spoilers of course.

i just want to say off the bat that I hated Linda (Arthur's wife) I know she was trying to take Arthur away from that life, but she came off so manipulative and condescending, and speaking of Arthur, I LOVED his character this season, you can see it in him that he wants to change, but there's the angel in one shoulder devil in another with Linda and tommy respectively, he wants to change but he also cannot get away from the life he's known for so long, my favorite scence was ep 4(?) when he's having sex with the maid/prostitute, looks at his wedding ring, takes it off and continuous, but you know he was extremely conflicted doing that. I felt like the rest of the cast didn't have much progression except for tommy, but the season as whole was stupendous, the ending however cough me way off guard, so fucking good. Cannot wait to see what's next.

While I was initially lukewarm due to changed circumstances, season three did an absolutely fantastic job of carrying characters to their logical conclusions. I really love and respect shows that experiment rather than stagnate.

I don't like a decent amount of it but it was a great freaking watch. Kind of hard to top such a phenomenal one-two of the first twelve episodes though.

The Shelby brothers remain fucking must-sees. I also want to high five the music editor's choice of only using Amnesiac songs, my kind of person!

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Loved the season and loved the soundtrack. Really glad
Tom Hardy
came back. Favorite character outside of the family.

Really wanna go back and watch the series through again. Hope Season 4 comes soon!

torontoml

Tom Hardy

Really wanna go back and watch the series through again. Hope Season 4 comes soon!

Considering season 3 just ended in the UK tonight, its going to be awhile.

Oh, season 3 finished? Need to get on it.

Was it as good as the first 2? Loved them but said i'd wait for S3 to finish so i could watch it all.

torontoml

Yeah, its a fairly consistent quality show. Considering its low profile here on GAF, I was pleasantly surprised when a co-worker mentioned it the other day.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Tom Hardy

The scene with
Tom Hardy
and Tommy screaming at each other, I think episode 5 of season 3 is amazing.

The scene with
Tom Hardy
and Tommy screaming at each other, I think episode 5 of season 3 is amazing.

That was in the finale. And my god was it a great scene. Every time
Hardy
is in the picture he's THE scene stealer. I mean don't get me wrong, I love me some Cillian Murphy, but still.

Kup

I started watching Season 1 last night - three episodes in. It's very good and I'm already keen to see where things go and how characters develop. I'm angry at myself for leaving it this long!

My cat enjoys it too:

WtaV7Uh.jpg

Oh yeah i caught up with this. Another great season.

"Arfur!

Arfur?

Arfur sholom!

Arfur sholooooom"

Lol that killed me. Tom Hardy smashed his scenes to bits in this, that scene in particular was as good as anything i've seen on telly in years. Can't wait for next season.

Theorry

Question about season 2 episode 5

Grace visits Thomas. But from NY, Doesnt take that quite some time to get there, Feels like she is there within two days and its not that she can take a plane or something.

UrbanRats

Binged all three seasons in the last few weeks.
Didn't love it at first, but by the end of season 3 it won me over.

It's more worried about looking cool than having depth, and I don't think I can stand many more slow motion walks with rock music, but season 3 felt like a general step up for the show.
Looking forward to s4.

Gray Matter

Binged all three seasons in the last few weeks.
Didn't love it at first, but by the end of season 3 it won me over.

It's more worried about looking cool than having depth, and I don't think I can stand many more slow motion walks with rock music, but season 3 felt like a general step up for the show.
Looking forward to s4.

I think the show handles this well. It’s has depth while still looking badass.

Hrm. Seasons 1 and 2 were near perfect but 3 had a lot of misses in our household. Maybe it will become retroactively better with a super dark third 4th season based on how we left things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom