• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

MC Safety

For those who have attended PAX, do they ask for any kind of ID?

I think they just check for badges. That's how they do it at every other convention.

No one's stopping to check names, certainly. Although I suppose it's possible security officers would be given a photo of someone who was barred from entrance.

I think they just check for badges. That's how they do it at every other convention.

No one's stopping to check names, certainly. Although I suppose it's possible security officers would be given a photo of someone who was barred from entrance.

They could always offer a prize for the first person to identify him to security. :)

For those who have attended PAX, do they ask for any kind of ID?
PAX's staff is mainly composed of volunteers. Enforcers. Fans of penny arcade and their forums that become assistants and helpers inside. After you use your PAX badge to get through the main entrances guarded by the conventions security, everyone else is enforcers.

And since enforcers are like you and me, I'm sure they'll be informed of and look out for that guy.

I look forward to tales of him getting the shit beaten out of him.

He's fuckin' delusional.

Nah, physically beating him would be wrong. That's the mind set of bullies, something that jackass would do (He actually thinks Mike is trying to have him beat up). Just removing him from the premise without giving him attention BUT while doing a sort of ''Where's Waldo?'' game would be awesome. :p

Nah, physically beating him would be wrong. That's the mind set of bullies, something that jackass would do (He actually thinks Mike is trying to have him beat up). Just removing him from the premise without giving him attention BUT while doing a sort of ''Where's Waldo?'' game would be awesome. :p

Only reason I mention it is because he sounds like...

Well, like the same analogy he put. He'd start a fight with an MMArtist, get his ass kicked, and then claim it was unfair.

It wouldn't surprise me if he actually started an altercation.

I'd be interested in how much money this guy can make off his fame. If he was to make some youtube videos or something he'd probably be rolling on money, people just keep following him and viewing his posts.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I'd be interested in how much money this guy can make off his fame. If he was to make some youtube videos or something he'd probably be rolling on money, people just keep following him and viewing his posts.

Car crash effect. Sometimes people can't help but to slow down and take a look at the ugly.

ElRenoRaven

Wow. Assuming it's real then he really is a douchebag. I can't help but feel it's a fake though. Maybe this fake actually fooled Gabe too.

@NoahinVirginia e3 is cool , CES is the best , PAX is all consumers not really for business more just a show for kids , consumers , freaks

GhaleonEB

Only reason I mention it is because he sounds like...

Well, like the same analogy he put. He'd start a fight with an MMArtist, get his ass kicked, and then claim it was unfair.

It wouldn't surprise me if he actually started an altercation.

He strikes me as someone who talks big online, and not in person. I'm expecting him to sneak into the show, slink about, then get out and talk shit for ages on Twitter about how he pwned those PA assholes.

thcsquad

If only this guy were an indie dev he'd have a defense force.

Did you read this thread when this story was actually fresh? He did.

I'm hoping this most recent news would have squashed that, but I was flabbergasted at the defense force before so anything is possible.

Jintor

oh, so that's what this comic on friday was about

i-LNF5RtB-XL.jpg

It's hilarious because that joke is actually pulled from a podcast they did years ago where they randomly got into the conversation of what they would do if Gabe died.

Tycho said he'd essentially hire out a factory of artists to flog the horse until it died

lednerg

If that Twitter account is really him, then he's going full-bore Charlie Sheen right now - only without the bevy of hookers and sycophants at his beck and call. Instead, it's just a bunch of people who think he's a douche (justifiably) and are more than eager to egg him on. It's sad and pathetic, but you reap what you sow...

ElRenoRaven

If that Twitter account is really him, then he's going full-bore Charlie Sheen right now - only without the bevy of hookers and sycophants at his beck and call. Instead, it's just a bunch of people who think he's a douche (justifiably) and are more than eager to egg him on. It's sad and pathetic, but you reap what you sow...

Yup. Dude just told some kid to go get his dad's 12 gauge and blow his head off. Dude is so roid raging right now. It's really very sad. The guy really needs help without a doubt. If anything I'm actually starting to feel sorry for him because it's clear he has some issues.

FStop7

Banned
Did you read this thread when this story was actually fresh? He did.

I'm hoping this most recent news would have squashed that, but I was flabbergasted at the defense force before so anything is possible.

You mean a bigger defense force.
I take it you weren't here at the beginning :p

I actually was here and I recall it having to do with dogpiling on the guy and creepy Internet detective stuff going overboard. Because at the time it seemed like he was reeling and somewhat contrite. But since then he's kept going, and going, and honestly now he deserves everything he gets.

scy

Well, I mean, the original Defense Force had a point: Threatening people, especially their family, is just going too far and...

qnagq.png

frequency

He sounds like a high school bully.
I get really uncomfortable and angry reading those tweets. I don't know how you can say those things and not immediately regret it.

20 nerds vs one roid-raging maniac.

The game tie-in writes itself!

I'd buy a dead rising style game where he enters the convention and the zombies are replaced with attendees.

Capcpom would be rolling in the cash, i'd call it,

PAX Rissing: The Return of Ocean Marketting

The fact that anyone could ever hire this guy for a job that could even be indirectly involved with any sort of public relations is a mystery that can never be explained.

No one told him his 15 minutes were over?

You'd think he'd want them over as fast as possible.

But maybe this entire scandal, which is entirely his fault, has ruined his life. Sucks to be an asshole, doesn't it Paul? Perhaps a new career as a non-asshole would be a prudent choice.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So after that guy had like 20 different real accounts, and was impersonated by like 100 different people on Twitter, what makes everyone think this is the real deal?

squidyj

I think that twitter account is fake. I mean, he spelled his name correctly. I just don't think that's the sort of thing Paul Christoforo would do.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
lol oh god

I just checked, the Twitter link on their homepage still links to @oceanmarketting, the account that has been picked up by a person making fun of the actual company, whose real twitter name is @craigums. This is amazing.

So after that guy had like 20 different real accounts, and was impersonated by like 100 different people on Twitter, what makes everyone think this is the real deal?

because :
1) this arrived after the public interest had already moved over.
2) Penny arcade replied to this
3) this is so absurd that it is like as it had the signature of the guy on it.

The fact that anyone could ever hire this guy for a job that could even be indirectly involved with any sort of public relations is a mystery that can never be explained.

indeed. But on the other hand it could almost be encouraging ... it demonstrates that sometimes even impossible things can happen ...

now I'll apply to become an astronaut ;P

squidyj

because :

indeed. But on the other hand it could almost be encouraging ... it demonstrates that sometimes even impossible things can happen ...

now I'll apply to become an astronaut ;P

So... you want to crash and burn in space? think this through.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
because :

So there's no proof at all, huh? Oh well, let's see how it turns out in the end.

kyoya

Seriously, this guy is really pushing it with what he's saying.

The police or feds should be involved in this now. Is anyone at Reedpop (PAX East organizers) aware of this? This guy's mental state is seriously in question, I really don't want this guy coming into the BCEC and hurting someone else or pulling something that's going to ruin or somehow disrupt the weekend for everyone.

Top Bottom