• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 4 |OT| Gods Will Be Watching – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Basically anywhere between January-May.

I'd bet either on February or March, personally.
tumblr_ng213gRBge1t8jdxmo1_500.gif

Chariot

Like, they could have gotten rid of her character without killing her off.
They honoured her death well and they will never forget the impact Carter had on everyone. The Outliers episode was perfect and she won't be forgotten along the way.

Sober

Like, they could have gotten rid of her character without killing her off.
If you haven't watched the episode following it, you really should. They killed her off but the show doesn't go "aw shucks, what a shame" and then forgets about her after that.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Personally, I'm over the whole "killing off characters" approach, but goddamn, was the aftermath epic.

That's the thing, when you are in as an extreme fight as these characters are, you have to expect them to have some loses. Here, you have a handful of people against a gigantic amount of corrupt cops. That's a tall order. That's why I feel the death was at least "earned" and so was the aftermath.

It's why I'm doubtful many of them survive the ending. The best case ending I'm hoping for, is just for Harold and Grace to end up back together. I figure the Machines will wipe each other out; Shaw, Root and Reese to fall along the way, and Fusco's up in the air.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The only character that needs to survive forever is Bear

Veelk

Banned
The only thing I didn't love about
Carter's gloriously written departure is the romantic scene with her and Reese. I just saw them as cop buddies the whole time. Some scenes could have been interpreted as romantic, but generally they seemed platonic. And I liked that better, since it's so rare that two opposite gendered action heroes can be heterosexual and still uninterested with each other. I read somewhere that Reese just did it as a spur of the moment and it wasn't in the script. While that kind of innovation can sometimes really work, I don't think it did in this case and felt they should have cut it out.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Carter's gloriously written departure is the romantic scene with her and Reese. I just saw them as cop buddies the whole time. Some scenes could have been interpreted as romantic, but generally they seemed platonic. And I liked that better, since it's so rare that two opposite gendered action heroes can be heterosexual and still uninterested with each other. I read somewhere that Reese just did it as a spur of the moment and it wasn't in the script. While that kind of innovation can sometimes really work, I don't think it did in this case and felt they should have cut it out.

Absolutely, the last minute romance stuff totally came out of nowhere and felt forced to me.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah I agree. That shit came out of no where and I wasn't a fan.

Chariot

Yeah, that really only works in retrospect, if that was always the plan, they didn't build that up good.

Frog-fu

Banned

100% agree.
I hated that aspect about her death. Reese and Carter were great friends and they really didn't need that romantic aspect thrust in there.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

There were tiny little things, but mostly in the "reaffirming a platonic relationship" sense. See: "LadyKillers"

Think the kiss scene was nicely bookended with the Season 4 episode with Carter, with Reese coming to terms with those feelings (and regrets).

Absolutely, the last minute romance stuff totally came out of nowhere and felt forced to me.
Yeah I agree. That shit came out of no where and I wasn't a fan.
Yeah, that really only works in retrospect, if that was always the plan, they didn't build that up good.
The actors improvised it. They tried editing a version of the scene without it but it didn't look right.

Chris1

the crossing
The absolute worst part of that episode was that before it aired it was leaked that Fusco was gonig to die, I think the writers started it not sure, so during that scene I was legit so mad because I believed it was going to happen, plus that fusco wasn't in the show as much as he used to be. Root(Shaw?) saving his kid was like a huge moment of relief. I really thought they were going to go there when watching it. Fucking Fusco.

Chariot

The actors improvised it. They tried editing a version of the scene without it but it didn't look right.
Interesting!

the crossing
The absolute worst part of that episode was that before it aired it was leaked that Fusco was gonig to die, I think the writers started it not sure, so during that scene I was legit so mad because I believed it was going to happen, plus that fusco wasn't in the show as much as he used to be. Root(Shaw?) saving his kid was like a huge moment of relief. I really thought they were going to go there when watching it. Fucking Fusco.
That happened because the previews concentrated on him and basically pushed in our faces that someone will die. But for the exact reason I didn't believe that he would die
. See here.

Anoregon

Well I mean secret as in the show isn't as popular as a lot of others so folks aren't familiar with/aware of the characters.

Anoregon

So i just finished S3 and realized that S4 isn't on netflix because of some bullshit delay

BOOOOO URNSSSSSSS

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Wait seriously? 2016??

Well that's what I read from a few articles like this one:

"Person of Interest" already started production this month and it is scheduled to air by mid-2016.

Then again, it could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong!

CQE-EctW8AAwkWS.jpg

Shit guys, you'll never believe who's number came up this time.

Knowing how religious he is, I'm not surprised. But crap, that serious face looks as if he was playing Reese right there.

EDIT: Also, what Veelk said:
The kiss was very forced. The one flaw in an otherwise excellent episode. I'm glad that is touched upon on later episodes though.

PsychBat!

Banned
Knowing how religious he is, I'm not surprised. But crap, that serious face looks as if he was playing Reese right there.

EDIT: Also, what Veelk said:
The kiss was very forced. The one flaw in an otherwise excellent episode. I'm glad that is touched upon on later episodes though.

He's conservative, so I imagine he isn't much of a fan of what the Pope has said these past few months. I could be wrong, knowing how religious he is.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no, I think that's just the face Jim does all the time. That, plus what could be a photo taken at a bad moment. We all have those bad pictures heh.

I really hope he's not that conservative to dislike what Francis said.

Goodstyle

I think so. The way she has interacted with him at several points in the show gives me that impression but who knows. She is an enigma.

Wait, do you mean romantically? Because there is absolutely zero reason to ever think Shaw has any kind of romantic interest in Fusco.

Chariot

Root and Finch are like like siblings. At first I thought she liked him, but that's just hiw Root act on default. She really cares for "Harry" and would kill for him, but more like a big sister in my eyes.

ZenaxPure

Root and Finch are like like siblings. At first I thought she liked him, but that's just hiw Root act on default. She really cares for "Harry" and would kill for him, but more like a big sister in my eyes.

I've always seen Root as a creepy fangirl stalker that won't leave Finch alone.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Okay, Person of Interest, you have one fucking episode to get me back on board. Let's see what you got.

. . .

*sigh* okay fine, I guess I'm back in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom