• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest |S2 OT| Not For The Weak-Kneed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
We need a Bear spin-off.

Biting knee caps and catching bad dudes.

I can imagine Bear getting the numbers now...

kr9lz8c.jpg

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Still amazes me how there has been only 2 seasons of this show and the amount of plot that has been covered in such a short time. Bear, Leon, Shaw, Quinn, Hersh, Decima introduced to us this season. Beecher, Kara, Donnelly, Cole, Snow, Szymanski, Special Counsel, Root(?) all losers and all basically law enforcement.

Finally have closure to how Nathan and Grace came to know Finch and end up where they are.

Cannot wait for season 3! And the season 2 soundtrack!

Enco

Stopped watching the show a while back but I've started again and I forgot how good it is.

Looking forward to see where things go.

Still amazes me how there has been only 2 seasons of this show and the amount of plot that has been covered in such a short time. Bear, Leon, Shaw, Quinn, Hersh, Decima introduced to us this season. Beecher, Kara, Donnelly, Cole, Snow, Szymanski, Special Counsel, Root(?) all losers and all basically law enforcement.

Finally have closure to how Nathan and Grace came to know Finch and end up where they are.

Cannot wait for season 3! And the season 2 soundtrack!

That in addition to the breaks feels like we have been through 3 or 4 seasons already.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Really liked that we finally got the background behind the limp and Nathan dying. The way the machine was guiding Reese was fucking awesome. I lost it at that wedding scene lol

The lack of Fusco was really odd, as was Carter's small subplot. Wonder where they're planning on going from there. Clearly meant as a setup for next season, but still felt like they didn't do enough there, and it was sort of shoehorned in. They did do a good job in general of setting up plot threads for next season though. Can't wait to see how much better the show's going to get.

Apoc29

Root is a dangerous criminal mastermind. Why is she roaming free in some minimum security hospital?

I would like to see the machine doing more non-threat related stuff in Season 3 like finding prescription glasses or setting people up on dates and shit.

Ducarmel

Root is a dangerous criminal mastermind. Why is she roaming free in some minimum security hospital?

They have no proof to lock Root up in some maximum security prison. Finch and Reese are not going to come out and testify her crimes, and the govt probably can't confirm or deny any crimes she might have done since a majority of the crimes were against a govt body and officials that do not exist.

Apoc29

They have no proof to lock Root up in some maximum security prison. Finch and Reese are not going to come out and testify her crimes, and the govt probably can't confirm or deny any crimes she might have done since a majority of the crimes were against a govt body and officials that do not exist.

Finch and Reese know what she's capable of, but I suppose they don't have the option of babysitting her. Oh well, I'm glad they didn't kill her. Can't get enough of Amy Acker :)

Nobility

Banned
oh shit, 24 is back. POI and 24, Basic TV Action Heaven!

This is...wonderful.

It looks like they are planning to release new episodes of 24 for May 2014. Meaning when S3 of POI ends, 24 will begin.

Either way, there will be non-stop action on my television throughout the year...this pleases me.

Wiktor

Hey POI-GAF.

Here's a trailer for JJ Abram's new show, Almost Human: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WCdHiZsSPjg

Lol, I can almost imagine this taking place in the PoI universe fifty years down the line. Sci-fi Lethal Weapon up in this bitch, motherfuckers!

I hope this show turns out to be as awesome as Person of Interest.

Abrams is just sticking his name on those projects. It's who real creators are that counts. In case of PoI it was Nolan.

Almost Human is done by Fringer co-showrunner, so it might be good. But I wouldn't expect a masterpiece like PoI.

Still, that trailer was awesome, especially the road part. Lol Urban :D

Linius

Yeah, I hate the fact almost every sci-fi network show these days have Abram's name all over it while in fact he got little to do with it. It even made me waste my time on Alcatraz for a while, I'm not falling for that again :p

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
The season ending reminded me of Psychonaut's Dogen.
"I could never....CALL EVERYONE"

Awesome series. More Shahi and Bear in Season 3 please!
Too bad Root's getting a major role...

Ducarmel

Hey POI-GAF.

Here's a trailer for JJ Abram's new show, Almost Human: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WCdHiZsSPjg

Lol, I can almost imagine this taking place in the PoI universe fifty years down the line. Sci-fi Lethal Weapon up in this bitch, motherfuckers!

I hope this show turns out to be as awesome as Person of Interest.

Pretty cool hopefully this is Michael Ealy big break all the other tv shows he starred as a main cast member gets canceled.

Abrams is just sticking his name on those projects. It's who real creators are that counts. In case of PoI it was Nolan.

Almost Human is done by Fringer co-showrunner, so it might be good. But I wouldn't expect a masterpiece like PoI.

Still, that trailer was awesome, especially the road part. Lol Urban :D

Yeah, I know. But I felt that Almost Human had a similar vibe to POI in some ways that it might be worth a watch for us POI-lovers.

You know what I liked?

I liked Root getting pissed that the spooks were about to hurt Finch, she was like "DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY MAN, MOTHAFUCKA", but less unhinged than that.

I'm in love. Halfway through the first season already. I'm glad GAF's enthusiasm about this show exists or else I would've never given a damn. To me, it looked like another "Lost" bound to happen, and it didn't.

So good!!

Lonestar

I'm in love. Halfway through the first season already. I'm glad GAF's enthusiasm about this show exists or else I would've never given a damn. To me, it looked like another "Lost" bound to happen, and it didn't.

So good!!

As Penance for missing out on the party for so long, go bump that Season 1 topic, and call out all the "pfft, it's a procedural" bums!

So why has there not been a new PoI podcast?

Think I saw a tweet or something saying it'd come "next weeK' and that was on Friday. So, any day now.

Lonestar

So...Good or Bad?

Bad, only because it comes on late. I enjoyed getting home about 6-6:30, and only having an hour or so before it comes on at 8 pm CST. This just adds another hour. I don't watch the NCIS shows (I've watched some, just seems like the normal CBS tripe, unlike POI).

But Good, on that it comes on earlier in the week. Only show that might interfere is Justified.

Though, isn't that Avenger show on Tuesday's as well? Is that a 8 or 9 pm EST show?

That "Intelligence" midseason show=the return of Sawyer. Besides that M:I movie, haven't seen him in anything since Lost.

INTELLIGENCE is a dramatic thriller starring Josh Holloway as a high-tech intelligence operative enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. With this implant, Gabriel (Holloway) is the first human ever to be connected directly into the worldwide information grid and have complete access to Internet, WiFi, telephone and satellite data. He can hack into any data center and access key intel in the fight to protect the United States from its enemies. Leading the elite government cyber-security agency created to support him is Director Lillian Strand (Marg Helgenberger), a straightforward and efficient boss who oversees the unit’s missions. Strand assigns Riley Neal (Meghan Ory), a Secret Service agent, to protect Gabriel from outside threats, as well as from his appetite for reckless, unpredictable behavior and disregard for protocol. Other skilled members of the Cybercom team include Chris Jameson (Michael Rady) and Gonzalo “Gonzo” Rodriguez (James Martinez), two resourceful federal investigators. The brains behind the design of the chip is Dr. Shenendoah Cassidy (John Billingsley), whose son, Nelson (PJ Byrne), is jealous of Gabriel’s prominent place in his father’s life. As the first supercomputer with a beating heart, Gabriel is the most valuable piece of technology the country has ever created and is the U.S.’s secret weapon. Michael Seitzman, René Echevarria, Tripp Vinson, and David Semel (for pilot) are executive producers for ABC Television Studios in association with CBS Television Studios.

Well, basically reads like: Sawyer has The Machine implanted in his head, and does God Mode stuff. Or, a show even closer to Watch_Dogs than POI is.

So...Good or Bad?

Bad, only because it comes on late. I enjoyed getting home about 6-6:30, and only having an hour or so before it comes on at 8 pm CST. This just adds another hour. I don't watch the NCIS shows (I've watched some, just seems like the normal CBS tripe, unlike POI).

But Good, on that it comes on earlier in the week. Only show that might interfere is Justified.

Though, isn't that Avenger show on Tuesday's as well? Is that a 8 or 9 pm EST show?

That "Intelligence" midseason show=the return of Sawyer. Besides that M:I movie, haven't seen him in anything since Lost.

Well, basically reads like: Sawyer has The Machine implanted in his head, and does God Mode stuff. Or, a show even closer to Watch_Dogs than POI is.

Well, apparently NCIS and NCIS LA have God-tier ratings, so this may be a good thing. CBS might destroy Tuesday nights for everybody.

SHIELD is on Tuesdays at 8, I believe.

Intelligence might be interesting. Lol, another potential cross-over for CBS?

Lonestar

Intelligence also sounds like Chuck turned into an hour long drama. As it reads that he might not be the super agent, as he's got a protector. Think she was on OUAT (red riding hood)

Lonestar

I'll have to think back, but was March Madness as heavy on Tuesdays as it was on Thursdays? Could mean less of a March/April fuckup. But Tuesday's usually end up being State of the Union nights (right?) So, there will be a break, possibly.

ATTN: SARAH SHAHI IS BEING MADE A SERIES REGULAR IN SEASON 3

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...-of-interest-as-a-series-regular-for-season-3

CBS are making a couple of notable moves with Person of Interest this fall. After airing for two years on Thursdays at 9pm, the show is moving to Tuesdays, airing at 10pm after two other CBS hits, NCIS and NCIS: LA. And onscreen, you’ll be seeing a lot more of Samantha Shaw.

Yes, Sarah Shahi will be joining Person of Interest as a series regular for Season 3. Shahi was introduced in a recurring capacity in Season 2 as Shaw, a very formidable marine turned badass, terrorist-hunting operative.

Created by Jonathan Nolan and executive produced by J.J. Abrams, Person of Interest has become a big success for CBS, growing its audience over the course of two seasons.

Good on Sarah, glad to see her catching on.

Maybe this means less fieldwork by Finch being needed.

So now I wonder if we'll be getting "A" stories with Reese/Shaw in the field, "B" stories with Carter/Fusco, and Finch running HQ with them occasionally swapping partners and occasionally Finch heading out. Plus Leon/Zoe occasionally dropping by. And Bear.

BUT I FUCKING TOLD YOU SHAW WOULD STICK AROUND, DUCARMEL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom