• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest |S2 OT| Not For The Weak-Kneed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Airing Thursdays @ 9:00 on CBS

bannercopy0ra7n.jpg

watchedcopyiwbve.jpg

Harold Finch said:
The government has a secret system: a machine that spies on you every hour of every day. I know because I built it. I designed the machine to detect acts of terror, but it sees everything. Violent crimes involving ordinary people, people like you. Crimes the government considered irrelevant. They wouldn't act, so I decided I would. But I needed a partner, someone with the skills to intervene. Hunted by the authorities, we work in secret. You'll never find us, but victim or perpetrator, if your number's up...we'll find you.

igEjA26Vjq0vH.gif

characterscopyk4agw.jpg

rsz_person-of-interes0xa75.jpg

John Reese (Jim Caviezal) - A burned out former soldier and CIA operative given a second chance to help people by Harold Finch.

rsz_person-of-interes74xkj.jpg

Harold Finch (Michael Emmerson) - A mysterious billionaire, Finch created "The Machine", a massive surveillance system capable of predicting crime. Crippled by an unknown past injury and thought dead to the world, Finch searched for someone to help him save people determined as "irrelevant" by the Machine, settling on John Reese.

episode-1-09-get-cart2ljae.jpg

Joss Carter (Taraji Henson) - A homicide detective with a past in the Army, Carter is obsessed with searching for The Man in the Suit. Eventually discovering the truth about Reese and Finch's intentions, she joins them in their vigilante endeavors.

rsz_tumblr_m7hrgyus6yjku8l.jpg

Lionel Fusco (Kevin Chapman) - A formerly corrupt NYPD detective, Lionel Fusco was gang-pressed (blackmailed) into service by Reese. While initially resistant to his new assignment, Fusco found it as a chance to once again become a good cop.

iu87NDOnDA50T.gif

episodeguidecopygcle7.jpg

09/27 - The Contingency
10/04 - Bad Code
10/18 - Masquerade
10/25 - Triggerman
11/01 - Bury the Lede
11/08 - High Road
11/15 - Critical
11/29 - Til Death
12/06 - C.O.D.
12/13 - Shadow Box
01/03 - 2-Pi-R
01/10 - Prisoner's Dilemma
01/31 - Dead Reckoning
02/07 - One Percent
02/14 - Booked Solid
02/21 - Relevance
03/07 - Proteus
03/14 -
All In
04/04 -
Trojan Horse
04/11 -
In Extremis
04/11 -
Zero Day

igTLOeCim8M2a.gif

therest8pxpq.jpg

Rules! Any episode from Season 1 does not need to be spoiler tagged. If an episode has aired on the East Coast, it does not need to be spoiler-tagged (Us West Coast people should know better). Rumors (Casting/Storyline) should be tagged, just to be on the safe side. Speculation based on episodes already having aired does not need to be tagged. We good? Also, Fusco deserved a banner after getting shot in the ass.

i8ecZhOAMiFhg.gif

THANKS TO GILA FOR THE GIFS! How else could we show how badass Reese is?

Cipherr

So did this show pick up and get really good? I caught a bit of the very first episode, but I didnt stick with it.

Piecake

This was definitely one of my most pleasant surprises of last season (dont expect anythign good out of CBS usually)

Leeness

I'm so excited. I have been watching it constantly the last two weeks so my life is empty right now. COME BACK.

And save Finch ASAP ;o;

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I am so ready for this. *talks to suspicious red light outside my window* Bring it on!

Nobility

Banned
Great OT!

Time for Reese to put criminals in crutches yet again.

I am so excited for Thursday, will watch the last few episodes tomorrow to hype myself even further.

Dilly

Banned
Certainly, I liked the first episodes but they felt kind of stand alone, yet they were solid television.

But it just keeps on picking up steam throughout the season.

Continual story? Do I need to watch S1 for S2?

Yes. Start with Season 1, I urge you. You can probably catch up, but it's better to start from Season 1 episode 1 and watch all of it before starting Season 2. There are continous narrative strands that are gonna pop up in Season 2 that started in Season 1, plus there's the cliffhanger in the finale that will be dealt with in the season premiere of S2.

Go check out Season 1, you won't regret it. It's great, damn solid television.

Knees shall be damaged if the cliffhanger is not resolved in the first episode. Cannot wait for the season to start!

Though the machine v Reese interaction could be fun for a bit

Nobility

Banned
Tomorrow!

Knee goodness!!!

I am in 100% hype mode, if S2 can go strong, I believe that everyone will watch this. There were so many new (and good) shows last season, more people need to take notice of POI.

borrowing season 1 from a friend.

the transition from hobo to swag bauer was weird, but everything else is fun.

Not the best show around, but still good action stuff on tv.

gives me human target vibe. sigh*

That was gold. Loved that so much.

Oh man, probably one of the single best endings to any procedural show I've seen. That was fantastic.

until that moment I was like "yeah solid show, I like michael emerson, so maybe I'll stick with it for another few episodes" but that ending convinced me that this show was better than the common procedural show

Decado

So did this show pick up and get really good? I caught a bit of the very first episode, but I didnt stick with it.

Not particularly. It never rises above being one of those easy-to-watch background shows. I'm just about finished the first season and I've stopped giving it my full attention while it's on. I guess you could consider it top tier for a major network show...but that backhanded compliment is about the best it deserves, IMO.

Not particularly. It never rises above being one of those easy-to-watch background shows. I'm just about finished the first season and I've stopped giving it my full attention while it's on. I guess you could consider it top tier for a major network show...but that backhanded compliment is about the best it deserves, IMO.

I disagree, each case is fantastic and the show builds a fantastic set of secondary and tertiary characters with their own mysteries while building an interesting backgroundstory.

i5EDfFogNb1Fx.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Lols @ Reese's realization that the Machine Don't Care.

He's moved on from Knees, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom