• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online v2 Dreamcast PAL questions...

goodcow

So, as we all know (I'm assuming those who clicked here are PSO fans) the American PSO DC servers were shut down a long time ago, mostly due to fucktard American hackers who had to ruin it for people like me.

The European and Japanese PSO DC servers are still up, the former being free, the latter still being pay to play, and are linked together.

I don't really enjoy Blue Burst, but I do want to play PSO again... so, I'd like to import PSOv2 PAL.

My questions are...

1) Will this work since my American Dreamcast already has v1 and v2 keys stored on its flash memory?
2) Assuming I have to flash my Dreamcast memory to put in the EU v2 key, if I want to play the US version again, will it work? (do I have to keep flashing back and forth?)
3) Will I be able to connect from a US originating IP?
4) Can anybody from Europe here locate a sealed PSOv2 for me?
5) I assume I do need a sealed one, because a used one will have its serial number tied to another person's DC, and I won't be able to go online, right?
6) Any word on when the European and Japanese servers will be going down?

Thanks in advance.

?

I cant answer any of your questions, because only game i remember playing or trying to play on dreamcast with other people was NCAA2K2 & NFL2K1, whoa talk about lag :lol

I do play the pc version of phantasy star online tho.

Rain

Banned
goodcow said:
So, as we all know (I'm assuming those who clicked here are PSO fans) the American PSO DC servers were shut down a long time ago, mostly due to fucktard American hackers who had to ruin it for people like me.

You will prolly hate me or something, but you could always play on the non-official servers.. They allow DC V1/V2, PC v2 and Gamecube to play together.. yes, free... yes, filled with hackers...

goodcow said:
1) Will this work since my American Dreamcast already has v1 and v2 keys stored on its flash memory?
I don't see why wouldn't it work....
But i think it would automatically rewrite the pre-existing keys (as you can't play pso v1 on a dc where you have booted pso v2)

goodcow said:
2) Assuming I have to flash my Dreamcast memory to put in the EU v2 key, if I want to play the US version again, will it work? (do I have to keep flashing back and forth?)
I believe you would have to keep reflashing it.

goodcow said:
3) Will I be able to connect from a US originating IP?
i don't see why not.

goodcow said:
4) Can anybody from Europe here locate a sealed PSOv2 for me?
Ebay is your best bet - but they're somewhat expensive.

goodcow said:
5) I assume I do need a sealed one, because a used one will have its serial number tied to another person's DC, and I won't be able to go online, right?
If you call sega (of europe, oin this case) they can delete your key from the server's database so you can re-register... you'll have to call and say that your old dreamcast died and you got a new one - saying you bought it used may not convince them to erase it.

goodcow said:
6) Any word on when the European and Japanese servers will be going down?
I'm afraid not. But, like i said before, you can always use the non-official servers.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Rain said:
You will prolly hate me or something, but you could always play on the non-official servers.. They allow DC V1/V2, PC v2 and Gamecube to play together.. yes, free... yes, filled with hackers...

Okay, now I'm interested. I always meant to actually try out that game...

Edit: Okay, is there a way to FIND information on the non-Sega servers? I'd like to try running my GameCube version with one of those.

not really, as you cannot be fsoded, corrupted, noled or anything else of that nature. Are banned weapons and such allowed? yes, but who cares? there's also a "legit ship" iirc.

edit: Okay, is there a way to FIND information on the non-Sega servers? I'd like to try running my GameCube version with one of those.

the gamecube server is not currently opened to the public, but if you shoot me a PM, i might be able to help you out :)

Jewbacca

Banned
goodcow said:
Oh, right, I should just wait for you to make PSOv3 DC, with your own free wordlwide server and no cheating, right?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Birbo

I'll never forget when my Level 37 character got noled. My screen blanked out and all of a sudden I was a totally different Level 7 character. Started running around the lobby cause I didn't know what happened and everyone was laughing and shouting (well, typing in caps) NOEL!!! Felt like a lepper. I was so pissed.

Top Bottom