• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: “We want you to hear the games first, not our console.”

SleepDoctor

Banned
I forgot that there were rumors of the devkit being loud. Lets not forget a 6 fan patent for it. Could also of been referring to that.

Either way i don't see so many people are so upset. Im sure the used games video was a hilarious burn at the beginning of this gen tho.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I forgot that there were rumors of the devkit being loud. Lets not forget a 6 fan patent for it. Could also of been referring to that.

Either way i don't see so many people are so upset. Im sure the used games video was a hilarious burn at the beginning of this gen tho.

This gets brought up every single week that either Greenberg or Spencer make digs.

So these execs can continue their little digs and have them hand waved away all because of that one Sony dig, which was justified back then for anti-consumer practices trying to go into play?

Last edited:

TheAssist

The pro is the one that is notorious for being loud, shits a joke sometimes.

I do find his choice of metaphor ironic though considering they opted to unveil their console long before they showed off any gameplay on it.

my pro is so much more quite than the OG. I can hardly hear it even in demanding games

Dolomite

He doesn't have a retail unit, nor do developers.

Developers, even Sony's first party didn't even know what one looked like until they revealed it a couple of weeks back.
Hmmm I'm calling Bullock's. The console is less than 6 months from launch, has already began production and Sony has been notorious with keeping tight lips on Designer. I'm sure plenty of people have seen and used the retail model by now. It would be concerning if Sony Devs, hadn't seen the model before the public reveal. We aren't that special

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Hmmm I'm calling Bullock's. The console is less than 6 months from launch, has already began production and Sony has been notorious with keeping tight lips on Designer. I'm sure plenty of people have seen and used the retail model by now. It would be concerning if Sony Devs, hadn't seen the model before the public reveal. We aren't that special

They had an interview where they said nobody but the top execs and WW marketing guy knew what it looked like. First party devs came out and said they did not even know what it looked like and they are all finding out at the same time we did. They also just went into production a few days before the showing.

But okay, Phil Spencer had them deets the entire time. Playing on one and everything. :messenger_weary::messenger_ok:

Last edited:
My latest platinum. But i dont game you know.
Idiot.

kzLIDIQ.png
Congratulations? And im an idiot but yet youre the one dogging me for putting 50 hrs into tlou2 gotcha.

Phil needs to learn xbox will never surpass playstation. He’s becoming more unlikeable.

He reports directly to the CEO of one of the biggest companies on planet earth and has billions of dollars worth of responsibility. I don't think he gives a hot fuck what you think he should learn 🤣

His job is to create a great console and platform and to listen to his customers which he's been doing. XBOX will be just fine with console and PC. Now bring on Halo!

Dolomite

They had an interview where they said nobody but the top execs and WW marketing guy knew what it looked like. First party devs came out and said they did not even know what it looked like and they are all finding out at the same time we did. They also just went into production a few days before the showing.

But okay, Phil Spencer had them deets the entire time. Playing on one and everything. :messenger_weary::messenger_ok:
Source? That's nuts if true and curious. Like why hide a design from you own studios, did it change a few times?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Source? That's nuts if true and curious. Like why hide a design from you own studios, did it change a few times?

He talks about it here where the design was in a vault behind closed doors.

As for the first party devs, they were tweeting that they did not know what it looked like, they only had devkits. And that it was a treat for them as well.

MarkMe2525

Haven't we learned that 10-second clips do not allow for context. While yes it is easy to speculate about the meaning his statement considering the words used and the fact that PS4 is known for being very audible at times, but he literally prefaces that statement with his intentions. Those intentions being that people want to "hear" Xbox speak about their games and less about the hardware running them.

Wow, didn't know the PS4 Pro was so loud. It must break immersion.

Yeah, it really is bad. I actually went back to playing on PS4 because my two attempts at PS4 Pro were both ridiculously loud. The first one was when PS4 Pro launched, and I got rid of it because it was so loud. Then I waited a while and got a CUH 7200 since it was supposed to be quieter. It was, but it was still too damn loud. I returned that one and just decided I'll play on PS4.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

SleepDoctor

Banned
This gets brought up every single week that either Greenberg or Spencer make digs.

So these execs can continue their little digs and have them hand waved away all because of that one Sony dig, which was justified back then for anti-consumer practices trying to go into play?

My point is every dig is fine. Its not just one way. Some people whining in here like they're mother was insulted.

The digs are especially fine when either way thats all fanboys on forums are doing to each other. Only difference is these are actually getting paid for it.

What makes him "loud"? Just say you don't like him because he's an Xbox guy and move on. Making up dumb stuff is weird.

Me saying he's a loud mouth basically saying I don't like the guy. I've expressed my dislike of him multi times on this forum. And its not because he's an Xbox guy if he was a playstation guy id hate him just as much probably more honestly. because he puts on this act and talks out of his ass all the time. The praise for the guy is ridiculous. One day playstation isn't shit next day hes throwing jabs next day hes congratulating them. He needs to focus on bringing games to his platform that is literally starving for them. Make me want to buy the xsx.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Haven't we learned that 10-second clips do not allow for context. While yes it is easy to speculate about the meaning his statement considering the words used and the fact that PS4 is known for being very audible at times, but he literally prefaces that statement with his intentions. Those intentions being that people want to "hear" Xbox speak about their games and less about the hardware running them.

source.gif

My point is every dig is fine. Its not just one way. Some people whining in here like they're mother was insulted.

The digs are especially fine when either way thats all fanboys on forums are doing to each other. Only difference is these are actually getting paid for it.

IDK, the way homeboy was creating all those accounts... :pie_roffles:

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Not really the narrative that the ps4 fan is so loud some of you like to spew is tho. I honestly just think phill is just a loud mouth flip flopper.

It's mostly disgruntled PS4 owners "spewing" that narrative.

But it's humorous to read your frequent angry and insulting posts whenever anything even slightly negative about PS4 or even slightly positive about Xbox gets posted. Console war is serious business :pie_roffles:

Jtibh

Banned
Congratulations? And im an idiot but yet youre the one dogging me for putting 50 hrs into tlou2 gotcha.
Read your comment.
You are an idiot times 100.

You wrote to me what am i doing here i dont even game.
So my answer to that was you are an idiot.

Like how your kind always deflects and derails .

Only cuz you felt attacked for me pointing out the hard fact that i yet have to see anyone putting in 50 hours into that game that glorifies murder i guess thats the best they could come up with for a feminist centric game , your go to defense is me or others who dont enjoy the LIED TO US 2 must be losers and dont even game.

Well to me you dont game or not enough if you think that game is worth putting in 50 hours.

I can list over 20 games that i just had way more fun with than this mess of a game.

Last edited:

pasterpl

Does Phil and Co ever do more than talk and tweet?

like developing and releasing the most powerful console this gen (xbonex, and it is quiet as hell) and developing the most powerful console next gen (xbsex), buying studios left and right or developing xCloud? At the same time they have released halo, gears, forza, forza horizon, ori etc. They seem rather busy.

Last edited:

Roberts

like developing and releasing the most powerful console this gen (xbonex, and it is quiet as hell) and developing the most powerful console next gen (xbsex), buying studios left and right or developing xCloud? At the same time they have released halo, gears, forza, forza horizon, ori etc. They seem rather busy.

Dont forget Gamepass and both Elite controllers aka the best controllers (Despite many having problems with both versions)

Journey

Banned
What makes him "loud"? Just say you don't like him because he's an Xbox guy and move on. Making up dumb stuff is weird.

Seriously, when Sony execs blatantly make fun of the competition it's like "Oh I'm so wet by how sassy Sony is, the're so witty and funny"

maxresdefault.jpg

But a MS exec hints something that's likely a dig and suddenly he's a loud mouth flip flopper, unlikeable talking head.

e1878f02e8e240ffdbaa340000a6d5e4.jpg

Last edited:
It's mostly disgruntled PS4 owners "spewing" that narrative.

But it's humorous to read your frequent angry and insulting posts whenever anything even slightly negative about PS4 or even slightly positive about Xbox gets posted. Console war is serious business :pie_roffles:

Someone's gotta do it 🤷‍♂️

Read your comment.
You are an idiot times 100.

You wrote to me what am i doing here i dont even game.
So my answer to that was you are an idiot.

Like how your kind always deflects and derails .

Only cuz you felt attacked for me pointing out the hard fact that i yet have to see anyone putting in 50 hours into that game that glorifies murder i guess thats the best they could come up with for a feminist centric game , your go to defense is me or others who dont enjoy the LIED TO US 2 must be losers and dont even game.

Well to me you dont game or not enough if you think that game is worth putting in 50 hours.

I can list over 20 games that i just had way more fun with than this mess of a game.

Glorifies murder? Lmao so every game ever? Again im the IDIOT

Yes I dont game at all 🙄

jLEHyPL.jpg

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Well the games main character is a gay woman. Of course they're going to tell the story through that perspective. Much like when you have a game about Spider-Man, the story is told through his perspective. Everyone knew the main character was gay before the game was even released, I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that they lied.
Maybe i should clarify?
I dont care of she is gay or pan or hippo sexual.

All main characters are female. And abby is not gay so forget this gay nonsence.

For cuckman to come out and say he was influenced buy anita sarcuckian and that he wanted to cater to that audience well if this is what they can do with female leads to murder the whole world well i dont think thats something feminists are cheering about let alone do i believe anyone in the target demographic even played or knows the about the game

Batiman

Banned

It’s pretty anti consumer making two jet engine systems in a row IMO.

Eliciel

I think it’s model to model or at least certain production runs. I read all the time about this “jet engine” but have never heard the fan on either my base or pro Unless in a silent room. Maybe it’s where you have them or how clean you keep em. Cuz like you TLOU2 is super quiet on mine.

wow, the we are really lucky! :)

SirTerry-T

"Naughty Uncle Phil, naughty naughty.
Say sorry right now, look what you've done, the kids are crying and it's all kicked off. I've told you a million times about this ."

• LOL

Jtibh

Banned
Glorifies murder? Lmao so every game ever? Again im the IDIOT

Yes I dont game at all 🙄

jLEHyPL.jpg
Lol😂😂😂😂 yeah i see you play games.

But fair enough at least you played lie to us 2.

I am on to jedi for now after i canned this game.
oetfESA.png

SUFYcHL.png

hWaKtq7.png

X9cnh4v.png

cYHneyT.png

JosYQrr.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My day 1 pro is noisy, sure its gotten louder over time. TLOU2 ramps it and like others makes dialogue hard to hear. Before anyone say surround sound, yes I do thanks, but when gaming it night its hard to crank up especially with a BK sub (that explosion when trip wires come in game was loud).

Tempted to strip my pro and clean heat sink and repaste, but wary of fucking something up when still got a while before ps5 comes out. Think im gonna try compressed air first after removing power supply block to just check heat sink is clear. Oh and its already got the quiet nidec fan in after looking at pics online.

Top Bottom