• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: announcement this week

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
They can double down on their hardware. I'm sure Phil will paint a rosy picture in this event how they remain committed to the Xbox community and hardware, and how Xbox consoles will remain the best way to play Xbox games.

However, I believe that the reality of the market situation will squeeze them out of the hardware business -- even if they do not wish it.

Xbox consoles will become an extremely odd consumer choice once they port their games (even a few of them) to PlayStation. Ultimately, the market share will become so insignificant that it won't be financially viable to continue with the hardware.
I mean ultimately thats why we are here now because of failing Series sales and how I mentioned back in Aug (?) here on these forums its why they are trying to change things up launching next gen early

It does however remain to be seen how long they hold that course.

They can double down on their hardware. I'm sure Phil will paint a rosy picture in this event how they remain committed to the Xbox community and hardware, and how Xbox consoles will remain the best way to play Xbox games.

However, I believe that the reality of the market situation will squeeze them out of the hardware business -- even if they do not wish it.

Xbox consoles will become an extremely odd consumer choice once they port their games (even a few of them) to PlayStation. Ultimately, the market share will become so insignificant that it won't be financially viable to continue with the hardware.

That was exactly my point, the reality of the market will push them out of the hardware business

Mr.Phoenix

Will these same people admit they were wrong when full 3rd party doesn't happen?

I think some are taking victory laps way too soon, I would pull the reigns back a little
What is full third party exactly?

What I am expecting is some stuff... maybe like 3 or so games will come from what's been released over the last 2 years. And some games going forward would be timed exclusive on xbox but eventually, come to PlayStation.

For me, as far as I am concerned, the second Xbox has to release their otherwise PC and Xbox exclusives on PlayStation so their books are better. Then people like me were right. Cause that is exactly what we were saying. Cause for me, if Xbox was doing as well as they would like people to believe it is, if gamepass was the best thing that happened since sliced bread. Absolutely none of this would be happening right now. And that's saying something.

There were posters here that suggested that the almost $80B MS spent in acquisitions doesn't mean anything to MS because of this and that... we are seeing firsthand how much it means something to them.

ANd lets not kid ourselves, unless of course, we have to start this whole new conversation. We said before, gamepass Day 1 on it and even on PC was diluting the Xbox brand, and that will ultimately weaken the viability of the platform. That has happened. Do we need to have a conversation about how the second AAA Xbox exclusives start appearing on PlayStation their brand would be weakened even more?

I am not expecting MS to have an ounce of grace about any of this. Or to not lather us all with more PR nonsense. But I am not stupid. I mean I called this shit years ago.

Whatever MS announces next week, it's going to destroy trust or even kill the brand. I don't think Xbox fan will keep faith in their favorite console when MS announces one or more of the following options ...

... MS 1st party games will go multi-platform on a case by case basis
... a new, more expensive Gamepass tier for day 1 Xbox/PC games
... Future 1st party games will hit Gamepass not on day 1 but a year later
... OEMs are going to produce Xbox clones

Any of these options will create the impression that MS has lost faith in Xbox and that ultimately all of Microsoft's first party games will be released on PS5, so why buy Xbox? There'll be less and less people choosing Xbox, both console and software sales will decline even faster. Third party software publishers won't see the point anymore of supporting Xbox, especially when MS is switching from platform owner to outright competitor.

In my view it's the end of Xbox as a viable console platform. And I think that the economics of Xbox as a cloud platform are even more questionable. I don't see how Microsoft and Sony can turn this into a profitable business considering the enormous operational costs.

This is truly a great post! I couldn't have said it any better

Last edited:

DosGamer

Having given some more thought to this debacle and lets call it for what it is... its a debacle. MS will never admit defeat in this contest. It is just not going to happen and I can see their egos making this even more of a long drawn out ending.... but I will say this... it is fixable to a degree.

First, they need to apologize. Seriously, they have let their "core" fans down. Broken promises, delays, silence on key issues and absolute panic when rumors rise all require a huge apology. It will only go so far, but its a start.
Next, is Gamepass. It is here to stay at this point. Dropping it would cause an outrage. SO they must live with this model they created at least until next generation if they must.
Third, is recouping some of their spending back. I would announce that they will be putting many of their "exclusives" on other consoles. The money this would generate would buy them time and build their brand with loyal followers of other consoles.
Fourth, a clear path going forward is needed. Not some bull shit thrown together power point with a years worth of season pass type shit, but a real gameplan. A promise that they will continue to put games out for xbox as well as the others. They need to give a list of projects they are working on, and a bit of information on next generation if they are going this route. It is never to early to start building the foundation for the next gen.
Finally, they need to rethink the approach they have and realize that gamers just want good games. Nobody can guarantee what game is going to be the next fortnite. Instead, they need to invest in companies that are rethinking how you approach the typical gamer.

Nintendo used the switch as the "new" indie handheld. If you wanted to play cool, cheap indie games while still getting your NINTENDO proper, you could and this took off. Imagine the switch without the abundance of indie titles.
Sony, is sony.. they put their head down and keep putting out titles that they know will do well, because they have the infrastructure to keep their fingers on the pulse of gamers.
MS only cares about money and how they can buy the competition... that is the wrong view. I said it the other day.... its actually a disservice to the gamer/ fan. I want people that want to make games, not people that want to buy people that make games only to mismanage them.

Mr.Phoenix

I know but I don't expect people to fall for their lies again this time, at least I hope so...

Once they announce a Starfield port to PS5 a few months after release, only an idiot would believe that they care about their hardware at this point
You will be SHOCKED. There are people here already paving the way for the acceptance of those very lies.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It's gonna be ps5 vs pc on every comparison and Alyx proudly presenting his chub on.

I'll take a ticket.

There is literally 0 perception to anyone outside of the most invested gamers. You are talking at maximum thousands of people across social media. Not millions of everyday people.

Microsofts golden goose is and has been gamepass for years. Tvs come with gamepass subs now. It's definitely stagnated but we need to see what happens.

One year of poor hardware sales does not mean xbox is dead. And I mean xbox as the overall department. Xbox game studios.
Oh really? Then explain why Xbox One sales tanked so bad at the beginning? Word of mouth played a huge role in sinking that console. Just like word of mouth is hurting the brand right now.

Jerm411

They can announce what ever hardware they want…facts of the matter are their current consoles are being outpaced by the XBOX ONE and the entire thing they’ve built their business model around, Gamepass, is bleeding $$ and is failing.

Once you start offering your games elsewhere, what incentive is there to buy their hardware? It’ll be DOA.

blakdecaf

In my honest opinion, Xbox brand has been dying slowly up until about 2023 when it went into freefall globally.

They need to change the brand I think Game pass as I keep saying is their new thing.
It’s definitely clear they cannot compete with the PlayStation brand at all either, and really never have done, especially in Europe and Asia.

Gamepass as the main brand is definitely the right way to go, and Xbox just a first party accessory.

Hell at this point, just OEM it all.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Oh really? Then explain why Xbox One sales tanked so bad at the beginning? Word of mouth played a huge role in sinking that console. Just like word of mouth is hurting the brand right now.

Their hardware is not doing well at all but they are more than xbox consoles. They've had games on pc since day one and gamepass is coming with all sorts of devices including Samsung tvs.

You can't say a brand that is posting record revenue for its business is dying. It goes against everything.

They are now looking to make even more money as they have a responsibility to ensure the companies they've purchased bring in enough revenue to continue their survival. Xbox hardware and PC doesn't support that so they are going to ps5 and switch.

It all makes simple sense.

Xbox isn't dying and microsoft isn't getting out of gaming. They're doubling down as a third party publisher with, for the foreseeable future a hardware option to those who want to buy it.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Maybe, we shall see and likely I am very wrong on this

People can go back to their death celebrations, said my peace

call the midwife GIF by PBS
Honestly I don't think Xbox will die,I see them merge Xbox and pc and wanted to ask you if you heard about oem hardware for them in the future?
I do see them shrinking their hardware sales but offering more hardware, handeld, xbox built hardware(maybe just for next gen) and oems.
If they are really in an optic of ROI, letting other manufacturer build their Xbox licenced consoles could work and help minimize R&D costs while maintaning presence and specs.
I mean I think we will have a nextbox from them but after that maybe just oem depending on how it pans out.

Do not believe anything this motherfucker puts out.

I don’t. He’s a prick. A phoney. He has a repulsive arrogance I find unappealing. Each to their own but it’s disappointing to see my fellow Xbox brothers and sisters give him donations.

I remember he once said to someone who simply said they didn’t like Sea of Thieves in a polite manner

“No one cares what you have to say”

Remove Day 1 Games from Gamepass = Piss everyone off.

Send games multiplatform: Piss everyone off.

Require an additional sub to even play Final Fantasy 14 after years of waiting: Piss everyone off.

Remove physical games from retailers: Piss many people off.

What's their endgame? What's the way out unscathed?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Their hardware is not doing well at all but they are more than xbox consoles. They've had games on pc since day one and gamepass is coming with all sorts of devices including Samsung tvs.

You can't say a brand that is posting record revenue for its business is dying. It goes against everything.

They are now looking to make even more money as they have a responsibility to ensure the companies they've purchased bring in enough revenue to continue their survival. Xbox hardware and PC doesn't support that so they are going to ps5 and switch.

Xbox isn't dying and microsoft isn't getting out of gaming. They're doubling down as a third party publisher with, for the foreseeable future a hardware option to those who want to buy it.
I dont disagree with anything here. At all.

I disagree with this notion that online discourse and rumors aren't hurting Xbox. They are. Just like they badly hurt the launch of the Xbox One console. online discourse played a HUGE part. Will it destroy Xbox completely? Doubtful. I don't want Xbox destroyed. I want Gamepass destroyed. That thing in it's current form is an unsustainable cancer that is doing more harm than good. The miracle they need to get it profitable isn't happening.

Mr.Phoenix

Having given some more thought to this debacle and lets call it for what it is... its a debacle. MS will never admit defeat in this contest. It is just not going to happen and I can see their egos making this even more of a long drawn out ending.... but I will say this... it is fixable to a degree.

First, they need to apologize. Seriously, they have let their "core" fans down. Broken promises, delays, silence on key issues and absolute panic when rumors rise all require a huge apology. It will only go so far, but its a start.
Next, is Gamepass. It is here to stay at this point. Dropping it would cause an outrage. SO they must live with this model they created at least until next generation if they must.
Third, is recouping some of their spending back. I would announce that they will be putting many of their "exclusives" on other consoles. The money this would generate would buy them time and build their brand with loyal followers of other consoles.
Fourth, a clear path going forward is needed. Not some bull shit thrown together power point with a years worth of season pass type shit, but a real gameplan. A promise that they will continue to put games out for xbox as well as the others. They need to give a list of projects they are working on, and a bit of information on next generation if they are going this route. It is never to early to start building the foundation for the next gen.
Finally, they need to rethink the approach they have and realize that gamers just want good games. Nobody can guarantee what game is going to be the next fortnite. Instead, they need to invest in companies that are rethinking how you approach the typical gamer.

Nintendo used the switch as the "new" indie handheld. If you wanted to play cool, cheap indie games while still getting your NINTENDO proper, you could and this took off. Imagine the switch without the abundance of indie titles.
Sony, is sony.. they put their head down and keep putting out titles that they know will do well, because they have the infrastructure to keep their fingers on the pulse of gamers.
MS only cares about money and how they can buy the competition... that is the wrong view. I said it the other day.... its actually a disservice to the gamer/ fan. I want people that want to make games, not people that want to buy people that make games only to mismanage them.
If this thing is happening. Have you really given thought to exactly how that deal goes? You think Sony just goes, "yh its great you want to put your games on our platform and make money off our userbase, we ill be making some money too, so welcome aboard"?

nope. This is the literal definition of the proverbial, having someone by the balls reference. Sony wouldn't say, yh you can release Starfield on our platform, nope, they will say if you want starfield on our platform, then commit to the next xxx number of games from your studios to come to the platform for less than such and such time and over the next such and such years. Probably something like 10 years. If you don't like that? well, you can keep your games.

Because if I can think of it, so can sony. The last thing Sony would want is to allow MS to release their games on their platform, and build a following for those games on the PS platform, only to take them all away and make their next interation of those IPs exclusive for the next Xbox.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Honestly I don't think Xbox will die,I see them merge Xbox and pc and wanted to ask you if you heard about oem hardware for them in the future?
I do see them shrinking their hardware sales but offering more hardware, handeld, xbox built hardware(maybe just for next gen) and oems.
If they are really in an optic of ROI, letting other manufacturer build their Xbox licenced consoles could work and help minimize R&D costs while maintaning presence and specs.
I mean I think we will have a nextbox from them but after that maybe just oem depending on how it pans out.
I think the OEM thing could be their handheld and I think the next box is an expensive Zen 5 console

Sanepar

I mean ultimately thats why we are here now because of failing Series sales and how I mentioned back in Aug (?) here on these forums its why they are trying to change things up launching next gen early

It does however remain to be seen how long they hold that course.
Remember that undercut Sony in 2005 gave them their best gen so far...

Im assuming they need a week to announce this because they want statements from Jim Ryan, Shuntaro Furukawa, and Gabe Newell in the presentation. Everybody saying they look forward to welcoming Xbox games to their platforms and how much they look forward to working with them.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
They would also be stupid to order the development of 13 GAAS games from their most prestigious studios known for singleplayer games, and waste 4 years of Naughty Dog's dev time on a GAAS game that will never be released.

Or releasing a portable device that no one asked for (PS Portal). Or wasting R&D on a device that was basicaly sent to die (PSVR 2)

Sony has made a bunch of dumb decisions on the past. So we should be wary.
Eh, I’m not. Their dumbest decisions are years behind them.

Astray

I predict he will announce some sort of timed exclusivity thing (remember that the porting is still not at Day 1 yet, all the current ports are either being studied or under dev) and maybe he announces the adorably all digital series x.

I don't think he drops a big 3rd party bomb on people just yet.

Mr.Phoenix

Xbox is not dying. In the same way, Sega didn't "die". They are still here.

They are not dying, they are just becoming a third-party publisher. And whats funny, is that I expect them to do better as a publisher than as a platform holder.

Xbox "consoles" however, that hardware division that has been at war with PlayStation since 2001.... 'IS" dying. And the second Xbox says they are bringing their games to PS? Then it means their console platform, is unofficially dead. Think about it, imagine your game, making you 3-4x more money than what it made you from releasing that game on your own platform. Imagine being a platform holder but your rival; platform is the lead platform for your development because that is where the money is.

cireza

If you keep on saying "cherry picked", maybe you'll manage to will it into existence and all of your previous activity here will suddenly vanish from existence, but alas.

You don't have a passion for them but yet here you are on an enthusiast gaming forum? A forum where you've discussed those products, spent time defending them and in some cases (as seen above) have recommended them to other people or acted as a pseudo marketer?

Do excuse me if none of this is making sense and the only conclusion I can draw at this stage is that you're now withdrawing and distancing yourself from those products (and the Xbox brand in general) as a coping mechanism.
I have been critical as well many times in the past, but you obviously won't see these posts because they don't suite your narrative.

I subbed for 3 years when there was a good deal, but I won't do this again. I don't like subscription services to begin with, only did this because I paid once and was good for 3 years without recurring payments.

And honestly, even though it cost me like 80 or 90$ for 3 years, I still feel like it would have been better invested in a couple physical games. Not that Game Pass is bad, but this is simply not for me.
This is several months old.

Enough said, we all know how you work anyway.

If those were such great choices, why are Xbox suffering today? 🤔
How are they suffering exactly ? This is a narrative you are pushing. Pretty sure that Xbox and video-game division are making a ton of money.

Last edited:
Will these same people admit they were wrong when full 3rd party doesn't happen?

I think some are taking victory laps way too soon, I would pull the reigns back a little

I’m honestly just having a good laugh at the meltdowns 😂 whether they go full multiplatform or partially doesn’t concern me. I’m under the impression what’s been rumored before will be on PlayStation and Nintendo. Hi-fi rush, Starfield, the Bethesda and activision games. as far as their first party? that is the one that can go 50/50 next week imo but I don’t think anything outside of sea of thieves will hit the other platforms.

Not sure of their path but I have said here several times in the past Phil reached out to Sony about getting games on PS for years plus I am still very confident they are doubling down on their hardware which (to me) signals not full 3rd party
When Phil was reaching out to get games on PlayStation, it was with the caveat of Gamepass being the service that would bring those games over. Its a big, big difference versus what is happening now, where Gamepass is not coming to other platforms but the games are. Its like if Netflix announced tomorrow that older seasons of Stranger Things was coming to Youtube, and the new season would premiere on both Netflix and YouTube.

I personally have never believed that this situation was going to be Sega-esque, in the sense that consoles just dry up over night and they release all their games elsewhere immediately.

Xbox console users are still largely responsible for both GP revenue and XBLG revenue, with the XBLG revenue being incredibly lean and profitable. Microsoft is aware there is a contingent of users who will always opt to play on their HW, and who are willing to pay these subscription fees. MS will always ensure those folks can pay them. So yes, you will get new HW. Anyone suggesting that new HW won't come is not being serious.

What will change is the expectation of performance of any new HW. Its not going to be made to be this global seller, like a Playstation or a Nintendo console or an iPhone. It'll exist to sell to regions they are historically strong in, with a relative budget for the HW production and marketing needed to reach those consumers. You may also see them no longer subsidizing the cost of said HW, letting the user pay a higher fee for it. And, as is apparent, MS will also go about other routes that cut their costs even further in HW, like making them all-digital for instance. These maneuvers drastically decrease the cost of operating a console HW business, while aiming to keep the revenue of a console business somewhat healthy.

If this thing is happening. Have you really given thought to exactly how that deal goes? You think Sony just goes, "yh its great you want to put your games on our platform and make money off our userbase, we ill be making some money too, so welcome aboard"?

nope. This is the literal definition of the proverbial, having someone by the balls reference. Sony wouldn't say, yh you can release Starfield on our platform, nope, they will say if you want starfield on our platform, then commit to the next xxx number of games from your studios to come to the platform for less than such and such time and over the next such and such years. Probably something like 10 years. If you don't like that? well, you can keep your games.

Because if I can think of it, so can sony. The last thing Sony would want is to allow MS to release their games on their platform, and build a following for those games on the PS platform, only to take them all away and make their next interation of those IPs exclusive for the next Xbox.

Exactly, Sony won't accept MS games on the THEIR store unless there is a commitment from MS to really become third party in the long run....

Otherwise they can keep them with their abysmal sales on their store.....

Mr.Phoenix

How are they suffering exactly ? This is a narrative you are pushing. Pretty sure that Xbox and video-game division are making a ton of money.
Of course, they are making a ton of money. Adding the revenue generated from an $70B acquisition can do that. And they will be making even more money when they start releasing their games on PS platforms.

What's funny though, is that you dont get that that is exactly what the problem is. Or all this is about.

Xbox, after almost two decades, somehow managed to get themselves in a position, where they would need to release their games on the platform of their biggest rival, to remain viable.

Anyways nevermind. Guess you will see eventually.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
When Phil was reaching out to get games on PlayStation, it was with the caveat of Gamepass being the service that would bring those games over. Its a big, big difference versus what is happening now, where Gamepass is not coming to other platforms but the games are. Its like if Netflix announced tomorrow that older seasons of Stranger Things was coming to Youtube, and the new season would premiere on both Netflix and YouTube.

I personally have never believed that this situation was going to be Sega-esque, in the sense that consoles just dry up over night and they release all their games elsewhere immediately.

Xbox console users are still largely responsible for both GP revenue and XBLG revenue, with the XBLG revenue being incredibly lean and profitable. Microsoft is aware there is a contingent of users who will always opt to play on their HW, and who are willing to pay these subscription fees. MS will always ensure those folks can pay them. So yes, you will get new HW. Anyone suggesting that new HW won't come is not being serious.

What will change is the expectation of performance of any new HW. Its not going to be made to be this global seller, like a Playstation or a Nintendo console or an iPhone. It'll exist to sell to regions they are historically strong in, with a relative budget for the HW production and marketing needed to reach those consumers. You may also see them no longer subsidizing the cost of said HW, letting the user pay a higher fee for it. And, as is apparent, MS will also go about other routes that cut their costs even further in HW, like making them all-digital for instance. These maneuvers drastically decrease the cost of operating a console HW business, while aiming to keep the revenue of a console business somewhat healthy.
I don't remember him saying GP was a caveat for his push to get Halo Infinite MP on PS but its entirely possible

I see , well thanks for that….

These Xbox fans are annoying as hell. It's like when they were claiming that Starfield was going to save the company, but it turned out to be one of the biggest flops of all time. They're a weird bunch who are in denial.

Phil could have denied the rumors yesterday from his post, but he pretty much confirmed it. Yes, some things are secret, but I'm willing to bet they're going to go 3rd party for the most part, and most of the rumors are true. And, I don't think they're going to release another expensive console; they may release a cheaper handheld console similar to the Switch, but they've lost so much money in the last 4 years that it would be stupid to keep releasing new expensive consoles when your console sales have been terrible.

Last edited:
I don't remember him saying GP was a caveat for his push to get Halo Infinite MP on PS but its entirely possible
Yeah, maybe it wasn't publicly known. There was some hints around that time about it, and some of the terms around GP expanding onto PS (and Switch) did come out around the court cases and such.

When Phil and co. Were talking about Bethesda, they specifically said they would release titles wherever Gamepass was - that was a specific signal about their desires to expand onto other HW, just as long as GP came too.

Loope

The "gloating" is because people have been saying this would happen for years. People have been having an endless number of conversations with I am guessing people like you (I don't know for certain)... telling them that gamepass was unsustainable and that everything MS was saying in contrary to that fact was a lie and just PR BS that a lot of people here were just gobbling up.

Its not gloating, its vindication. We cannot suddenly start pretending like there were not a shit ton of posters on here that have been heralding how great gamepass is and how Xbox is doing better than ever.

Dude just stop. It takes a big person to admit they were wrong. Just stop.
Nope, warrior. Don't have gamepass, never used gamepass, don't own a console. But i do recognize the blatant sony fanboys stomping all over the place, like always actually.

I did find value in gamepass because it is a great value for users, not necessarly for companies. Never felt the need to defend it, it is a product that you either gen into or not, there's nothing much to it.

Sorcerer

That won't happen, once Xbox gives in to giving Sony it's ip on its console, that's it. Come back time is over. Sony fans of course will play those games because they are on the Playstation, because it's convenient to have it all on one console. If Microsoft plays that game of giving players a taste, so they can take it all away with sequels for the next console exclusively they are sadly mistaken. Sony fans will leave them in the dust with an F*** you attitude. Microsoft is going down a slippery slope if they think they are that smart and good at games. It's not just Sony but any platform they try to pull these shenanigans on.

Last edited:
Yeah, maybe it wasn't publicly known. There was some hints around that time about it, and some of the terms around GP expanding onto PS (and Switch) did come out around the court cases and such.

When Phil and co. Were talking about Bethesda, they specifically said they would release titles wherever Gamepass was - that was a specific signal about their desires to expand onto other HW, just as long as GP came too.

Realistically, are the chances of the older Gears or Halo appearing on PlayStation very likely in your opinion?

Loope

I don’t. He’s a prick. A phoney. He has a repulsive arrogance I find unappealing. Each to their own but it’s disappointing to see my fellow Xbox brothers and sisters give him donations.

I remember he once said to someone who simply said they didn’t like Sea of Thieves in a polite manner

“No one cares what you have to say”
What? People donate to these? WTF?

You don't need to "support" anything; they are just corpos that want your money only. You also don't need to rebuild your library; you already have your Xbox library to play with if you want; you don't need to buy the same games again elsewhere.
I want it all on one box. Even if I just spend an extra 300 a year on dirt cheap stuff, I will rebuild it in a decade. I'm done with chasing consoles. Both Sony and MS successfully alienated me this gen. I will likely still get Switch 2.

If GP continues I'll sub. Thats also cheaper on PC.

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
Maybe the new strat is, get everything on as many devices and platforms as possible. But it's not really new for Microsoft, that was their defining strategy very early on with DOS and all that - they didn't do hardware but they made sure their stuff was on everything.

MS Office on Linux, come on Satya make it happen

MS shouldnt quit hardware market, even if their games go multiplattform...Series S specially is more or less popular option here in latin america, because it brings the "next gen" multiplattform popular games experience with thew lower cost of a next gen systema on market...Yes, you had to sacrifice graphics, storage and lack of exclusives, but can play AAA next gen games like Tekken 8 or Alan Wake 2 with decent visual quality, and also have Gamepass to enjoy a great catalogue of next gen and last gen games, incluiding some Xbox own popular franchises like Forza, Halo, Gears and soon Hellblade 2....All of this for less price than a PS5 and even lesser than a proper gaming PC....So not bad deal...They should stick with that chepar next gen console model on this and further generations and even make it Windows compatible in order to play PC games too..... also maybe release a powerful and expensive console capable to face PC gaming just for niche console market, just like the original Xbox was.....I mean attack on market segments where PS is not (cheaper next gen console for basic stuff and more powerful and expensive system for enthusiast that brings high PC gaming experience with the perks of console gaming).

Top Bottom