• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer finally address shortages issues, Says Series X stock has been resolved. New Series S in Black for $349.

FyXF2FvWIAkywb1

Just mentioned at the showcase. Phil Spencer confirmed the Series X stock issues but also revealed that he has resolved them. They are also producing a new more expensive Xbox Series S, the difference being it's going to be colored in black instead of white and a 1TB SSD..

Last edited:

feynoob

We will have to see the numbers first. If they remain the same then either shortages persist or demand isn't there. Nice to see the new S get a bump in SSD size.
At least it will get increase numbers once starfield hits. After that it's going back to shit.

They ducked up badly by not releasing any of their first party games this year.
2023 has nothing aside of Forza and starfield.

At least it will get increase numbers once starfield hits. After that it's going back to shit.

They ducked up badly by not releasing any of their first party games this year.
2023 has nothing aside of Forza and starfield.

Well it shouldn't go to crap if it's a desirable product. It's got gamepass and plenty of 3rd party support.

Kilau

Gold Member
Maybe they’ll announce a Series X Starfield theme to show how much inventory has improved.

Codes 208

Been resolved for awhile. It was weird seeing him say that, where have I seen this before?
The Series S has been well in-stock about halfway into ‘21, I remember the massive flux of trade-ins and returns because so many people didnt realize it was digital only. the series x became easy to find mid ‘22. The ps5 became widely available last october (thats when the massive production dropped, at first places like gamestop and bestbuy were bundling them with controllers but by November that mandate was dropped and you can now simply walk in and buy one without anything attached.)

Been resolved for awhile. It was weird seeing him say that, where have I seen this before?
The fact is, now that he has made this statement in public, he now has to prove that it was the (or part of) problem. I'm willing to give him summer since they don't have anything of note, but I say questions need to be answered if we don't see sales improvement after September.

Codes 208

Uh, isn't the Forza bundle more expensive than the standard PS5?
Same price as the gow and mw2 bundles, which are now mostly sold out

Which also kinda irked me, the gow bundle was $10 off because it $560 instead of $570, but forza is $60 so youd think the xbox bundle would be $550

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I don't think the issue was stock shortage but ok, Phil.
I thought that too, but every time I looked this year I could only see bundles for the X or out of stock whereas there were plenty of PS5s around. So supply was not really meeting demand in my limited checks. This doesn't mean that there is not a demand issue too, just that I couldn't have bought an XSX easily without Forza but could easily bought a PS5.

If he really wanted to show off that the X stock has been replenished, he should have had a trailer for a white Series X.

Not sure what a $350 Series S is going to do even with the storage increase. It's still the same weak machine as the white one. There was an overabundance of S so I don't understand the strategy of making more of something you already are overflowing with. in Europe that's going to be over $400 which is being sent to die. No one in Ireland is going to buy a Black S that costs more than the white one they already don't want.

Ozriel

M$FT
And? I've seen it in stock many times. The series S has also been consistently in stock. If you want an xbox series console you've been able to get one.

'limited stock' is not the same as 'never in stock'. And it makes no ounce of sense for you to bring up the Series S here when this thread is about Series X availability.

Here's NowinStock's tracker for the Series X. You can see availability history here

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
'limited stock' is not the same as 'never in stock'. And it makes no ounce of sense for you to bring up the Series S here when this thread is about Series X availability.

Here's NowinStock's tracker for the Series X. You can see availability history here

The point is if you really want one you've been able to get one. Phil is full of it. Maybe you can't grab one off the walmart shelf but that's been standard for this gen.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
The point is if you really want one you've been able to get one. Phil is full of it. Maybe you can't grab one of the walmart shelf but that's been standard for this gen.

So basically, stock has been limited so far. Certainly the Series X doesn't have the broad availability of the PS5 at the moment.

"if you really want one you can get one" doesn't rule out stock shortage. Not exactly rocket science

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
So basically, stock has been limited so far. Certainly the Series X doesn't have the broad availability of the PS5 at the moment.

"if you really want one you can get one" doesn't rule out stock shortage. Not exactly rocket science
Limited in what sense? You can get one off amazon right now. You've been able to get one off amazon for a long time. GameStop, Target. It's not rocket science.

Top Bottom