• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: Starfield being 30fps is a "creative choice", not a hardware issue.

Cyberpunkd

It's not a lie, though. It's the issue of Bethesda's pile of garbage they call Creation Engine.
If only one was a company of huge resources able to develop a new engine...

no end in sight fox GIF by MasterChef Junior

Nahh, I warned people Jan of last year Starfield needed another year and Phil pushed it to get out by holiday and the actual people working on it wanted more time

maK9RvI.png
I don't know who you are. Maybe you're right. Maybe you're not. Ppl here tend to respect you as a source so I'll keep my mind open and I'll def give you a look when you say things in the future and I'll make my own judgment about ya. Cheers

You should specify which Xbox, because people were convinced that this is a series s issue, before Spencer's appearing with his typical pr garbage. Going by the fact that update is not affecting series s, people were right?
If ppl were saying the series S couldn't do 60fps and it is not part of this 60fps update then YES those ppl were right!

I wasn't involved in this response, but leave it to the weakest posters to call people Phil and Todd boot lickers just because they have an opinion that happens to be positive for ms.
Lame.

This is literally "Won't somebody think about the poor multi-trillion company ?!"

PS : Some of you are so zealously invested in these companies that you feel personally persecuted at the slightest critique.
You've basically invented the Sony and Nintendo too®, the xbox tax® and other cute - now en vogue - meme-able quotes.

Absolutely zero discussion to be had, everyone is an enemy®, everyone is disingenuous®, not only that but you also have zero self-awareness in that you only seem to find fault with other people's opinions but not yours, everyone else is a fanboy (besides of course the likes of you).

And it's not your post that necessarily sparked my response The Duck, i've been taking a look at the other thread (40/60fps patch) and it's like, the usual 5-6 people have come out of the woodwork to do the same song and dance trying to defend the undefendable when people point towards the obvious (game was pushed out earlier than it should/PR bullshit that people ate up etc).

IFireflyl

Gold Member
lol i swear do people even play games on this forum? This is by far the most polished bethesda game ever made and one of the most polished game releases on both consoles and PC last year. Phil delayed the game by a year to make that happen.

3HaravZ.jpeg

I think I have played Starfield enough to be able to say the game was not great. It was touted to be the next Skyrim. It wildly missed the mark. There were a ton of bugs, and you can easily find memes for them. The story sucked. The gameplay was alright. It had some awesome moments, but just enough to make me wish the game had a million more of them so it could be one of the G.O.A.T.s.

It's only saving grace is mod support, although that can't really take off until the Creation Kit gets released. Skyrim has mods which enhance its inate greatness. Starfield needs mods to become great. Again, this is coming from someone who got all of the achievements, and who sank over 325 hours into the game the month it was released. That comes out to something like 12 hours a day of playtime. I gave it more than a fair chance.

Shin-Ra

They're adding things lots of people have asked for / complained about. "Literally no reason to be positive about this".

surprise wtf GIF
It’s nowhere near as extreme as, say, Master Chief Collection but you’re congratulating them for fixing or improving what could reasonably be expected to be delivered in the game at launch.

What’s actually bizarre is that games that launch in a super-complete, polished state don’t get all the additional follow-up press, forum chatter keeping a game in the news cycle but the messy games (with enough ‘followers’ that care) get the undeserved attention.

It’s fucking sad.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
This is literally "Won't somebody think about the poor multi-trillion company ?!"

PS : Some of you are so zealously invested in these companies that you feel personally persecuted at the slightest critique.
You've basically invented the Sony and Nintendo too®, the xbox tax® and other cute - now en vogue - meme-able quotes.

Absolutely zero discussion to be had, everyone is an enemy®, everyone is disingenuous®, not only that but you also have zero self-awareness in that you only seem to find fault with other people's opinions but not yours, everyone else is a fanboy (besides of course the likes of you).

And it's not your post that necessarily sparked my response The Duck, i've been taking a look at the other thread (40/60fps patch) and it's like, the usual 5-6 people have come out of the woodwork to do the same song and dance trying to defend the undefendable when people point towards the obvious (game was pushed out earlier than it should/PR bullshit that people ate up etc).

How is standing up for people being personally attacked for having an opinion feeling sorry for the trillion dollar company?
I know it wasn't my response that sparked your post.

As much as you are supposedly annoyed at people having another opinion, it's equally annoying to always see people like you label comments as biased or fanboy or whatever crap regardless of the viability of the position taken. And somehow you are the BS police who gets to decide whats a viable arguement and whats not. You have decided that anyone with a positive xbox comment is some sort of frothing low self esteem one console owning loser. Maybe instead stick to an actual arguement of the facts next time.

Top Bottom