• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut Japan introduces dessert pizza topped with caramel and marshmallows

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Introducing Pizza Hut Japan's Caramel and Marshmallow Pizza:

Japanese candy brand Morinaga Milk Caramel is joining forces with Pizza Hut of all people for a limited-time-only dessert pizza: It's topped with almond slivers, miniature-but-colorful marshmallows, and a drizzle of milk caramel sauce. Just in case that sounds too sweet, there's also a savory end bite thanks to a cheddar cheese crust.

http://www.morinaga.co.jp/caramel/fes2014/menu/pizzahut/

6JWbcxR.jpg

DiscoJer

Am I the only one that read it as "camel" (and "desert" pizza)?

I was trying to figure out how marshmellows fit into that.

- J - D -

Except for the cheese, it sounds like a fairly boring, standard dessert. Even the cheddar cheese inclusion isn't weird if you consider that many Americans eat their pie with a slice of cheese on top.

Mortemis

Banned
Honestly, with this coming from Japan I expected something a lot more gross than that. Those marshmallows look gross though and I wouldn't touch that.

I find it strange how American marshmallows are far inferior to the ones sold in Australia. I'd be more curious if they used Pascall marshmallows... mmmmmm.

They had a similar thing at Papa Johns in the UK a while back, very thin crust with chocolate sauce and these weird chocolate button things. I liked it!

chaosaeon

Isn't there already a better dessert pizza, at dairy queen, with some kind of cookie crust, ice cream as the sauce and chocolate bar pieces as toppings ?
55-off-at-dairy-queen-777722-regular.jpg

treatzza-pizza-3-new_2_.jpg

Pizza hut just pulled a Michaelangelo and said screw it.

slit

Marshmallows and Cheddar cheese.....what a magic combination.

Also, everyone who thinks marshmallows are gross can all jump in a cesspool.

Kart94

Banned
Would be better is it was just fudge instead of Marshmellows. Also cheddar crush with marshmellows? Yuck

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I really like a lot of Japanese pizza hut topping choices, but this is where I draw the line.

Oh please you prudes you've probably had worse confectioneries.
I doubt it. I rarely eat desserts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom