• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut Introducing the Triple Treat Box This Holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to be too critical, but as a huge Pizza Hut fan, I'm kinda disappointed. It's a decent deal, but there already exist better deals that you should really know about.

First of all, the $10 dinner box is the best deal in pizza, hands down. One Alexander Hamilton will get you a medium pizza, five breadsticks/flavorstick and ten cinastix. A while back they introduced the $20 dinner box to complement this, featuring two medium pizzas and our choice of a.) five breadsticks and pasta b.) five breadsticks and eight wings or c.) another medium pizzas. Can't argue with that. These deals have been around 24/7 for the last few years, just waiting for you to order.

And I get it, you know. This new deal looks good on the surface. But we've seen this before. We've had a great $20 deal in the past. I'll give Pizza hut some credit on this one - the packaging looks very impressive. The concept of a triple-decker pizza case is revolutionary, and I hope others follow suite. But what kind of bums me is that this is what we're stuck with for the next few months from Pizza Hut. They just finished up their Twisted Crust Pizza deal, which was a must-buy. Before that was the innovative hotdog crust pizza. They've been changing the game just so often that I guess it was only a matter of time before they'd start running out of new ideas.

But hey, I still have faith. It seems like the Hut always has a few tricks up their sleeve. I'm still waiting for those mini cheeseburgers on our crust like they have overseas. Until then, I guess this deal will have to suffice. And to be fair, I could totally see this Triple Treat Box being a hit at holiday office parties. Grab the kids or the gang together and share a slice of 'za. Can't go wrong with that.

But I digress. I really think that the next frontier in pizza is crazy crust flavors. Pizza Hut is notorious for pushing the envelope in pizza crust. Calling it right now, bacon mac 'n' cheese stuff pizza made with real Kraft cheese. The day those come out I'll be calling the bank to take out a loan or two.

Pizza Hut just shot themselves in the foot?

I thought it was "Triple Threat" box. Heart attack, diabetes, indigestion.

You're not going to get a Heart attack or diabetes from eating one of these, even if you ate the entire triple threat in one sitting you'll be good. If you ate a triple threat every day for a year then you may be in danger.

sigh....

such an extravagant usage of cardboard.

The trees, man - the trees. Does nobody give a damn anymore?

We have tree farms that produce lumber, paper, and cardboard. These tree farms would not exist without demand. We're not chopping down virgin forests to create pizza boxes like LIBERALS want you to believe

Exodust

Banned
They sell this in Saudi. Had some about 5 months ago. It was OK, I guess.

Pizza Hut tastes like Pizza Hut wherever you go.

Scavenger

Nah it's what we call good livin'.

B3BEIlp.jpg
I crave pizza no more

Nice. Three crappy pizzas instead of one. Pizza Hut has been crap ever since they changed around their menu for the crust/flavor nonsense and killed off the p'zone.

The light is coming at it from the front. Why would you see shadows?
the light is coming from the left-front, and there's no sense of "distance" between the pizzas and the top of the drawers. the top-most pizza especially just seems like it's flat pressed against the underside of the box-top. trust me it's a tiny detail to have an issue with, but eh, i do this kind of thing for a living. designer should've added a slight drop shadow effect to push the food down "into" the box more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom