• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 offline - trophies?

RagnarokIV

Moving crib and shit sucka place ain't got no net yo shit be ragin'

I won't have internet for about 2 weeks or so. In that time, if I play on my PlayStation 5, will I be able to unlock trophies as normal?

On the original Xbox One I had an external HDD connected which was known to kill the console's WiFi and when the console was offline, no achievements unlocked! Went through the whole fucken TellTale Walking Dead games (a second playthrough on One version to pad my gamerscore) with nothing to show for it.

How usable is the PS5 while offline?

Last edited by a moderator:

RagnarokIV

Yes you can unlock non-mp trophies offline
Thanks!
ps5 and steam yes, xbox no but they should pop as soon as you re-connect. Should.
Family Guy GIF by Eternal Family

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Yes, you can unlock them and they save on the console side. You won’t be able to sync them until you have internet though.

On PlayStation. I am unsure on Steam and Xbox.

Last edited:

graywolf323

Yes, you can unlock them and they save on the console side. You won’t be able to sync them until you have internet though.

On PlayStation. I am unsure on Steam and Xbox.
Steam it will, if you go into offline mode though it won’t show your playtime

now if you logged into Steam and then lost your internet connection, it will track playtime

edit: it’s why I don’t even bother with offline mode on my Steam Deck, I don’t get why they have it set up that way 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:

Papa_Wisdom

Not to derail the thread but I had an issue with fallout 4 Xbox achievements not popping, had the manual save just before whatever it is I was had to do to get it then reload and do it again, usually popped the second time. Was annoying.

Top Bottom