• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2016

ZeroAKA

K7AYese.png

The PlayStation Network Thread is a monthly discussion thread for everything related to PlayStation systems, with a focus on PSN games and updates.

JHNpXIO.png

• Abzu (PS4)
  • Batman: The Telltale Series Episode 1 (PS4, PS3)
  • Gal Gun: Double Peace (PS4, Vita)
  • No Man’s Sky (PS4)
  • Bound (PS4)
  • Dungeon Punks (Vita)
  • Read Only Memories (PS4, Vita)
  • Deus Ex Manking Divided (PS4)
  • Madden NFL 17 (PS4, PS3)
  • The King of Fighters XIV (PS4)
  • Assetto Corsa (PS4)
  • Attack on Titan (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • God Eater 2: Rage Burst (PS4, Vita)
  • Hatsune Miku Project Diva X (PS4, Vita)
  • Resident Evil 4 (PS4)
  • Verdun (PS4)
Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (NA/EU).
See a more comprehensive list of future releases at PSNStores.

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:
  • Tricky Towers, PS4
  • Rebel Galaxy, PS4
  • Yakuza 5, PS3
  • Retro/Grade, PS3
  • Patapon 3, PS Vita
  • Ultratron, PS Vita, PS3, PS4

WQhwkXV.png

• Quote to view and add yourself to the PSNGAF friend list (hidden behind email tags).
  • PM me to get an invite to the VitaGAF Line group.
Please post in this thread or PM me if you have any suggestions to improve this OP

Edit: Haven't been here in awhile. Hello and happy August, guys.

Considering Abyss Odyssey: Extended Dream Edition for $7.49 US. Anyone out there interested in playing this co-op?

Zhao_Yun

Not much for me in August.
I am interested in Diva X, but after buying Future Tone I don't feel like buying another Diva game so soon.
I really like the aesthetics of God Eater 2, but I have problems getting into Hunting games.... should I give it another try?

Other than that I am planning to work on my backlog this month. Main objective is to play Trails of Cold Steel before the sequel releases in the West.

autoduelist

So it's pretty much official, my vita died. Or, at least, it won't turn on and there is no charging light... so I guess there's a .0001% chance just the light is broken. Naw, it's dead.

So that's $150 out the window, which I don't actually have [a daughter on the way in Nov.] so I don't know what to do.

In much better news, despite having been underwater for about two minutes as I tried to find him, the spider revived. I thought he was done for, but one leg was moving for a bit so I dried him off and kept him safe. 20 minutes later I checked on him and he moved a leg again, then curled up like he died. I let him be for another 20 minutes, then checked on him again and he decided he could move, and got up on my hand so I took him outside to a safe place, where he promptly scuttled off.

So.... not a complete loss, which makes me happy even if my Vita had to die in the process.

Saphirax

So it's pretty much official, my vita died. Or, at least, it won't turn on and there is no charging light... so I guess there's a .0001% chance just the light is broken. Naw, it's dead.

So that's $150 out the window, which I don't actually have [a daughter on the way in Nov.] so I don't know what to do.

In much better news, despite having been underwater for about two minutes as I tried to find him, the spider revived. I thought he was done for, but one leg was moving for a bit so I dried him off and kept him safe. 20 minutes later I checked on him and he moved a leg again, then curled up like he died. I let him be for another 20 minutes, then checked on him again and he decided he could move, and got up on my hand so I took him outside to a safe place, where he promptly scuttled off.

So.... not a complete loss, which makes me happy even if my Vita had to die in the process.

Did you put your Vita in a bag of rice?

autoduelist

Did you put your Vita in a bag of rice?

Yes.

After it got wet, I thought I had turned it off, but when i went to put it in the bag of rice it was 'bugging out' -- like someone was in the system randomly swiping the screen. The power button didn't work -- holding it down did not power down the machine. the touch screen worked, though like i said as soon as you did anything other stuff would happen too.

I think it's just fried at this point. I had high hopes since it was still 'on' post-water but today it's just dead. I plugged it in for an hour or so, still doesn't turn on. It's back in the bag of rice just in case.

LoveCake

Just turned on my PS4 and it wasn't logged in, there was a new service agreement to accept, then some privacy questions about what to allow friends/friends of friends/anyone/no body etc to go through and then one asking if I wanted to connect facebook to my PSN.

Saphirax

Yes.

After it got wet, I thought I had turned it off, but when i went to put it in the bag of rice it was 'bugging out' -- like someone was in the system randomly swiping the screen. The power button didn't work -- holding it down did not power down the machine. the touch screen worked, though like i said as soon as you did anything other stuff would happen too.

I think it's just fried at this point. I had high hopes since it was still 'on' post-water but today it's just dead. I plugged it in for an hour or so, still doesn't turn on. It's back in the bag of rice just in case.

Ugh, that sucks :/.

So this month in PS land for me... not much really. I'll be getting Attack on Titan but only the Asian physical release which I believe is September 30th. So mostly it'll be Rainbow Moon on the 19th (LRG physical release) and then I treat myself to a game a month on payday from Play-Asia. This month it's between Ukiyo no Roushi and World Trigger: Borderless Mission (although Ukiyo is out of stock, bugger).

edit: Speaking of which, can anyone explain to me how ordering games from Amazon.co.jp works? Like, I remember reading they do overseas shipping these days. Can I pay with my UK debit card? Do I have to make an account on the Japanese site? How much is shipping?

RIP, sorry to hear that.

Grabbed Ape Escape 2, looks fun, new to the series!

autoduelist

So if/when I get a new Vita, what exactly is going to happen? I have the mem card from my dead one, with tons of games 'in progress'. Am I going to be able to create my account on this vita and put the card in? Or will i have to wipe it?

I hate this feeling. I have so many digital games and love[d] my vita so much that i know i want/need one, but... $$$. I can't believe I got it wet. I'm not even mad at the spider, I'm mad at my dumb ass. Worse yet, tons of travel coming up and now no vita.

oh... and shiren! I was loving it! and now I can't play it.

EDIT -- also, does anyone know how Sony deals with this? A new vita is $150 on amazon, which I can't afford right now. Can i send in my white oled to sony and expect a white oled back? Anyone know how much the service charge is?

This month it's between Ukiyo no Roushi and World Trigger: Borderless Mission (although Ukiyo is out of stock, bugger).

Are any of these in English?

kevin1025

Banned
Abzu and Ape Escape 2 today have been incredible.

No Man's Sky and Deus Ex later in the month will be some more good times.

Add to that a couple of dollaroos for the flash sale, whenever that is, and this will be a fairly cool month! Hail August!

I'm also playing LittleBigPlanet Vita, and those that recommended it and said it's the best of the bunch have been right so far, I'm loving it!

quabba

So if/when I get a new Vita, what exactly is going to happen? I have the mem card from my dead one, with tons of games 'in progress'. Am I going to be able to create my account on this vita and put the card in? Or will i have to wipe it?

I hate this feeling. I have so many digital games and love[d] my vita so much that i know i want/need one, but... $$$. I can't believe I got it wet. I'm not even mad at the spider, I'm mad at my dumb ass. Worse yet, tons of travel coming up and now no vita.

oh... and shiren! I was loving it! and now I can't play it.

EDIT -- also, does anyone know how Sony deals with this? A new vita is $150 on amazon, which I can't afford right now. Can i send in my white oled to sony and expect a white oled back? Anyone know how much the service charge is?

Are any of these in English?

I think you just sign in psn on your new Vita plug in the Mem card and you'll be exactly where you left off. Just make sure you don't format the card during the set up process. It's been ages since I had to do this so hopefully nothing has changed.

autoduelist

$130 + taxes/etc to fix my white OLED vita. Plus a couple months.

Or $150 for a new LCD [black, yuck] vita which I could have in 2 days.

Can't afford either, but I think a new one is the better option overall. I don't know. I wonder if there is a market for white OLEDs that justifies the repair?

Flash sales are usually on the third weekend of the month (or second last, something like that).
Last month we had two though.

The second was just for one game, though. One 'real' one in the way most people mean it.

Cross-quoting from the last thread as there seemed to be a lot of interest. ^_^

If anyone's interested, here's August's PlayStation Vita release preview; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGR3dKJRl2U

Also, as for the OP release list you're missing Laser Disco Defenders from the 2nd and Alone With You on the 23rd (both Vita, not sure of other platforms). ;)

- Get the new Vita, and leave the the memory card out for now.
- Turn the new Vita on.
- Sign into your PSN account and activate the Vita.
- Turn the Vita off, and insert the memory card.
- Turn it on, and it should rebuild your database - your games once again available right after (if your memory card isn't fucked too).

PS; happy August everyone; let's try for more than 14 pages this round!

RK128

Cross-quoting from the last thread as there seemed to be a lot of interest. ^_^

Also, as for the OP release list you're missing Laser Disco Defenders from the 2nd and Alone With You on the 23rd (both Vita, not sure of other platforms). ;)

- Turn the new Vita on.
- Turn it on, and it should rebuild your database - your games once again available right after (if your memory card isn't fucked too).

I hope this month gets a lot of posts and I will try to post more often for sure :D!

Also in related Vita news, wrote my review on Gal*Gun Double Peace.

http://3wirel.lostsig.com/2016/08/02/galgun-double-peace-review-ps-vita-ps4/

I enjoyed the game despite my issues the touch screen elements. Very fun light game with a localization that honestly surprised me a bit :D! Has me excited for P*Qube's localizations for Vita this fall.

RK128

This month has a lot of great stuff coming, with one of my most anticipated Vita games releasing this month; God Eater 2: Rage Burst. I enjoyed the original PSP God Eater but after how much Names sold me on this and Resurrection, I'm super hyped to play both this month :).

I am also excited for the many indie games coming and Attack on Titian for Vita as well.

This month has a lot of great stuff coming, with one of my ost anticipated Vita games releasing this month; God Eater 2: Rage Burst. I enjoyed the original PSP God Eater but after how much Names sold me on this and Resurrection, I'm super hyped to play both this month :).

I am also excited for the many indie games coming and Attack on Titian for Vita as well.

Heh God Eater is good fun!

Looks like that man :D!

Going to be a blast playing this later in the month :).

I was really aiming at getting through all of Resurrection before GE2RB came out, but I'm afraid of burning out before then, especially since I've played Burst on the PSP days already. I'm 35hrs in but still way too far from the ending, and at this point I'm just itching to play the second iteration with all of the added content and systems.

RK128

I was really aiming at getting through all of Resurrection before GE2RB came out, but I'm afraid of burning out before then, especially since I've played Burst on the PSP days already. I'm 35hrs in but still way too far from the ending, and at this point I'm just itching to play the second iteration with all of the added content and systems.

Maybe you should consider dropping it for now and playing a game in your backlog :). We ALL have a lot of Vita things to play XD! So, pick a random game that you always wanted to play, but never got the chance to really sink your teeth into and have fun.

Doing that now with Oreshika and Grim Fandango Remastered in the next few days :).

Maybe you should consider dropping it for now and playing a game in your backlog :). We ALL have a lot of Vita things to play XD! So, pick a random game that you always wanted to play, but never got the chance to really sink your teeth into and have fun.

Doing that now with Oreshika and Grim Fandango Remastered in the next few days :).

Yeah I bought Shiren and was hoping to give it a fair shot. Lately though I haven't been doing so great and I haven't had the mental energy to play it past the tutorials. I downloaded Patapon 3 and all of the free expansions today too off of PS+, but idk if I'll be playing at all tomorrow again.

RK128

Yeah I bought Shiren and was hoping to give it a fair shot. Lately though I haven't been doing so great and I haven't had the mental energy to play it past the tutorials. I downloaded Patapon 3 and all of the free expansions today too off of PS+, but idk if I'll be playing at all tomorrow again.

I really want to play Patapon 3, as I never played a game in that series before. Such a great PSP game to put on Plus and a nice treat after getting 3 more months after my sub ran out early July :D.

I can completely understand life hitting you in the face.....the past few weeks has been a bit rough for me too :(. I honestly fell asleep for a few hours after feeling like crap around 4-5PM EST after traveling with family all day. Try to rest, relax and don't let things get to you.

I really want to play Patapon 3, as I never played a game in that series before. Such a great PSP game to put on Plus and a nice treat after getting 3 more months after my sub ran out early July :D.

I can completely understand life hitting you in the face.....the past few weeks has been a bit rough for me too :(. I honestly fell asleep for a few hours after feeling like crap around 4-5PM EST after traveling with family all day. Try to rest, relax and don't let things get to you.

Back when I was a kid I would be able to play games regardless of my mood, now I just can't. And honestly when I'm like this, I'd rather just watch a show or take a walk or something, instead of shoving games down my own throat. I'd rather enjoy games when I'm on the right mindset to do so, I'm sure many of us, yourself included, can agree with that aha

RK128

Back when I was a kid I would be able to play games regardless of my mood, now I just can't. And honestly when I'm like this, I'd rather just watch a show or take a walk or something, instead of shoving games down my own throat. I'd rather enjoy games when I'm on the right mindset to do so, I'm sure many of us, yourself included, can agree with that aha

I feel the same man. When I felt off these past few weeks, I still played games and stuff.....but I didn't enjoy them compared to how I normally do. But announcements like Sonic Mania/Sonic '17 and having a more active role with Social Media helped keep up my spirits a lot :).

Zephyx

I'm getting God Eater on launch. Waited for this for a very long time.

Will get Grand Kingdom if I ever have funds for it. Is it a good game by the way?

deadfolk

God Eater will be the first physical game I have bought for a very long time. The last one was unmentionable.

In other news, I just started Corpse Party at last.

Benedict

Have Sony stopped releasing "new" PsOne titles for PSN completely and concentrating on PS2 remakes for PS4?
Wish we could see Overboard!/Shipwreckers so I could play it on my Vita.
Think I only played the demo disc version on OPMUK, but many many times.
License wise I see no problem since it was made by Psygnosis

http://www.giantbomb.com/shipwreckers/3030-2940/

Ventara

Just maybe God Eater 2 for me this month. Abzu, No Man's Sky and Miku X will be picked up down the road. I think LRG is doing Read Only Memories, so I'll buy it from there when thye put it up.

autoduelist

- Turn the new Vita on.

Okay. That's good. If I fried my 64g mem card and Shiren I'll be so upset. I managed to destroy my vita and stay calm [i'm actually happy the spider survived].... I won't be able to get a Vita for awhile, but I managed to stay calm despite it being my Vita... I won't ever have a white OLED again, but I managed to stay calm.... But if my 64g + Shiren are also toast it'll be too much, the straw that broke the camel's back.

Glad to hear it should be easy though.

Saphirax

Okay. That's good. If I fried my 64g mem card and Shiren I'll be so upset. I managed to destroy my vita and stay calm [i'm actually happy the spider survived].... I won't be able to get a Vita for awhile, but I managed to stay calm despite it being my Vita... I won't ever have a white OLED again, but I managed to stay calm.... But if my 64g + Shiren are also toast it'll be too much, the straw that broke the camel's back.

Glad to hear it should be easy though.

I don't think you're calm.

:p

Top Bottom