• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2016

ZeroAKA

K7AYese.png

The PlayStation Network Thread is a monthly discussion thread for everything related to PlayStation systems, with a focus on PSN games and updates.

JHNpXIO.png

• Blazblue: Central Fiction (PS4, PS3)
  • Root Letter (PS4, Vita)
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (PS4)
  • Dishonored 2 (PS4)
  • Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)
  • Killing Floor 2 (PS4)
  • Amnesia Collection (PS4)
  • Darksiders Warmastered Edition (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy XV (PS4)
Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (NA/EU).
See a more comprehensive list of future releases at PSNStores.

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:
  • Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture, PS4
  • The Deadly Tower of Monsters, PS4
  • Dirt 3, PS3
  • Costume Quest 2, PS3
  • Letter Quest Remastered, PS Vita, PS4
  • Pumped BMX+, PS Vita, PS4, PS3

WQhwkXV.png

• Quote to view and add yourself to the PSNGAF friend list (hidden behind email tags).
  • PM me to get an invite to the VitaGAF Line group.

I will be Switch-ing to Nintendo next year, so the December thread will most likely be my last. Please PM me if you are interested in taking over the PSN thread.

maouvin

I will be Switch-ing to Nintendo next year, so the December thread will most likely be my last.

Yo.

Given how slow these threads have been, we might be able to roll with a yearly thread (just like Fady's) next year tbh.
Would still need someone to update the OP, of course.

Change to 100ppp and it gets even sadder!

That's too many posts per page for me, scrolling is my enemy. haha

---

While I'm here, these should be in the OP;
- Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization - November 8th
- Demetrios - November 15th
- Steins;Gate 0 - November 29th

Don't leave Zero! :(

Steins;Gate for me this month. Otherwise most of my stuff is from outside my own area - Asian-English version of Dragon Quest Builders (3rd); Asian-English version of SD Gundam (22nd) and Volume from LRG (4th).

ZeroAKA

http://i.giphy.com/LSmULmByAQHQs.gif
Don't leave Zero! :(
I haven't been too happy about Sony's decisions regarding Vita and PS4 Pro for a while now, and I sold my PS4 to build a PC over the summer. I'm also in the process of PhD applications right now, so my life will probably only get busier from here. If anyone wants to chat with me, I'm on VitaGAF Line and Steam (abstractchaos).

Yo.

Given how slow these threads have been, we might be able to roll with a yearly thread (just like Fady's) next year tbh.
Would still need someone to update the OP, of course.
That's a great idea, but I think whoever takes over this thread should ask a mod about it first.

Benedict

Divinity and Wasteland 2 are both on sale in EU. IGN complained about tiny text on Wasteland 2. Somebody know if that has been fixed?

Prelude.

I might be misremembering, but there's a way to set up your play-asia account to not get hit by customs fees, right?

Benedict

Bought both Divinity and Wasteland 2 just because the price and want to see how games like this works on console.
Have both on PC but not played them properly yet.
Bought Xcom for Vita and Ape Escape 2 for PS4 as well, both on sale in EU.

Saphirax

I might be misremembering, but there's a way to set up your play-asia account to not get hit by customs fees, right?

As far as I know you need to contact them and they'll mark down your package. However if something happens to said package you'll be screwed when it comes to refunds.

Does anyone know of a good EU compatibility list for PSP/PS1 games on Vita?

There's the Cheapassgamer one, but that's only for NA - I can't find anything about EU.

Alternatively, can anyone tell me if Metal Gear Solid Special Missions; Syphon Filter 2 and SOCOM Fireteam Brave 2 are compatible in EU? They're not on the Vita store, but I know the PS3 transfer method works for certain titles.

ahh, thanks for all the replies, guys. :)

Yeah, after looking at that I'm definitely gonna get it now. Loving all the Visual Novel love we're getting.

Then Steins;Gate after xD

For such a sparse release list, the month is actually packed full of big releases. Wondering whether I want to chance trying to play Watch Dogs 2 between Dishonored 2 and FFXV. Probably not.

demonkaze

So I have a problem connecting to PSN that I've never had before. When trying to connect I get the error ws-37397-9 and from what I've read it seems to be an IP ban.

I have no idea how I've got this or how to fix it, I tried resetting the router but it didn't do anything.

VITAlity #20 is now up, ready to catch you all up on the week's Vita news!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u-VvP_k494

---

So I have a problem connecting to PSN that I've never had before. When trying to connect I get the error ws-37397-9 and from what I've read it seems to be an IP ban.

I have no idea how I've got this or how to fix it, I tried resetting the router but it didn't do anything.

Turn off your router and leave it off overnight while you sleep. In the morning, turn it back on - most leases will have expired and you'll have a new IP.

Clive

need suggestion

Wild Arms 3 or Arc the Lad Twilight of the Spirits?

I enjoyed Wild Arms 3 a lot more but I tend to favor more traditional JRPGs over SRPGs. Never really enjoyed the Arc the Lad series past Arc the Lad 2 on the PS1. That one was great though.

need suggestion

Wild Arms 3 or Arc the Lad Twilight of the Spirits?

Wild ARMs 3 is the best game in the series. Arc Twilight of the Spirits is the worst game in the series.

Wild ARMs 3 is one of my favourite PS2 games. Arc Twilight of the Spirits is a game I forgot I owned until Sony announced they were porting it to PS4.

Make of that what you will :p

dracula_x

Wild ARMs 3 is the best game in the series. Arc Twilight of the Spirits is the worst game in the series.

Wild ARMs 3 is one of my favourite PS2 games. Arc Twilight of the Spirits is a game I forgot I owned until Sony announced they were porting it to PS4.

Make of that what you will :p

got it :) Wild Arms 3 then.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Need advice here, what game should I pick up for Xmas. I'll be going abroad for a month and will be bringing my Vita. I need a good game:

- Yomawari
- Exist Archive
- Steins;gate 0
- Root Letter

RK128

Need advice here, what game should I pick up for Xmas. I'll be going abroad for a month and will be bringing my Vita. I need a good game:

- Yomawari
- Exist Archive
- Steins;gate 0
- Root Letter

Will sum up each game quickly:
-Yomawari is a very enjoyable Silent Hill-esc horror title.
-Exist Archive is a well done JRPG that is a lot of fun based off impressions online.
-Root Letter I will have more solid thoughts on once I get my review copy of the game (will publish a first impressions post a day after I play the game).
-Steins;Gate 0 is a sequel game to the original Steins;Gate, so if you loved that and enjoy Visual Novels, you should like Steins;Gate 0

- Yomawari
- Exist Archive
- Steins;gate 0
- Root Letter
S;G0
Yomawari and Root Letter won't last a month and Exist Archive is just okay. Steins;Gate is looking like it shouldn't be missed.

RK128

S;G0
Yomawari and Root Letter won't last a month and Exist Archive is just okay. Steins;Gate is looking like it shouldn't be missed.

That is a good point Dandy; Yomawari isn't the longest horror game, so not a great purchase if you looking for a long game.

Top Bottom