• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2016

RK128

These threads have really died, huh?
2/3 of the way into the month and we're only at 200 posts

Sorry man :(. I normally posted a lot in the past but now only post a few times in the month now. Sorry for the thread getting slow man.

Flandy

Sorry man :(. I normally posted a lot in the past but now only post a few times in the month now. Sorry for the thread getting slow man.

I haven't frequented these threads at all in the past 2 years. Was just curious to see how it was doing. I wonder if its because the merger or just the Vita winding down?

Apologies if this is too far off topic, but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for must downloads that can only be found in the JPN or HK PSN store.

The HK store seems to be the middle ground between US and JPN having some Asia-exclusive titles in a format that is easy to navigate for English speaking players.

However, I would totally love to know if there are any must-play games in the Japanese store as well.

HK PSN is only good if you want one account. Or maybe if you can get HK cards very easily (or cheap, I guess) while not for the others. Or Chinese titles.

I don't know know what the current state of Asian PSN. But when I was actively looking into it:
1. It doesn't have US or EU sales.
2. It doesn't always have JP sales, but they do happen (like some Disgeaea ones many years ago). Seems to me like JP sales are more publisher-initiated than those "the droppings" thing in US or whatever.
3. Not all Japanese titles are there (PhotoKano is one example I remember). According to Aeana duckroll, listing is also weird.
4. If you're after Japanese titles, they are usually priced about the same as they are in JP PSN. Chinese and English ones are usually cheaper.

tl;dr = if you want only a single account, go HK PSN, otherwise, it's half-assed as a store.

You got them all banned, dude. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RK128

I haven't frequented these threads at all in the past 2 years. Was just curious to see how it was doing. I wonder if its because the merger or just the Vita winding down?

Between bans from simply talking about the Vita on the gaming side of Gaf, the gaming side of Gaf in general being far more toxic/stressful compared to the community side of the forum, people who got banned in the past (like myself) lacking motivation to post about the Vita anymore & just playing more games in general.

Been writing a lot of stuff now and between that & playing games, haven't been posting as much on NeoGaf as I used to.

VLiberty

It's got progressively worse due to the thread merging + the community kiss of death along with the massive waves of random bans in GD

I remember the Vita PSN and service thread was one of, if not the main reason I got into gaf. sad :(

to keep this thread a bit more alive - what are you playing these days on Vita & other systems? I'm slowing getting through Sly 2 and Gravity Crash Ultra. Actually it's my second run on both games, I've played Sly 2 back in the PS2 days for the first time but it's been a decade now and I don't remember a lot. One thing I forgot is how much the level design improves from the first two levels to the third one. Hopefully it keeps getting better.

As for GC, the first time I went through the game was on PSP, and I forgot so much about that game at first I couldn't even tell if it's a port or a new game lol. I'm enjoying it, probably a bit more than before as I'm going for the full exploration on every levels, while I think that I used to rush through the levels back in the PSP version

Flandy

HK PSN is only good if you want one account. Or maybe if you can get HK cards very easily (or cheap, I guess) while not for the others. Or Chinese titles.

I don't know know what the current state of Asian PSN. But when I was actively looking into it:
1. It doesn't have US or EU sales.
2. It doesn't always have JP sales, but they do happen (like some Disgeaea ones many years ago). Seems to me like JP sales are more publisher-initiated than those "the droppings" thing in US or whatever.
3. Not all Japanese titles are there (PhotoKano is one example I remember). According to Aeana duckroll, listing is also weird.
4. If you're after Japanese titles, they are usually priced about the same as they are in JP PSN. Chinese and English ones are usually cheaper.

tl;dr = if you want only a single account, go HK PSN, otherwise, it's half-assed as a store.

You got them all banned, dude. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hey now they were only temporary
One of them was in OT too!

And nothing of value was lost.
What did I ever do to you? :(
edit: Misread your post. Opps

On topic
Recently bought a stand for my Vita for $5. Looking at it on display made me want to pick it up again. Last time I really used it was when Danganronpa Another Episode released and even before then I hadn't been using it much. As was the case 2 years ago I still have a huge backlog so it's not like I don't have anything to play. Steins;Gate 0 is coming up too so I'll definitely be playing that

RK128

Want to share with you guys something I want to write about; Persona 4 Golden. Will be launching a special Retrospective covering the game later this week and will be posting it on my own little site. Will link to the Retrospective once its up :).

Wanted to share this, as Persona 4 Golden is THE JRPG for many Vita owners and was one of my first non-Mario JRPGs. You guys recommended the game to me and I want to talk about it :).

So, hope you all look forward to it and thank you all for your time. Have a fantastic night :D!

Chuy

Holy shit I haven't posted yet for this month

Pretty much for the reasons stated above yeah which is unfortunate.

It's got progressively worse due to the thread merging + the community kiss of death along with the massive waves of random bans in GD

I remember the Vita PSN and service thread was one of, if not the main reason I got into gaf. sad :(

to keep this thread a bit more alive - what are you playing these days on Vita & other systems? I'm slowing getting through Sly 2 and Gravity Crash Ultra. Actually it's my second run on both games, I've played Sly 2 back in the PS2 days for the first time but it's been a decade now and I don't remember a lot. One thing I forgot is how much the level design improves from the first two levels to the third one. Hopefully it keeps getting better.

As for GC, the first time I went through the game was on PSP, and I forgot so much about that game at first I couldn't even tell if it's a port or a new game lol. I'm enjoying it, probably a bit more than before as I'm going for the full exploration on every levels, while I think that I used to rush through the levels back in the PSP version
Literally the reason I joined GAF was because of the vita community here and even gave persona 4 golden a shot was because of how much praise I saw it got whenever I was lurking vita threads.

As for games i'm playing mainly using my PS4 as a overwatch machine with transistor thrown in every now and then. For my vita it's just became a straight up Trails in the sky SC machine. Hit the finale and just grinding for EXP at the moment.

RK128

The Vita Thread was the reason I got a Vita & wanted a NeoGaf account. Happy that I made it though, as I meet you guys and love the be part of the Vita community :).

Anyways, been playing a few games for review; Dungeon Punks & Alone with You.

Dungeon Punks is a beat-em' up with RPG element that while having a odd art style is a lot of fun. The different characters offer various combat and magic abilities & the levels are open-ended in level order; you get different tasks based on how you complete a mission.

Alone with You is the game I am in love with right now; it really is impressing me. Take adventure gaming but mix it with visual novel story telling & amazing production values (breathtaking pixel art & great music). I can't wait to share my review of the game later tomorrow and I hope you all consider giving it a shot.

Been playing some PS1 and PSP games too though. Going back to Spyro 3 and I really enjoyed my time with it. Seeing a dragon skateboarding is odd, but it works XD. Visually it looks great and its music is fantastic like past games.

Daxter was fun to revisit recently, same with Ape Escape: On the Loose. Both are great platformers and highly recommend them.

To be fair, August is a really dead month for releases. It's just going to pick up for the rest of the year, especially September!

I've been replaying Steins;Gate, this time on PS3. Just made it to the penultimate chapter, gunning straight for the True End. Then I'll go back and get the other endings and trophies and stuff.

Getting hyped for Steins;Gate 0!

RK128

To be fair, August is a really dead month for releases. It's just going to pick up for the rest of the year, especially September!

I've been replaying Steins;Gate, this time on PS3. Just made it to the penultimate chapter, gunning straight for the True End. Then I'll go back and get the other endings and trophies and stuff.

Getting hyped for Steins;Gate 0!

*Looks at your avatar*

I can tell you are excited :). Very happy you are enjoying playing through Steins;Gate man :D! And you have a good point about this month being sorta quiet for the Vita. But September onwards? Very busy month for the little handheld XD!

Massa

The other Vita thread has more than 400 posts in the month.

I don't understand why there aren't two separate threads, one for PS4 and one for Vita. Oh well.

I'll probably watch S;G0 in anime form instead, so that I can watch the story while getting through this busy gaming season. There is way too much else to play this Fall/Christmas. I trust in White Fox, if we look at their adaptation of the original game, which was spectacular, coupled with their most recent output Re:Zero which is also great, they are a studio that I trust when it comes to adapting material well.

RK128

I'll probably watch S;G0 in anime form instead, so that I can watch the story while getting through this busy gaming season. There is way too much else to play this Fall/Christmas. I trust in White Fox, if we look at their adaptation of the original game, which was spectacular, coupled with their most recent output Re:Zero which is also great, they are a studio that I trust when it comes to adapting material well.

Watched a few episodes of Re:Zero and damn.....I was impressed. THAT is great stuff :). Will keep an eye out for that anime, so thanks for the heads up about that Names :D.

Watched a few episodes of Re:Zero and damn.....I was impressed. THAT is great stuff :). Will keep an eye out for that anime, so thanks for the heads up about that Names :D.

I'm sure the ideal way to experience S;G0 will be playing the game of course. The anime will be great, I'm sure of that, but it's just an alternative to experiencing what is probably going to be a great VN on the Vita.

The other Vita thread has more than 400 posts in the month.

I don't understand why there aren't two separate threads, one for PS4 and one for Vita. Oh well.

Eh, mods wanted a cleaner thread... or less exclusive community... or something or the other. Forgot their reasoning, LOL.

What other thread are you talking about?

Even though the last page is about why the thread is like it is, I'm happy you guys even showed up for that. Like many of you the Vita thread was the reason I came to GAF, and I'm so disappointed in how horribly we've been beaten down (whether intentional or not).

I wish there was some way to revive it.

The real Vita Goty is " Zombies: The Last Survivor" incredible polished game

My actual GOTY so far is VA-11 HALL-A.

Even though the last page is about why the thread is like it is, I'm happy you guys even showed up for that. Like many of you the Vita thread was the reason I came to GAF, and I'm so disappointed in how horribly we've been beaten down (whether intentional or not).

I wish there was some way to revive it.

Yea I joined for Persona community thread. I dont go there anymore. The vita community thread/ community is great though. I think basically i need to avoid the non community gaming section because it is horrid with the NX, scorpio, neo, port begging going on.

Takao

Banned
The founder of Nicalis has just put up a Twitter poll asking about acceptance performance for BoI: Afterbirth on Vita. I voted 30fps because given their comments, there's no way they'd hit 60.

Massa

Eh, mods wanted a cleaner thread... or less exclusive community... or something or the other. Forgot their reasoning, LOL.

What other thread are you talking about?

I was thinking about the old PS3 community / "wrestler guy" threads which were completely killed. Now we have this Vita thread where people don't really talk about the Vita because it's technically not a Vita thread, and we have the odd poster showing up to discuss something PS4 related and it mostly goes without replies because this isn't a PS4 community.

It's just disappointing that what used to be such vibrant parts of this site were completely and unceremoniously killed by an uninformed decision from people outside of it.

I was thinking about the old PS3 community / "wrestler guy" threads which were completely killed. Now we have this Vita thread where people don't really talk about the Vita because it's technically not a Vita thread, and we have the odd poster showing up to discuss something PS4 related and it mostly goes without replies because this isn't a PS4 community.

It's just disappointing that what used to be such vibrant parts of this site were completely and unceremoniously killed by an uninformed decision from people outside of it.

lol, truth. I end up answering a lot of those PS4 questions though. =P

As spotted on /r/Vita, PEGI has rated Don't Starve: Shipwrecked for Vita. This has yet to be announced.

Worth noting that 21 days ago they said there was no plans for Vita support. Gonna be interested to see how this one turns out. I quite enjoyed Don't Starve.

Edit: And while we're on the subject of Klei, I know this is a complete pipe dream and the Vita will probably be long dead by the time it could ever happen, but I really wish Oxygen Not Included would come to it one day. The teaser doesn't show much yet exactly enough for me to know I really want it.

The founder of Nicalis has just put up a Twitter poll asking about acceptance performance for BoI: Afterbirth on Vita. I voted 30fps because given their comments, there's no way they'd hit 60.

I would be so happy if afterbirth came to Vita. BoI on Vita was easily my go to game last year. I spent so much time playing that game..

incpdo

So Claire: Extended Cut is already showing in the store but there is no option to buy it , release date shows august 30 but im already intrigued by it.

L.O.R.D

This is weird,usually every Tuesday there is special themed discount sale in the NA store
Before the flash sale there was no sales.
Now,still no special themed discount.

I don't where to post it, I hope this is the right thread.

For the first time in 3 years I just used my full bandwidth on my PS4, and the reason is so stupid and to me need to be addressed because maybe they can fix it. Hope it's not known.

I have an 86 Mbps connection, and on PC I download at 10MB/s. On my PS4, with a powerlink, if I'm very lucky, it will be 5MB/s at best but most of the time is 3MB/s.

I just went on the store and started downloading 2 BF4 DLCs. I went to see the list to pause one of them to get the "max bandwidth" (the usual 5 I hoped) with the other one. But they were BOTH downloading at 5 MB/s, which means I was downloading at full speed.
Now, if I pause one, the speed of the other does not improve at all, if I resume it, once again, they both download at 5MB/s. Tried the same thing with 2 demos: same result.

What kind of bullshit is this? So technically I can have full bandwidth on PS4, but not on single downloads because of a cap?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Things are slow in the upcoming games thread too, the difference is that the thread has 102 pages so you don't notice it.
It's summer, take it easy.

The thread about the ps4 neo and the psp-like device was closed because: "The meaningful rumors here have newer threads.", can anyone point me to those threads?

I always forget to transfer to the new month's thread. It's been almost the whole month this time. Looking forward to Cold Steel 2!

I'm not sure where to post this

PlayStation UK's Twitter switched their "visible" name to Pl_ySt_ti_n UK

is this a blatant tease of something I don't know (say, epic JRPG by name of Vowel Eater 20000) or what

maouvin

I'm not sure where to post this

PlayStation UK's Twitter switched their "visible" name to Pl_ySt_ti_n UK

is this a blatant tease of something I don't know (say, epic JRPG by name of Vowel Eater 20000) or what

It's a campaign for donating blood iirc. They took out the letters corresponding to blood types.

So, I just spend £26 in the EU PSN sale. Yeah, they really got me lol

Ape Academy
Arc the Lad 1
Downwell
Gex Deep Cover Gecko
GTA Liberty City Stories
Red Alert Retaliation
SEGA Mega Drive Collection
Tomba

No regrets. I only regret... that there isn't a 128GB Vita memory card for me to fit them all on.

Top Bottom