• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2016

Ventara

Shiiiiiiiiit! Just found out I forgot to add the PS+ games from October to my download list. Fuck me, that was actually a pretty good month. Damn, can't believe I forgot that. First time that I have.

e_i

Huh, every time I enter a PSN card code from Amazon, it doesn't work. Based on some reviews, others seem to be having problems with the codes.

Sondar

Has anyone played any of the Namco Museum Collections? The first volume is on sale at the moment & was wondering if they're any good.

pariah164

I just noticed FEZ is on sale; does it run well on Vita? A friend gifted me it on Steam, but I don't have a controller, and playing it on my laptop via keyboard is... not the greatest.

RK128

I just noticed FEZ is on sale; does it run well on Vita? A friend gifted me it on Steam, but I don't have a controller, and playing it on my laptop via keyboard is... not the greatest.

The game runs great on Vita; locked frame rate, tight controls and it pops off the Vita screen (more so if you play it on a Vita 1000)!

I have a PS3 USB controller and tinkering around with the settings normally makes it work on most Steam games. But unless you have a 360 Controller or X1 controller, you need to know how to play games with Keyboard & Mouse.

Mikey Jr.

Maybe not the right place but screw it.

I want to get a game.

Rise of Tomb Raider, or Dishonored 2.

Which should I get?

Anyone here ordered the Shovel Knight Vita cart?

And more importantly - have any of you still not had shipping notification yet? UK gamer here and still not got mine.

Sondar

Anyone here ordered the Shovel Knight Vita cart?

And more importantly - have any of you still not had shipping notification yet? UK gamer here and still not got mine.

Order placed in June - not shipped.
Order placed last Friday - SHIPPED.

:/

FDC1

Arcade Archive Contra is now on the free to play section on the french store. Is it wanted or is it a bug? It seems it's the full game, i can see the trophy list on my profile.

deadfolk

Anyone else having PSN (EU) issues?

Was using the web interface, and it just came up with 'Sign-in failed' and signed me out. I wasn't attempting to sign in - I was already signed in. Signed back in okay, and then a minute later it does the same thing again.

Saphirax

Was using the web interface, and it just came up with 'Sign-in failed' and signed me out. I wasn't attempting to sign in - I was already signed in. Signed back in okay, and then a minute later it does the same thing again.

Had the same issue a few weeks back, along with a few images refusing to load. Waited a day and it resolved itself. It's probably something on Sony's end.

Sometimes the store bugs out for me, usually it works again after clearing cache and sony/psn cookies. Worth a try

Dumb question. Is there a way to back up saves to USB - not the cloud - without having the profile signed into a PSN account?

I previously lent my system to a friend to play the Uncharted games. I'm now transferring my stuff to a new PS4 and I was hoping to back up their saves on their PSN-less system profile just in case, but it's seemingly stopping me from even creating local save backups without being signed into an account.

(Edit: Eh, I'll just make a dummy account and sign in with it. Weird limitation but whatevs)

dracula_x

PSN Europe

xoSi62W.png

Has PlayStation Store on computers changed substantially in the past couple of days or is it just because I'm browsing from a different laptop?

Seems more mobile friendly yet much more difficult to navigate.

Chuy

Has PlayStation Store on computers changed substantially in the past couple of days or is it just because I'm browsing from a different laptop?

Seems more mobile friendly yet much more difficult to navigate.
It's not just you. Using it today to browse the sale and it looked different from usual.

where did everyone go in this thread?
Between volunteering and studying I've got literally no free time to myself at all lately.

On that note: Torn between which game I should give priority between with the little free I have: World of Final Fantasy or Cold Steel 2?

RK128

where did everyone go in this thread?

Sorry for not popping up here, but I think everyone migrated over to the Upcoming Vita Games Thread regarding Vita discussion :l.

I know that I've been very busy lately between college assignments and 3WIREL coverage, so sorry for not posting here guys :(.

I also want to say that after talking with Zero, I will be taking over future PSN threads in for 2017! I hope I do a great job with the OP like Zero does.

Between volunteering and studying I've got literally no free time to myself at all lately.

On that note: Torn between which game I should give priority between with the little free I have: World of Final Fantasy or Cold Steel 2?

I would recommend World of Final Fantasy, as based on the demo I played of the game, it is a really well-done RPG with a lot of charm and character. Names2Hard4You gave Cold Steel 2 high praise in the past, so I can recommend that game as well based of his recommendation. Both are damn solid JRPG's, so just pick the once that most suits you I guess :).

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I think asked this before but oh well.

I'll be flying to my brother's place next month for a month long vacation. He has a PS4. Problem is I want to resume my playthrough of FFXV and TLG over there.

1. Can I hook up my account in his PS4?
2. Can I transfer my saves via PS+ and resume my game there (or is there another way without using PS+)? I'll be bringing my games along.

RK128

I'll be flying to my brother's place next month for a month long vacation. He has a PS4. Problem is I want to resume my playthrough of FFXV and TLG over there.

2. Can I transfer my saves via PS+ and resume my game there (or is there another way without using PS+)? I'll be bringing my games along.

The answer to both questions is as long as you log into your PSN account on your brothers PS4, it should work with little issue. Even the PS+ save will work, considering you can transfer them over to the system.

Kudo

If you don't have PS+, you can transfer the save files to USB stick:
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/data_system.html
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/data_usb.html

Chuy

I would recommend World of Final Fantasy, as based on the demo I played of the game, it is a really well-done RPG with a lot of charm and character. Names2Hard4You gave Cold Steel 2 high praise in the past, so I can recommend that game as well based of his recommendation. Both are damn solid JRPG's, so just pick the once that most suits you I guess :).
I'm most likely going to continue with World of Final Fantasy. It took ~84 hours for me to beat the first one and ten hours in I feel like I just barely started the game while 8 hours in for WoFF I feel like I've made actual progress.
Also WoFF is charming as hell and just kinda enjoyable to play

Kudo

Can this work when I login my account in my brother's PS4 and download the save via a USB?

I see no reason why it wouldn't, when you hover over the option it even says "You can copy it from the USB storage device to a friend's PS4 and continue using the application" .
Just make sure you have the USB working correctly on your own PS4 that you see the saves there after copying them there, stick needs to be formatted to exFAT or FAT32 but can't remember if PS4 does that for you.

Saphirax

I just realized that the ps3 version of Class of Heroes 2G was a thing. Then I saw the price (both physical and digital versions) and I died a little on the inside. No EU release either.

I just realized that the ps3 version of Class of Heroes 2G was a thing. Then I saw the price (both physical and digital versions) and I died a little on the inside. No EU release either.
I've only seen it go on sale digitally once and that was earlier this year for about $25.

RK128

Honestly, I've given up hope for this thread, and the Vita thread seems awkward to post most stuff in, so I'm just kind of floating around in the nothingness of GAF. :/

I'm sorry you feel that way man :(.

If anything, I really don't post on Gaf myself anymore (using Twitter and 3WIREL to discuss stuff). The Upcoming Vita Games thread is a great place and this thread used to foster a really large community.

I guess many either migrated to the Upcoming Games Thread or just gave up talking about the Vita. Either way, I will try to make this a livelier thread in the future.

RK128

My review on Root Letter is live!

http://3wirel.lostsig.com/2016/11/24/root-letter-review-ps-vita-ps4/

I greatly enjoyed my time with this one and sorry for the review taking so long guys :(.

Edit: My interview with Fabrice on Demetrios is up!

http://3wirel.lostsig.com/2016/11/2...emetrios-the-big-cynical-adventure-pcps-vita/

I had a great time talking with him about his enjoyable adventure game :D! Expect a preview on the title to release next week and my full review on the game to come out on December 6th (when the game launches).

I greatly enjoyed my time with this one and sorry for the review taking so long guys :(.

I'm doing a review for it on TVL. I've actually platinumed the game before I've written the review, lol.

Btw, nice interview. Didn't know the game was original a Broken Sword fan game!

RK128

I'm doing a review for it on TVL. I've actually platinumed the game before I've written the review, lol.

Btw, nice interview. Didn't know the game was original a Broken Sword fan game!

:D! Can't wait to read your Vita Lounge Review man :)!

Love reading your reviews!

Yasumi

Banned
I'm kind of overwhelmed with games at the moment. I was only planning to get Fairy Fencer F this weekend, but Tales from Borderlands was only $1, so I got that too.

Then I was out today, and saw Borderlands Collection for $15. I'd never played any of the games before, so that seemed like a good deal. Grabbed that.

Then I got home and saw I'd won a Vita copy of Root Letter in the Gematsu caption contest. DL'd that. Think I'm going to devote myself to Root Letter for now and work my way through. First worldiest of problems.

Top Bottom