• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for October: Hot Wheels Unleashed, Injustice 2, Superhot

Hoppa

Hot Wheels is one of those games that I know I’ll probably like but would never buy, same with the Lego games. Happy that I’ll get the chance

Injustice 2 is an awesome game but it’s permanent bargain bin fodder these days. MK11 is more recent, on PS5 and is always on sale, they should’ve put that on instead (unless they already have?).

Agent X

I've played all three games before, and I can assure you that they're all quality games that are worth your time.

Injustice 2 and Superhot were available through PlayStation Now previously, which is where I originally played them. I'll be happy to add them to my personal "collection" on PS Plus.

Hot Wheels Unleashed is the highlight of the month for me. This is currently one of this month's "free" games on Luna for Amazon Prime members. I hadn't played it before, but decided to give it a try, and was pleasantly surprised It's an arcade-style racer that's easy to pick up and play, looks great, and is packed with plenty of cool Hot Wheels cars to discover.

A couple of my Luna streaming sessions were affected by lag. During those instances, I wished I could play this game locally without having to stream it. Well, it looks like PlayStation Plus has come to the rescue! :messenger_grinning:

If you've got Amazon Prime and have the ability to access Luna (in the US...not sure if it's available anywhere else yet), then you might want to give Hot Wheels Unleashed a quick spin there as a "preview" of sorts, before it's removed from the Prime list in a few days.

Esca

Don't sleep on hot wheels people. It is a great arcade racer. You'll spend most time racing you'll be drifting as much as possible building up and using your boost, lots of great vehicles to choose from and a large amount are very competitive while changing their boost, handling, etc

It has a good size single campaign, track creator, and lively maker so lots of community stuff.
Give it a chance

Justin9mm

To be honest, I have none of these and they are all meant to be decent so I guess it's a good month for me but I expected a good horror and possibly better value offerings. I dunno.. I'm ok with this month I guess, it's definitely not the worst month of the year by far.

Neolombax

Tried the hot wheels game on trial, its a solid arcade racing game. Car models are really good and the track and environment look good too.

Injustice 2 is a solid fighting game, played it during launch. Im guessing this is the base game only without the dlcs?

So do they not announce the Ps+ extra and premium games the same day anymore?
Spreading the attention over at least two announcements seems way better.
Making a clear distinction between your basic service, which many only have for MP, don't care about the games and your game flatrate seems logical, makes it clearer who is getting what, which games are yours to keep and which might disappear from the service.
Let's see what they do with Premium going forward. People seem to be really confused about its value and that's partially certainly a self made problem trying to put PS4 Remasters and PS1 garbage into the top tier. They either have to merge Extra and Premium entirely, which is a headache since Premium paid a bit more for a lot more games, or detach Premium/classics as one or several plattform specific independent tiers, ie. return to quasi PS Now for some people.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Yeah… nothing of fancy for me but fill yer boots for those that like these games.

Edit: deffo ‘shocktober’ innit?

I’ll get my coat.

Last edited:

Ezekiel_

Banned
Gordon Ramsay Food GIF by Masterchef

bitbydeath

Hot Wheels is great.
I just unlocked K.I.T.T.
Highly addictive game, will probably buy some of the DLC later in support.

Waiting for the Premium list to drop before resubbing, my membership expired last week and my 3 months upgrading to Premium weren't all that impressive beyond that first batch of games (Wild Arms, Ape Escape, Tekken 2 etc). This month's announcement will have to *really* wow me, otherwise I'm good with Extra for the next year.

a kindergarden racing game, capeshit and a who-gives-a-fuck game is "pretty good" in your book. More power to you, hope you enjoy playing these fine free™ offerings.
Just because you have shit taste, doesnt mean other people have to agree with said shit taste.
Adios!

vivftp

when is the extra and premium content being announced? this week right?

Announced on the second Wednesday of the month and released on the third Tuesday of the month. September was an oddity and they seem to be back to their normal announce pattern now for the Extra/Premium games.

Fbh

Tried Hot Wheels yesterday and enjoyed my time with it
It's a pretty fun arcade racer with enjoyable gameplay and nice visuals. The hard difficulty feels a bit cheap though as cars that supposedly have lower speed ratings than mine are blasting past me even when I'm going at top speed using turbo on a straight line.

Also "free"on a service feels like the right price as it doesn't shy away from trying to sell you microtransactions and DLC. They have you opening loot boxes before you even get to the main meny the first time.

Top Bottom