• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation showing up at broken ps3 trophies on PS5

Wait, did PS3 games not normally show up? I just synced my trophies and it took a weirdly long time, then I scrolled down and PS3 and Vita games show up with their labels.... Did they not previously? I really don't even remember.

Wait, did PS3 games not normally show up? I just synced my trophies and it took a weirdly long time, then I scrolled down and PS3 and Vita games show up with their labels.... Did they not previously? I really don't even remember.
I don’t remember either, I also checked and they are all there, but I never paid attention before.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
My sister literally sent me an image over an hour ago of my trophies showing this exact same thing.
Thought it just her's being messed up.
Guess not.

Edit, btw PSvita and PS3 Trophies has always shown up in your trophies.

Last edited:

Cornbread78

Yeah, they have always shown up and match PSN profiles:

hYAaIPD.jpg

I found one reddit thread from a year ago where apparently it was not possible but it's reddit so take it with a grain of salt.
Edit : link, look at the last post.
Yeah I think they always had them as well. I think it was the other way around, I remember PS3 didn’t show PS4 trophies, but PS4 would show your PS3 trophies. Probably works the same with PS5. But who knows, I’d be more excited about backwards compatibility if Uncharted servers were still up. Not to say I wouldn’t love it either way.

Last edited:

Agent X

I think it was the other way around, I remember PS3 didn’t show PS4 trophies, but PS4 would show your PS3 trophies. Probably works the same with PS5.
I think there was a brief period shortly after the PS4's release where PS3 (and maybe PS Vita also) couldn't show PS4 trophies. They've definitely been there for several years now.

PS3, PS4, and PS Vita are all incapable of showing PS5 trophies.

boomcrab

This could potentially be something exciting. My gut tells me that this coupled with those ps3 games that were popping up on the store mean Sony is testing some stuff on the server side. With the recent news everyone is talking about and the Spartacus rumors, we might be in store for a nice surprise. Hoping so anyway

Patrick S.

Banned
When I still had my PS4 Pro I used to be mad at Sony because they didn't have PS3 compatibility and I couldn't play the dozens of games I still had anymore.

But at some point I noticed that I don't really care about PS3 games. Most of the multiplatform games were better on Xbox anyway, and the few remaining exclusives I don't care about or I can emulate them on PC.

In fact, I still have a box of PS3 games I want to sell. Problem is, the hassle of putting them up for sale and then haggling over a few cents of discount with people who barely speak my language really sucks, and I'll probably end up just letting them rot in my basement.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Yeah, they have always shown up and match PSN profiles:

hYAaIPD.jpg
uDyRCQD.jpg

In a show of solidarity here's my unfinished games.
Fucking monster hunter; I'm sure it gets better but that beginning. Same with immortals and outriders.

Anyway there's too much smoke for this not to be something. Spartacus is cumming

Top Bottom