• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation State of Play | August 6th 2020 | NO MAJOR PS5 ANNOUNCEMENTS

Yeah! Starts in ten minutes! 😁 😁

They have been killing it this gen, I hope they announce one last PS4 game gem to close the generation

No way I'm gonna drill my head with that song until the show starts

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I wonder if they are going to announce the date of the next show by the end of this SoP.

Honestly, I bet they stick with their standard line they've used towards the end of the last two shows... #Soon.. or.. We're very excited to share more with you in the coming weeks/months...etc.

ArcticEasyAfricanpiedkingfisher-size_restricted.gif

Abear21

Banned
Direct quote from the link:

“We’ll have a few PS5 game updates on third-party and indie titles you last saw in June’s PS5 showcase.“

At least it’s something!

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Only 45k people watching, PS5 am doomed.

That many people tuning in because they can't fathom there will be nothing of a "big" PS5 announcement no matter what Sony tells them. Any nugget of info. The thirst is real!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can't wait to see someone post the "look... it's fuckin' nothing" gif

MastaKiiLA

I'm so glad I'm a night owl. My gf and I regularly stay up to 5 or 6am watching movies, so these 3am start times for PS events is actually a walk in the park. Got my vodka and...um...vodka, and my vape ready for a boatload of PS4 games I can't play, because I don't have a PS4 anymore. I'm literally just tuning in for any PS5 morsels that get shown. Idle and merge game keeping me occupied on my phone during the down moments.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
30 seconds....

jshackles

Crash first up!

jshackles

cosmetic skins, no microtransactions. Nice!

MastaKiiLA

IMO, Crash really hasn't aged well. The look feels so dated when I consider how R&C looks on the PS4. If you told me this was a PS3 game running in enhanced mode, I'd believe you.

jshackles

"some new PS5 gameplay too!"

Hitman 3 next

CamHostage

Seems like this show is using tons of gameplay and maybe a couple of these using Developer Walkthough dialog (it's what a lot of Nintendo Direct events use as well.) So fewer games (and essentially no PS5,) but for the games that are good that interest you, they'll get a depth dive and lots of playthrough time.

That Color NG+ stuff looks awesome in Crash, BTW.

Last edited:
Top Bottom