• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Trophy Club

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
52949131272_03062ab0e5_c.jpg

#91 - Chasm: The Rift

This game is pure nostalgia for me and it holds quite a few childhood memories i fondly remember. I had a big smile on my face when this suddenly popped up in the PS Store about two weeks ago. Not a flawless game but i certainly love it. And even more so since i acquired the Platinum.

Well i did it but this was much harder than i thought. Downright infuriating. The trophy "Insane Time Traveler" demands that you play the game on the highest difficulty, without dying and only using your starting weapon.

Dying isn't a problem since you can save at any time. In fact, quick save and load is mapped to the D-Pad and the loading times are nealy instant. Hard difficulty is what starts to make this one tough since the game throws a crazy amount of enemies at you. On many instances there weren't even enemies on normal in some parts or just a single one whereas on hard it had ten times as much in some occasion. And of course, killing all of these with the damn shotgun you have from the start is hilarious. Well it has infinite ammo. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

However...

This is a prime example as to why i love going for the Platinum.

I needed to master the gameplay. Strafe Jumping and to kite around the goons like a madman, baiting enemies into traps and hazardous environment, triggering attack animations to your advantage. Half way through i felt incredible, for raising my skill level and getting a much better understanding of everything the game has to offer, making it all the more valuable. Together with the trophy for the speedrun this rooted my love for the game even deeper.

I was forced to play the game completely differently. I would have never done that if it wasn't for the trophy.

52934863726_e59c20e4da_b.jpg

52934266722_a64d6ea870_b.jpg

52934266692_da33b41068_b.jpg

52949131242_6ec2a9436e_b.jpg

Last edited:

TexMex

Loving the game but leveling seems fucking pointless…

Anyone here else agrees?

52949131272_03062ab0e5_c.jpg

#91 - Chasm: The Rift

This game is pure nostalgia for me and it holds quite a few childhood memories i fondly remember. I had a big smile on my face when this suddenly popped up in the PS Store about two weeks ago. Not a flawless game but i certainly love it. And even more so since i acquired the Platinum.

Well i did it but this was much harder than i thought. Downright infuriating. The trophy "Insane Time Traveler" demands that you play the game on the highest difficulty, without dying and only using your starting weapon.

Dying isn't a problem since you can save at any time. In fact, quick save and load is mapped to the D-Pad and the loading times are nealy instant. Hard difficulty is what starts to make this one tough since the game throws a crazy amount of enemies at you. On many instances there weren't even enemies on normal in some parts or just a single one whereas on hard it had ten times as much in some occasion. And of course, killing all of these with the damn shotgun you have from the start is hilarious. Well it has infinite ammo. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

However...

This is a prime example as to why i love going for the Platinum.

I needed to master the gameplay. Strafe Jumping and to kite around the goons like a madman, baiting enemies into traps and hazardous environment, triggering attack animations to your advantage. Half way through i felt incredible, for raising my skill level and getting a much better understanding of everything the game has to offer, making it all the more valuable. Together with the trophy for the speedrun this rooted my love for the game even deeper.

I was forced to play the game completely differently. I would have never done that if it wasn't for the trophy.

52934863726_e59c20e4da_b.jpg

52934266722_a64d6ea870_b.jpg

52934266692_da33b41068_b.jpg

52949131242_6ec2a9436e_b.jpg

And the third person to get it too!!

Stray - the 500th plat.

Not a hard plat by any means, and probably at this point everyone has it already. But as a cat person, it is really a good way to wrap up the 500th plat. The gameplay and story are simple and nice, but the art and level design, and the cat animation and interaction really shine. Overall, a short but sweet game, liked it very much.

buloRc8.png

jlPOm9k.jpg

marcincz

#38 - Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse
Very nice adventure game with good riddles and story.
Easy platinum trophy.
BS5 is currently on huge sale. 1 or 2 $ for this game is bargain.

Con-Z-epT

#92 - Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon

A cool genre mashup and an addictive game. Very hard early on but difficulty can be adjusted to a certain degree and most of the challenge stems from the fact that you need to learn the game first. The game keeps getting better and better until you rush through it in a zen like state.

Platinum is straight forward. Unlock every character and play through the game with each one while trying to get the real ending. Each character has a special ability and a trophy tied to it. And then some miscellaneous stuff.

Very charming and fun game!

53047501651_db2e7c60e3_b.jpg

53047683444_a77483e78f_b.jpg

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
foXkI0R.jpg

#221 - Twisted Metal 2

Could just be the muscle memory but this thing plays shockingly well.

Nice! I hope they add the rest of the series soon as well. Love Twisted Metal. Just wish I could have gotten the platinum for the PS3 game before it shut down. Despite my best efforts, continued glitches with MP stopped me from getting most of them.

TexMex

Nice! I hope they add the rest of the series soon as well. Love Twisted Metal. Just wish I could have gotten the platinum for the PS3 game before it shut down. Despite my best efforts, continued glitches with MP stopped me from getting most of them.

If I could just get Black with a platinum I’d be happy, I just don’t see it happening considering it’s already available in another capacity.

NjXUV5D.jpg

Not gonna lie, got the plat with the assist mode enabled. However, this time I don't really feel that ashamed, lol, because the flawless boss trophies still require quite planning and execution, the biggest difference is that you can re-try checkpoints as much as you like, making it much less stressful.

About the game, I am genuinely impressed how an indie game can offer so many varieties in gameplay and make the combat feel extremely impactful. Huge shout out to the dev. I played like 30 hours in 4 days and got plats on both PS4 and PS5, also finished all 5BC true endings and still want more. Consider purchasing the DLC bundle now.

TexMex

NjXUV5D.jpg

Not gonna lie, got the plat with the assist mode enabled. However, this time I don't really feel that ashamed, lol, because the flawless boss trophies still require quite planning and execution, the biggest difference is that you can re-try checkpoints as much as you like, making it much less stressful.

About the game, I am genuinely impressed how an indie game can offer so many varieties in gameplay and make the combat feel extremely impactful. Huge shout out to the dev. I played like 30 hours in 4 days and got plats on both PS4 and PS5, also finished all 5BC true endings and still want more. Consider purchasing the DLC bundle now.

One of my favorite games period. I don’t think any 2d game out there feels and moves quite as well.

I got the plat too, didn’t use assist mode but I did do a fair amount of save scumming which is basically the same thing.

do it jewish GIF

No for real, all of them are exceptionell!

Is there DualSense support for the PS5 version? Haven't tried it yet since after playing this to insane extends on PS4 and phone i can't see myself starting a third time.
Yes, there is Dualsense support but imo this time it is better off. There is no in game option to adjust the adaptive trigger level and sometimes there is simply too much resistance, I remembered there were two times I died because I didn't press the R2 trigger hard enough to use the skill, lol.

Pf2RZAE.jpg

tfJidvX.jpg

#222 - Rogue Legacy 2

Can’t say enough good things about this one. Bought this on Xbox, Switch and now all the way on PS5. Incredible game, glad to finally have the plat for it.

Congrats on the feat, mate. Have you thought about giving the original a try?

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Honestly can’t hack it. I used House Rules to get through some of this once I was around NG+3, and I don’t think those are available in the original.

Unsure what House Rules are, but Rogue Legacy is frustrating to platinum. I have tried a number of times over the years and the best I can do is get one of the secret versions of hte bosses and 3/4 of the bosses killed. Often times I would spawn into a room and immediately get hit :/

It is a very unfair game. I heard the sequel was much improved in almost everyway.

Unsure what House Rules are, but Rogue Legacy is frustrating to platinum. I have tried a number of times over the years and the best I can do is get one of the secret versions of hte bosses and 3/4 of the bosses killed. Often times I would spawn into a room and immediately get hit :/

It is a very unfair game. I heard the sequel was much improved in almost everyway.
"Unfair" you say? Hmm, sounds like an interesting platinum to attain.

TexMex

House Rules are basically damage modifiers. It isn’t god mode but you can adjust the amount of damage you both deal and take (up to a cap) as well as some other beneficial things. Works both ways, you can also use them to make the game more difficult.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
"Unfair" you say? Hmm, sounds like an interesting platinum to attain.

Best of luck to you if you try it! The hardest trophy is Thanatophobia - beat the game without the architect in less than 10 lives. Kill all 4 major bosses then deal with the final boss. Given the lack of upgrades, your attacks against bosses are essentially smacking them with a wet noodle.

Con-Z-epT

#93 - Quake II

I played so many retro shooters this year and this feels like the cherry on top. I'm in retro heaven! Although i prefer the first Quake in terms of setting and atmosphere this is objectively a wonderful game and a stellar port from Nightdive Studios. Really tempted to get the Platinum for the PS4 version in addition.

The Platinum itself is very easy and a surprising contrast to Quake's platinum that feels out of reach. Nothing tied to difficulty and no miscellaneous trophies. Only 13 trophies for finishing individual chapters of the original game and the additional missions. In fact you can skip 90% of the extra missions through level select but you would miss out on some of the best content the game has to offer.

53116059964_3541766286_b.jpg

Zheph

I got it on Wo Long : Fallen Dynasty

They patched it and now you know what you are missing in each missions which greatly helped

(Not sure if the screenshot is mandatory but I can fix that)

Kerotan

Q4KbG8c.jpg

#161 Killzone 2 which is such a proud plat for me. Got this game Day 1 over 14 year's ago but finally manned up and took on the elite channel. After getting all the online trophies back in the day this had to happen.

#160 World at War. In this case I finally manned up and took on the veteran challenge 15 year's later. Literally half my life. Crazy.

DeepSpace5D

TWJdU8G.jpg
Vkq2uVH.jpg

How’s it going guys, I just wrapped up Elden Ring. Incredible game. Staggeringly large and grand in scope. From start to finish, it felt like ones of the most epic journeys I’ve had in a game. Some of the locations are truly awe-inspiring, with brilliant level design. The cutscenes are stunning and the boss battles are epic. I even felt the side stories and cast of npc characters were more fleshed out than previous Fromsoft entries, with some very tragic and somber outcomes if you see them through to the end.

Highly recommended 👍🏼
WneB9qC.jpg

Last edited:

TexMex

3BkIKcZ.jpg
2wSzEFV.jpg

#224 - A Boy and His Blob Retro Collection. Literally first in the world to get this on PS5. This is the game that got me into gaming. Still one of my favorites of all time (collection includes the game boy sequel). I have sealed original copies, tons of A Boy and His Blob junk. I always joked that I’d be first if this game ever showed up on PlayStation. Well someone got the right and I’ve been excited for a year or so waiting for this to drop. LRG (I know, I know) did a physical release and I couldn’t help myself. Got the disc in the mail before this went live on PSN (the listing is there, should go up any day now) and I 100% both games from muscle memory. Thrilled to have it, probably my favorite plat ever now. Love this game.

Last edited:
The resident evil series was never super hot to me, I played all the main line games but never plat any.

But this time the RE4 Remake is truly fabulous, the moment to moment gameplay, the stunning graphic , the enthralling level design, and the memorable characters, it just clicked with me so good.

As for the platinum, Capcom releasing mercenaries and the upgrade ticket has made it much easier yet still delightful experience.

The game would be a serious GOTY contender but this year is just too crazy....
mLLgnP3.jpg

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

bpNg5M9.jpg

Fun little trip down memory lane. The original feels pretty dated and rough around the edges, but I was impressed with how quickly you can fall back into the groove after an hour or two of playing.

I will admit I was dragging my heels to finish the game by the time I had beaten it with half the roster. The exact same levels repeatedly started to get tiresome, and the original doesn’t have the same payoff that the sequel and other future titles had with the real twisted and interesting Calypso endings. The endings in the original are overall pretty bland and uneventful. There were supposed to be live action endings for each character in the original, but they were cut from the game before release unfortunately. At least the lost endings can be watched on youtube.

Coincidentally, around the same time as I was finishing up the game, I saw this podcast had released yesterday about the making of it. Has some pretty cool information I never knew about the game previously, if anyone is interested.

Fp9unz2.jpg

drganon

bpNg5M9.jpg

Fun little trip down memory lane. The original feels pretty dated and rough around the edges, but I was impressed with how quickly you can fall back into the groove after an hour or two of playing.

I will admit I was dragging my heels to finish the game by the time I had beaten it with half the roster. The exact same levels repeatedly started to get tiresome, and the original doesn’t have the same payoff that the sequel and other future titles had with the real twisted and interesting Calypso endings. The endings in the original are overall pretty bland and uneventful. There were supposed to be live action endings for each character in the original, but they were cut from the game before release unfortunately. At least the lost endings can be watched on youtube.

Coincidentally, around the same time as I was finishing up the game, I saw this podcast had released yesterday about the making of it. Has some pretty cool information I never knew about the game previously, if anyone is interested.

Fp9unz2.jpg

If you're interested in more twisted metal stuff, there's this series of YouTube videos interviewing Jaffe all about the series.

On another note, I got platinum number 21 with this game called Slipstream. Really fun outrun/ridge racer arcade racer I got for $9.

Con-Z-epT

53173566316_524c0c81c5_b.jpg

#95 - Armored Core VI

Next to the System Shock Remake the best game i played this year. Just no filler or unnecessary clutter. Straight up action with fancy set pieces and a lot of depth through customisation. Even after the Platinum there is so much i haven't tried out in terms of building a mech. I will keep playing.

Hardest part would be "The Perfect Mercenary" trophy which requires you to S rank every single mission in the game. 2/3 of these aren't to hard and the rest takes a bit of dedication. It needs to be said that acquiring S ranks is insanely satisfying and brings a level of difficulty to the game that is, in fact, needed.

Can't praise the game enough...

Last edited:
53173566316_524c0c81c5_b.jpg

#95 - Armored Core VI

Next to the System Shock Remake the best game i played this year. Just no filler or unnecessary clutter. Straight up action with fancy set pieces and a lot of depth through customisation. Even after the Platinum there is so much i haven't tried out in terms of building a mech. I will keep playing.

Hardest part would be "The Perfect Mercenary" trophy which requires you to S rank every single mission in the game. 2/3 of these aren't to hard and the rest takes a bit of dedication. It needs to be said that acquiring S ranks is insanely satisfying and brings a level of difficulty to the game that is, in fact, needed.

Can't praise the game enough...
Happy If You Say So GIF

Congrats on conquering the platinum. The greater the challenge, the sweeter the victory.

Btw, great to see some tough plats on this page. Giga respect to Bartski Bartski and Kerotan Kerotan for their accomplishments.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member

Blasphemous 2 done! Very straightforward plat compared to the first game, nothing is missable and an alternative ending being a choice at the final boss save with no obscure, lock out conditions.

Speedrun trophy also rather relaxed which can't be said about its equivalent in blasphemous 1 where it's only one I'm missing...

Overall the game is far less punishing than its predecessor, with the exception of the pre-final boss which is the only real git gud moment.

Speaking of which

WZ0LVbI.jpg

S ranking all missions is THE hardest requirement FromSoft came up with for a regular trophy EVER. I'd say it's the most challenging feature of any of their games, outside self-imposed challenge runs, right next to the mortal journey gauntlet in Sekiro.

TexMex

Blasphemous 2 done! Very straightforward plat compared to the first game, nothing is missable and an alternative ending being a choice at the final boss save with no obscure, lock out conditions.

Speedrun trophy also rather relaxed which can't be said about its equivalent in blasphemous 1 where it's only one I'm missing...

Overall the game is far less punishing than its predecessor, with the exception of the pre-final boss which is the only real git gud moment.

Speaking of which

WZ0LVbI.jpg

S ranking all missions is THE hardest requirement FromSoft came up with for a regular trophy EVER. I'd say it's the most challenging feature of any of their games, outside self-imposed challenge runs, right next to the mortal journey gauntlet in Sekiro.

I bounced off the first Blasphemous but have been wanting to try the second. Nice to hear there’s not a ton of missables like the last game.

Kerotan

FCw1AyZ.jpg
#163 Ratchet and Clank All 4 one.

Me and my buddy streamed this ps3 game through ps premium. Very fun experience and challenging too.

Probably the second last ps3 plat I ever get. GTA 4 would be the last.
Scratch that I just realized ratchet Q Force which I played this abomination on vita years ago before quitting thanks to the nauseating 20fps actually has a much improved ps3 version and it can be streamed through premium. So I'll probably plat that aswell as GTA 4.

DeepSpace5D

rGAMmqY.jpg

Been playing the excellent GT7 off and on since release and just finished. A recurring thought I’ve had after having spent a decent amount of time with it: It’s funny how this game can make me feel such a contrast, from completely relaxed to incredibly stressed, depending on the activity.

For example I boot the game up, the world map is so pleasant to look at. I can check out my cars in my garage and read up on the history of them. Take one out and tune it at the shop, give it a wash and detail, customize the look, maybe go to scapes and snap some photos, see what new arrivals are at the dealerships. Very chill stuff.

OR

I can hop into Sport Mode and race online where I’m trying to hold the lead on the final lap, another player is right on my tail, and I can literally feel myself gripping the controller so tight that I fear for its well being. Going for gold in a S-class license test or circuit experience lap and missing the mark by a fraction of a second is as heartbreaking as dying to a boss in a Fromsoft game with one hit of its life remaining.

But I guess its cool that you can make it as casual or serious as you like, from never touching the online to competing in e-sport tournaments for real money. I will likely keep this one installed well into the future, as I still haven’t had a chance to try it in VR!
QIgDbF4.jpg

Con-Z-epT

rGAMmqY.jpg

Been playing the excellent GT7 off and on since release and just finished. A recurring thought I’ve had after having spent a decent amount of time with it: It’s funny how this game can make me feel such a contrast, from completely relaxed to incredibly stressed, depending on the activity.

For example I boot the game up, the world map is so pleasant to look at. I can check out my cars in my garage and read up on the history of them. Take one out and tune it at the shop, give it a wash and detail, customize the look, maybe go to scapes and snap some photos, see what new arrivals are at the dealerships. Very chill stuff.

OR

I can hop into Sport Mode and race online where I’m trying to hold the lead on the final lap, another player is right on my tail, and I can literally feel myself gripping the controller so tight that I fear for its well being. Going for gold in a S-class license test or circuit experience lap and missing the mark by a fraction of a second is as heartbreaking as dying to a boss in a Fromsoft game with one hit of its life remaining.

But I guess its cool that you can make it as casual or serious as you like, from never touching the online to competing in e-sport tournaments for real money. I will likely keep this one installed well into the future, as I still haven’t had a chance to try it in VR!
QIgDbF4.jpg

My game of the generation after more than a decade of absence from "sim racing". Still play it daily and with great pleasure. Just doesn't get old. And next to the Returnal thread the GT7 thread sparked the greatest joy in me after joining GAF.

Top Bottom