• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2: 13 new titles and launch lineup revealed

Boneless

Not a big racing fan but GT7 in VR sounds cool, but then I guess for the full experience Id need a steering wheel.

Ar¢tos

Unless you're blind in one eye you should be okay though? I have a high astigmatism and I've been able to enjoy VR. I do get severe motion sickness though.
Hmmm how important is peripheral vision for VR?
I have none on my right eye due to losing a fight with gravity from a 1st floor balcony...

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
GT7 confirmed to the the full game.

Goodbye real world.

Legit excited for that. Can't wait to play the game in VR. VR for racing games is so needed these days, especially for sims.

Too bad I have to wait until late this year to pick one up. Just too pricy to buy atm.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
They're actually pulling that shit with this? Man fuck that, definitely not getting one now.
Yeah for Rez and Tetris Infinite anyway. I think it'll be up to individual game publishers. I wouldn't be surprised if some have no upgrade path at all.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Is this the first (launch window) game confirmed to use eye tracking for dynamic foveated rendering (it's not like it will be the most impressive or anything but I guess we'll have to see how the redone cel shaded art style is, it was quite a low fi game previously) or are there more (post launch)?

Last edited:

Crayon

Is this the first (launch window) game confirmed to use eye tracking for dynamic foveated rendering (it's not like it willbe the most impressive or anything but I guess we'll have to see how the redone cel shaded art style is, it was quite a low fi game previously) or are there more (post launch)?

I figured everything would use it. There's no way Horizon could look tha good without it, at least.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I figured everything would use it. There's no way Horizon could look tha good without it, at least.
I've only seen eye tracking mentioned for lame things like menus/weapon selection before (also the gimmicky sounding Before Your Eyes newly announced from flat port), unless Sony has discussed it as being part of the PSVR2 SDK or something (which it should be, if not already then eventually)?

Last edited:

Crayon

I've only seen eye tracking mentioned for lame things like menus/weapon selection before (also the gimmicky sounding Before Your Eyes newly announced from flat port), unless Sony has discussed it as being part of the PSVR2 SDK or something (which it should be, if not already then eventually)?

Oh I had assumed the whole time it was in the sdk but I don't know for sure. Another example after horizon is resident evil. That looks way too good and I think may not be possible without it. GT7 might be able to be brute forced but the foveation is actually visible from what they showed so it's there.

Oh I had assumed the whole time it was in the sdk but I don't know for sure. Another example after horizon is resident evil. That looks way too good and I think may not be possible without it. GT7 might be able to be brute forced but the foveation is actually visible from what they showed so it's there.
could you trick the foveated rendering though? Like doing some funny shit with your eyes could show the cracks?

SLB1904

Banned
lFWCcPQ.jpg

Freeman76

PSVR2 is a victory for Sony.

Its definitely amazing tech thats for sure.

I'm surprised they havent announced any big projects for it though, I was expecting them to come out with some exciting announcements of games in development.

I put the cash aside for this last year, but so far I havent seen anything that makes me want one right away.

I wonder if the high price point, although clearly being good value for what it is, will make a lot of people wait a few months like I'm doing.

What concerns me, is no big announcements for games in the pipeline in the weeks leading up to it. If it sells low numbers devs will not be very confident in making big projects for it, and may be waiting to see how many sell before even starting work on games for it.

I bought the first one on release day, and was amazed by it, but most of the games were only short affairs, almost tech demos, and I lost interest in it. I picked it back up for Skyrim, but a lack of full length experiences or games with some depth at that point led me to lend it to my sister and she still has it, 2 years later.

I really hope we get some decent, full length games on the PSVR2, and that will be a reason for me to buy one. As it stands, GT7 is gonna be mindblowing but not something I will play much. RE8 for me wasnt as good as RE7, which on VR was incredible, what an experience, so I had my fill with that (played it 3 times in VR). The Kayak game looks incredible but again, not a system seller to me.

Having said all this, I know I will buy a PSVR2, I just dont feel compelled to yet.

Foilz

Banned
The best game in that lineup of PC/quest ports from 2 years ago is definitely demeo. That game is awesome. Also the mini golf game which I can't think of it's name.

The best game in that lineup of PC/quest ports from 2 years ago is definitely demeo. That game is awesome. Also the mini golf game which I can't think of it's name.
Preordered Demeo as soon as I could. Missed out on it on my Quest a couple years ago before I sold it. Can’t wait to jump in.

Top Bottom