• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

SilentUser

Thanks guys... i did a quick google search earlier and dont really see anyone saying Hurrah! Fixed! ... yeah i've reset the controllers multiple times reformatted and all that. It happens in any and every game. Maybe it's fixed now? I'll try and find time to mess with it later, busy with holiday stuff this weekend.
You probably tried everything listed here, but still might be worth sharing with you:

drezz

Ghost of Tabor went from Q4 2023 to 2024, and now Late 2024 with another studio doing the porting.

Hoped for Early 2024, but at least it will get more development time and content when it finally comes out.

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
Haven't seen ForeVR Bowl mentioned yet - it kinda looks like the Walkabout MiniGolf of bowling... maybe people just enjoy golfing more than bowling haha. But any impressions? Looks like it might be fun,.

So I saw a good sale for the PSVR2 on amazon market place by a seemingly okay seller.
Well, turns out, total scam.
Trying to get you to pay outside of amazon... quick contact with their service and yep, absolute bullshit... but they are still there... a blatant criminal act and the seller is not banned/blocked/shamed into oblivion...

Edit: Okay, did not look it up today. The seller is gone. At least that. Hopefully nobody fell for their scheme...

Last edited:

darthvargi

Haven't seen ForeVR Bowl mentioned yet - it kinda looks like the Walkabout MiniGolf of bowling... maybe people just enjoy golfing more than bowling haha. But any impressions? Looks like it might be fun,.
I have it on Quest not going to double dip but I wouldn't recommend it if you want a serious bowling simulator. Each ball has some "magical properties" such as avoiding the gutter or some crazy rotation. It's a fun game to play with friends and has a good amount of alleys but compared to Premium bowling the physics are too arcadey for me. Since it's the only bowling game currently on PSVR 2, I'd say get it if you really want "something" but be prepared for what it is.

drezz

Anyone know how this compares to Pavlov?
Pavlov is better, not that Breachers is bad doh!

Breachers does the ziping up and down walls great and usage of some fun gadgets, and the gun play is solid(Apart from the hybrid/Balanced reload option they have gone with).

But it has only 2 modes, Search and Destroy(Plant EMP on one of two sites) and TDM... TDM has only 1 map(That I know of).

Whiles Pavlov also has Search and Destroy(With less gadgets and less verticality) it works on every map AND every other mode(Many modes) ALSO work on every other map, with both day and night time.
The gun play in Pavlov is better then just about every other shoot in the VR space and has increadibly nice feel and sound to the guns.
Not to mention the fidelity is much greater on Pavlov, Breachers is easy to see is a Quest game with slim bells and whistles thrown in... but it has to, cause it IS a Quest 2 stand alone game; which has its ups and downs, and then needs the game to match as much as possible on all platforms for Balance!
Breachers biggest benefits is the big player base which comes with the audiance of Quest 2 standalone game!
High player count with crossplay on PCVR, Quest2,3,Pro and PSVR2.
And Pavlov only has Crossplay with PCVR, and PCVR like to enjoy their MODDED Pavlov instead, so not so many PCVR players fills the slots when playing Pavlov(Typically for me, I see 1 or 2 PCVR users during a span of 4-6 hours of PSVR2 SND play).

If you have to pick one! I'd say Pavlov Hands down.

But apart from money... I see no reason to pick up both!

Killjoy-NL

Pavlov is better, not that Breachers is bad doh!

Breachers does the ziping up and down walls great and usage of some fun gadgets, and the gun play is solid(Apart from the hybrid/Balanced reload option they have gone with).

But it has only 2 modes, Search and Destroy(Plant EMP on one of two sites) and TDM... TDM has only 1 map(That I know of).

Whiles Pavlov also has Search and Destroy(With less gadgets and less verticality) it works on every map AND every other mode(Many modes) ALSO work on every other map, with both day and night time.
The gun play in Pavlov is better then just about every other shoot in the VR space and has increadibly nice feel and sound to the guns.
Not to mention the fidelity is much greater on Pavlov, Breachers is easy to see is a Quest game with slim bells and whistles thrown in... but it has to, cause it IS a Quest 2 stand alone game; which has its ups and downs, and then needs the game to match as much as possible on all platforms for Balance!
Breachers biggest benefits is the big player base which comes with the audiance of Quest 2 standalone game!
High player count with crossplay on PCVR, Quest2,3,Pro and PSVR2.
And Pavlov only has Crossplay with PCVR, and PCVR like to enjoy their MODDED Pavlov instead, so not so many PCVR players fills the slots when playing Pavlov(Typically for me, I see 1 or 2 PCVR users during a span of 4-6 hours of PSVR2 SND play).

If you have to pick one! I'd say Pavlov Hands down.

But apart from money... I see no reason to pick up both!
Thanks. Thought it would be something like that.

Sounds good enough though, seems like fun and it's only €30.

Neofire

Yeaaah google it. There was a fairly big issue with the controllers not working right with the set. Lots of people complaining online and showing that sony support was stating it would be fixed via updates but that they could also trade in their entire package for an exchange if they wanted. I was hoping it would just be patched... ok i'll go down the rabbit hole again looking for updates.
I bought one for my son's Christmas and he's had zero issue with controller disconnect.

splattered

I bought one for my son's Christmas and he's had zero issue with controller disconnect.

I haven't had a chance to fire my set up and see if there are any updates i dont have and if issues are resolved... even at christmas time i have been very busy with work while the kids are home ahhh

SilentUser

Very interesting read about developing for PSVR2, specially when using Unity:
Basically, despite how the article is written, the biggest problem actually comes from Unity. Not really something new to us. Also talks a little about reprojection, which I dislike a lot, and Sony's QA.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Very interesting read about developing for PSVR2, specially when using Unity:
Basically, despite how the article is written, the biggest problem actually comes from Unity. Not really something new to us. Also talks a little about reprojection, which I dislike a lot, and Sony's QA.
Great article. Thanks for sharing.

PSVR2 has been a rollercoaster for sure, amazing games, broken games, fans raging on things via discord and then the same people white knighting the platform on Twitter to console war with Quest users. Embarrassing really.

This small community on Gaf is really the only VR group that I enjoy being a part of.

I hope studios can overcome these Unity issues and Sony offers more resources. Sony is so dumb with VR support. Make this baller ass headset and then make devs jump through hoops, it's like the Sega Saturn and PS3 all over again. Give us a beta system! That's what it is roughly half the time anyways for people who buy Day 1! Lol. I'm just glad the games are relatively cheap, helps the sting of VR jank.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
So just been playing Five Nights at Freddie's with the kids all afternoon on the VR2 and it's been an absolute blast, especially if you have young kids, lots of yelling, screaming and working together trying to figure out the mini games with quite a few jump scares, visually looks great, kids are filling me in on the lore defo worth it for a party game where you just pass when you die

fart town usa

Gold Member

It's only $9.99. Couldn't resist after I saw this screen on the store. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Haven't played it yet but will definitely share some thoughts when I get around to it.

t0z0Qis.png

Last edited:

aclar00

Finally got Zombieland a few days ago. Its pretty good, the gunplay is fairly accurate and havent experienced any hiccups, just not a fan of the reloading. I have to get used to it.

Other than that it def feels like an arcade experience that is lacking something, maybe another mode or two. Also a bit too fast paced.

Edit: Meant, is accurate.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
How is RE4 i VR is it worth it? I loved Village i VR.
Village was up there with the very best gaming experiences for me, absolutely loved it and RE4 is more of the same high quality resi evil VR, great graphics, dripping in atmosphere and that classic RE gameplay, so yeah definitely buy...

On another note, we have some friends round for a small new year's party so I set up the VR in the other room for the kids and fuck me the screams coming from the room with that 5 Nights in Freddie's game is hilarious, defo recommend that one if you have kids/party game

Last edited:

scydrex

It's awesome, so worth it. I loved Village also.

Village was up there with the very best gaming experiences for me, absolutely loved it and RE4 is more of the same high quality resi evil VR, great graphics, dripping in atmosphere and that classic RE gameplay, so yeah definitely buy...

On another note, we have some friends round for a small new year's party so I set up the VR in the other room for the kids and fuck me the screams coming from the room with that 5 Nights in Freddie's game is hilarious, defo recommend that one if you have kids/party game
Thanks. I was going to buy it physical in $30 but the price increased to $50. Brought it digital for $30 and also the dlc. The bad part the dlc don't have vr mode. Played it for a bit still in the beginning when you enter the village for the first time but loving the blocking with the knife already so satisfying. The combat feels great. Started on hardcore.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Theres some weird stuttering in Moss 2 that makes the game borderline unplayable to me, not sure if I should change some settings or what.

darthvargi

Theres some weird stuttering in Moss 2 that makes the game borderline unplayable to me, not sure if I should change some settings or what.
Is it a tracking problem when looking down? I don't have Moss 1 or 2 on PSVR 2 but get something similar with Walkabout. I've always figured it's a tracking hiccup which I don't get with any of my Quests.

Try to make your floor and walls more distinct. I had to throw a blanket with a pattern on my floor to help with Walkabout on PSVR 2.

demigod

Finally got Zombieland a few days ago. Its pretty good, the gunplay is fairly accurate and havent experienced any hiccups, just not a fan of the reloading. I have to get used to it.

Other than that it def feels like an arcade experience that is lacking something, maybe another mode or two. Also a bit too fast paced.

Edit: Meant, is accurate.
Dang, was this on sale?

I just bought switchback, hope its fun.

aclar00

Got Switchback also when i got Zombieland so far its at least as good as Rush of Blood, but somehow i thought it would look significantly better giving the tech, but i wasnt wowed like i thought i would be.

Particulay the guy in the trench coat. I remember him looking great in the first game and expected him to look 4x as great and clear.

Expectations too high or did the devs just treat it as an extension of sorts? I mean the games are over 6 years apart. Maybe its been too long since ive used PSVR1

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
What is a HOTAS?
Idk what he means, I'm sure it wasn't required to have a hands-on-throttle-and-stick device from Thrustmaster or whatever.

Maybe they made it so you can use the analog sticks and inputs of the controllers instead of grab the virtual flight sticks in your cockpit with your virtual hands and move them around.

Options are good I guess, though in something like VTOL VR the interactive cockpits are so good tiny little analog sticks and stuff wouldn't be nearly as fun.

Last edited:

SilentUser

So I'm finally back from a trip and my Globular Cluster arrived! I already installed it (man, that was way too scary) and gave it a try. I never had much trouble with comfort or anything but decided to buy because people are praising it a lot.

Yes, it does improves comfort and ease of use, specially hitting and maintaining the sweet spot. Went for the cooling pad and it indeed feels fresher, which is a big plus. I'm glad I bought it, even though I never had trouble with the PSVR2 before.

R6Rider

Gold Member
So I'm finally back from a trip and my Globular Cluster arrived! I already installed it (man, that was way too scary) and gave it a try. I never had much trouble with comfort or anything but decided to buy because people are praising it a lot.

Yes, it does improves comfort and ease of use, specially hitting and maintaining the sweet spot. Went for the cooling pad and it indeed feels fresher, which is a big plus. I'm glad I bought it, even though I never had trouble with the PSVR2 before.
Could see myself getting this in the future.

Have the Headset on Hand now. Damn, the monetarization model is really fucked... nothing from the VR1 works out of the box and most games don't have an upgrade... or as with "Racket Fury" (The fucking best table tennis game...still) you have to buy the full game newly. Not a good look. The Set itself and the Controllers are pretty cool and sleek with just one cable and no boxes and old PS3-periphery...

Putting all my hope on the developer-people who try to crack the VR2 open for PC-use...

PanzerCute

Have the Headset on Hand now. Damn, the monetarization model is really fucked... nothing from the VR1 works out of the box and most games don't have an upgrade... or as with "Racket Fury" (The fucking best table tennis game...still) you have to buy the full game newly. Not a good look. The Set itself and the Controllers are pretty cool and sleek with just one cable and no boxes and old PS3-periphery...

Putting all my hope on the developer-people who try to crack the VR2 open for PC-use...
Well, PSVR1 and 2 use very different technology so the ports are far from easy according to developers. Most of the games have been made by small studio and it took months to complete the ports, so I can understand some games that don't offer free upgrade paths.

Regarding your last comment, don't hope for PCVR usage any time soon, Sony clearly doesn't want to allow it for now.

But the good news is that there are some insanely good experiences on PSVR2 already. You have some great exclusives on PSVR2 already (not even after a year): Village and RE4, GT7, Horizon COTM, Humanity, Synapse, Switchback, C-smash. And you have many great games that are equivalent of high end PCVR: Pavlov, Red Matter 2, Hubris, The Light Brigade, Moss 1&2, Vampire Masquerade, etc..

The issue for now is that Sony has not commicated enough on their plans for the headset... but I remain confident on them having a few more AAA games to announce at some point. Like all the other headsets, and considering the niche market that VR still is, the focus will remain indies and good AA games.

drezz

Well, PSVR1 and 2 use very different technology so the ports are far from easy according to developers. Most of the games have been made by small studio and it took months to complete the ports, so I can understand some games that don't offer free upgrade paths.

Regarding your last comment, don't hope for PCVR usage any time soon, Sony clearly doesn't want to allow it for now.

But the good news is that there are some insanely good experiences on PSVR2 already. You have some great exclusives on PSVR2 already (not even after a year): Village and RE4, GT7, Horizon COTM, Humanity, Synapse, Switchback, C-smash. And you have many great games that are equivalent of high end PCVR: Pavlov, Red Matter 2, Hubris, The Light Brigade, Moss 1&2, Vampire Masquerade, etc..

The issue for now is that Sony has not commicated enough on their plans for the headset... but I remain confident on them having a few more AAA games to announce at some point. Like all the other headsets, and considering the niche market that VR still is, the focus will remain indies and good AA games.
CES in roughly 10 hours, the last two years they showed stuff regarding PSVR2, so maybe something new and cool then.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Sony going in on business/production/whatever XR too.

Ar¢tos

There is already third party support for PSVR2 for PC. Controllers are not supported yet, though.
It's limited to Linux because drivers need to be modified. An adapter has to be made for it to work with windows and I have no idea if anyone is starting production of one.

Everything nice and fine, but still, my whole PSVR Library (minus No Man's Sky) is done and gone and as a consumer, the problems, developers and publishers have, are of very little concern to me. I see the backwards compatibility of my Console and am frustrated, that right there, with a 600 Euro Device, is the limit.

PanzerCute

Everything nice and fine, but still, my whole PSVR Library (minus No Man's Sky) is done and gone and as a consumer, the problems, developers and publishers have, are of very little concern to me. I see the backwards compatibility of my Console and am frustrated, that right there, with a 600 Euro Device, is the limit.
I understand and I was playing Devil's advocate in a sense. I have a lot of PSVR titles that are now useless too, but I also understand that for most developers it is just not worth it to put a free or cheap upgrade option.

There is already third party support for PSVR2 for PC. Controllers are not supported yet, though.
Ha I did not know, thanks.

Top Bottom