• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plus-size makeover for celebrities such as Jennifer Lawrence becomes huge hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Team kim still got it.

The rest... Not so much.

Next we are gonna see skinny photoshops of big girls.

akira28

Team kim still got it.

The rest... Not so much.

she's got natural reflex muscle memory that makes her attractive even if she exceeds normal tolerances.

also, what's wrong with not being dicks to fat people? fat shaming isn't doing anyone any favors. body acceptance definitely does. Body acceptance and natural health. Is that so hard?

some motherfuckers always gotta ice skate uphill.

she's got natural reflex muscle memory that makes her attractive even if she exceeds normal tolerances.

also, what's wrong with not being dicks to fat people? fat shaming isn't doing anyone any favors. body acceptance definitely does. Body acceptance and natural health. Is that so hard?

some motherfuckers always gotta ice skate uphill.

Who here is advocating being dicks to fat people?

imageprocessor

WOULD SMASH!

When sonic fans grow up.

I love big women, but I always found this shit creepy. There's tons of big women out there already, don't need to photoshop.

Is there a story behind this?

Edit: Googled "Sonic fan fetish" and found foot fetish deviantart pics dedicated to Sonic..... 0_0

Forget I asked, Ferrio.

tkscz

Plus-sized women can be attractive and healthy, this is showing women who would weigh 300 pounds or more. This would be the equivalent of taking regular sized women and making them ultra-thin with knobby knees, elbows that jut out at the joints, rib cages showing, gaunt faces and other ways to make them resemble those unfortunate souls of concentration camps, , and then saying "there is true beauty here." women should feel comfortable in their own skin, but this is disgusting, just as my example would be.

This is one of the issues I have with this subject and GAF. Most of GAF can't fathom that there are people who are 300+ lbs and are honestly happy that way/can be healthy. I've posted articles and examples, and I either get pushed aside, ignored, told they are exceptions to the rule or someone says those people are crazy. I get that some/most of you can't get it, I've been there. So I gave up trying to talk about it. So I just post my quick opinion of the topic, someone either avy quotes me or say "hey there you are" and I go.

webkatt

This is not plus size, it is obese.

This makes it seem like obese equals plus size and is thus the average.

Fat acceptance movement +1

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
This is one of the issues I have with this subject and GAF. Most of GAF can't fathom that there are people who are 300+ lbs and are honestly happy that way/can be healthy. I've posted articles and examples, and I either get pushed aside, ignored, told they are exceptions to the rule or someone says those people are crazy. I get that some/most of you can't get it, I've been there. So I gave up trying to talk about it. So I just post my quick opinion of the topic, someone either avy quotes me or say "hey there you are" and I go.

No offense, but I think you sort of bring this upon yourself with your avatar choice that's obviously a fat fetish drawing of a character that is already pretty sexualized. It's hard to take someone's opinion on the healthiness of being overweight when their avatar suggests they clearly have a sexual interest in overweight folks that might override their ability to think objectively about the dangers of being obese. After all, the fat fetish often completely ignores the downsides of obesity.

You'd probably have much more success if you changed your avatar to something that didn't put your fetish on display. I know NeoGAF is a forum where people should feel safe and welcome, and I don't judge you for your fetish, as I myself have it as well, but I think there are some things that clearly make the majority of people on here uncomfortable, and sometimes I think you should just make a small concession such as switching avatars to something that's not as, well, baiting.

Honestly, I am curious what obese people would be happy about. Are there any actual benefits when it comes to being obese that I've not understood until now? Because there's certainly nothing enviable about being obese from the viewpoint of someone who isn't obese already.

At best I can understand people being happy with the fact that they're living in an obese body in some sort of resigned acceptance; that they've essentially lost hope for ever not being obese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom