• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plus-size makeover for celebrities such as Jennifer Lawrence becomes huge hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Next you're going to tell me a person out there is photoshopping celebrity women into some sort of giants or something.

The nerve of these people.

Carl

fatstars18f-15-web.jpg

Vicky Pollard?

I recently lost about 100 lbs. Because of that I've been getting a lot of praise from friends and family.

It doesn't make me feel good. if anything it makes me pissed off. I am not entirely sure why to be honest.

injurai

Banned
I recently lost about 100 lbs. Because of that I've been getting a lot of praise from friends and family.

It doesn't make me feel good. if anything it makes me pissed off. I am not entirely sure why to be honest.

because people were biting their tongue and now you know they value what you are more than you were?

that now you'll have to maintain else you'll now be aware that you're somehow lesser in their eyes?

because people were biting their tongue and now you know they value what you are more than you were?

that now you'll have to maintain else you'll now be aware that you're somehow lesser in their eyes?

I think it has to do with the lack of respect I had then. I fundementally feel like I am the same person. Yet people treat me differently.

It's like if I had won the lottery and people treated me nice once they Knew I had money rather than before when I was poor.

I kind of want to tell them all to fuck off.

injurai

Banned
I think it has to do with the lack of respect I had then. I fundementally feel like I am the same person. Yet people treat me differently.

It's like if I had won the lottery and people treated me nice once they Knew I had money rather than before when I was poor.

Some people do like the acknowledgment. I think it becomes an elephant in the room for people to not give congratulations. Especially if it's someone you don't see super frequently, the change is usually pretty noticeable. Guess just tell them, thanks but it's the same old me. Or something? Probably not worth getting in a huff about.

Alchemy

The praise is good though, losing weight takes change. Change takes effort. I've lost 40lbs since June and appreciate it when people pat me on the back for it whenever they do, because it would be so easy to go back to eating shit and not exercising.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It's a big change and they're proud of you for putting the effort in. Imagine this: you just finished buying this awesome house you've worked for years to afford and you bring them over. They're going to pat you on the back and congratulate you, partly for the house, but mostly because they know how hard you worked for it and are proud of you for putting that work in and achieving your goal. It's not about the lost weight, that's not what they're applauding, it's the effort you put into it.

acrid

Banned
clint_ew.gif

Ain't gonna lie. Don't dig on the fat chicks.

Don't dig on the rail thin or even athletic chicks either.

That's not to say I don't like them or their company, I'm just not attracted to those types.

Alchemy

And people who hate fat people should just say it, instead of hiding behind "I'm just worried about their health!"

So are fat acceptance people not worried about how unhealthy it is to try to have a body like photoshopped models or do you just hate skinny people?

So are fat acceptance people not worried about how unhealthy it is to try to have a body like photoshopped models or do you just hate skinny people?
I don't hate anyone simply because they are skinny, or fat. I don't know what "fat acceptance people" are worried about. People in this thread seem affronted that their beautiful idols have been caricatured into fat people, with an undercurrent of "fat people can never be considered sexy."

It's a big change and they're proud of you for putting the effort in. Imagine this: you just finished buying this awesome house you've worked for years to afford and you bring them over. They're going to pat you on the back and congratulate you, partly for the house, but mostly because they know how hard you worked for it and are proud of you for putting that work in and achieving your goal. It's not about the lost weight, that's not what they're applauding, it's the effort you put into it.

it has gone beyond that though. I understand the people who don't see me often. But my friends act like I was super unhealthy piece of shit before That always ate unhealthy. I know for a fact that isn't a case. Even before I lost weight I ate the same meals as my roommates and yet I had like 120 lbs on them.

Zoe

I don't hate anyone simply because they are skinny, or fat. I don't know what "fat acceptance people" are worried about. People in this thread seem affronted that their beautiful idols have been caricatured into fat people, with an undercurrent of "fat people can never be considered sexy."

I'm just insulted that some people legitimately believe this is what plus-sized and obese looks like.

Lopera told the Daily News on Tuesday that he digitally alters pictures of some of the world’s sexiest celebrities because he wants to show that plus-size women “can be beautiful too,” and hopes to “change people’s mind about beauty standards.”

He's doing the exact opposite. He's taking slim beautiful women and adding so much weight to them that they become unattractive. Also, a lot of these aren't "plus-sized." They're (what would be) dangerously unhealthy. And I say this as someone who has been "plus-sized" their entire life and is trying to lose the weight.

Log4Girlz

clint_ew.gif

Ain't gonna lie. Don't dig on the fat chicks.

Don't dig on the rail thin or even athletic chicks either.

That's not to say I don't like them or their company, I'm just not attracted to those types.

I like voluptuous. There have been a few girls I've seen who are all natural, thick as hell, hug hips, boobs...and with light abs. Like...what the fuck...my god its beautiful.

There's a fine, fine line between "celebrating alternative ideas of beauty" and BBW fetish art. I'm pretty sure this is more the latter.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I've seen these before.

Oh god, I went to his deviantart, and there are some odd photoshops. Like he turned them into blueberries.

And by that I mean like the girl from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Just why...?

Literally everyone with a fat fetish seems to have had that scene be the moment they discovered it. I remember as a little kid it made me feel very uncomfortable, so I always avoided the scene when the movie was on.

I agree, feeder culture is dangerous. Unlike most fetishes, you can't simply pack it under the bed when you're done. It's something you have to take into the real world, where there are plenty of real problems. I've been turned on by weight gain my entire life, it's literally my only fetish, and as I've gotten older I've swiftly come to realize it's not sustainable.

I've been around the feederism scene since ~1998, and I've noticed several strong trends. The people actively championing not just body acceptance, but obesity acceptance, have always been under 30, long before any major health concerns are realized. The ones over ~35 have always mentioned health problems, whether needing to take medication, using powder for fold chafing, or being able to afford to eat everything they do. As I've grown up I've seen plenty of models/users get older and leave the scene, usually getting the oh-so-blasphemous "WLS" soon afterwards. The smart users know that their fetish is unhealthy and wish them the best, the crazies turn their backs as if betrayed. Tumblr seems to have turned up the crazy dial lately.

Every once in a while a member will die (and it's usually from a heart attack, if they say the cause), and among the responses is always "Oh no, she seemed so lively and happy! How could this happen?" I once had an argument several years ago with a user who insisted that extreme obesity was safe so long as that person was happy. I'm only 25 (I started visiting those sites way too early), and have already outlived him. I've outlived a lot of people from the early days.

The fantasy was (and unfortunately, still is) incredibly alluring. People like Vavoom, who gained ~130 lbs in a year with detailed documentation, represent the absolute zenith of my fetish. But the more I come to realize how many models retire and lose weight, have health issues, and die, the more I've distanced myself from the scene. I know that the wave of young Tumblr models haven't thought out the long-term ramifications of promoting such a culture, and once reality hits them they'll disappear, only to be replaced. Everybody's excited about who's going to be the next Brooke.

Probably could've said this better, but I'm incredibly sleep deprived at the moment and had to say something after seeing your comment. Truth be told, studying the feederism scene for so long has been fascinating; I could probably write a book about it were I more cognizant. But yeah, I'm glad I'm fit and healthy, and that my loved ones are too. I want to be around them for years to come, and feederism is such short gratification.

Wait what? You were 8 years old in 1998. How did an 8-year old get involved in feederism? Maybe I shouldn't be asking as it certainly isn't my business, but I am really quite confused and actually concerned by this.

MiszMasz

it has gone beyond that though. I understand the people who don't see me often. But my friends act like I was super unhealthy piece of shit before That always ate unhealthy. I know for a fact that isn't a case. Even before I lost weight I ate the same meals as my roommates and yet I had like 120 lbs on them.

At least a few of your friends and family will be pretty chipper about the fact you're more likely to live past 50 now, especially if you can keep the weight off. It's a change that in the end only you could actively make too.

Aske

Bullying is bad. Body-shaming is bad. But being overweight is not going to become more attractive to more people just because advocates yell "prejudice" loud enough. It's also never going to be healthy; just like being too thin is never going to be healthy. To pretend otherwise is to side with flat-earthers and anti-vaccine crusaders.

Fight the bullying, and try to change people's tastes by advocating alternative standards of beauty. Don't accuse people of being fat-haters unless they say hateful things. Pointing out health issues may be a thinly veiled cover for a criticism born of someone's personal aesthetic distaste, but that's a long way from concealed hatred.

terrisus

I'm not mad about weight gain/BBW fetish but if you do that stuff, just say it, don't need to explain yourself.

And people who hate fat people should just say it, instead of hiding behind "I'm just worried about their health!"

Both of these would be an improvement over the current situation.

No one needs lessons about this, despite what some people may think.
Say what you mean, let others do what they want, and get on with your lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom