• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

qq more

tumblr_lt0hliyhMi1r4akbao1_500.gif

EDIT: lmfao new page

Ya know, with all that's come up I sort of forgot that Zoroark never really caught on as a Lucario expy. Maybe that's why there isn't one for this gen revealed as of yet.

It's all up to Mewthree now :p

edit: heck, even adding in Riolu into BW2/Dream Radar was an admission, sort of :p

Ya know, with all that's come up I sort of forgot that Zoroark never really caught on as a Lucario expy. Maybe that's why there isn't one for this gen revealed as of yet.

Zoroark was like the New Coke of Pokémon.

And by that I mean he was a cleverly-crafted conspiracy designed to make people appreciate Lucario more.

Kokonoe

Banned
god that was an emotional thing to watch as a kid

I was 9 at the time, dem feels.

I'm surprised it didn't catch on, I figured with that color scheme it would have.

Maybe because he was already done.

eeMftd5.gif

jnOW9c0.gif

edit: heck, even adding in Riolu into BW2/Dream Radar was an admission, sort of :p

Well they did show Zoroark in the trailer for the Pokemon groping mini-game in X and Y.

Though they showed Lucario too.

Heck, maybe there is an expy and they decided not to push it this time, going for the Genesect/Mewtwo combo.

In the end, the genies lost out... wait, was there anything actually featuring them?
Well they did show Zoroark in the trailer for the Pokemon groping mini-game in X and Y.

Though they showed Lucario too.
Oh right, I remember.

Hmm, they're revealing an awful lot of older-gen Pokemon though... makes me worry they're trying to fill the region in the eventuality that this becomes another Gen 3 type break *shudder*

Hmm, they're revealing an awful lot of older-gen Pokemon though... makes me worry they're trying to fill the region in the eventuality that this becomes another Gen 3 type break *shudder*

If they deny me the privilege of importing my Shiny Scrafty, I will blow all my gaskets.

backlot

Heck, maybe there is an expy and they decided not to push it this time, going for the Genesect/Mewtwo combo.

In the end, the genies lost out... wait, was there anything actually featuring them?

Oh right, I remember.

They're revealing all the best older-gen Pokemon though. This will be a pretty great regional dex at least.

Kokonoe

Banned
They aren't going to not let you transfer Pokemon from at least Gen V to Gen VI, but thinking about it, if they did block it, that would be the first time no hacks have been in Pokemon game.

At least until the 3DS gets a "Action Replay" or something.

They're revealing all the best older-gen Pokemon though. This will be a pretty great regional dex at least.
That is true - Lucario has proven to be quite useful in my W2 playthrough, wouldn't mind having him back. But they even show Charizard getting busted up there - would be funny if that unlikely rumor about the starters was one of the true ones...

And speaking of the regional dex, it's interesting how it's split up into 3 - either they don't feel like having 300 pokes in 1 list, or that thing is gonna be massive.
They could be just not adding a whole lot of new ones like Gen 2 or 4.
That would be worse D:

100 is the absolute baseline. They should aim for 130-140.
They aren't going to not let you transfer Pokemon from at least Gen V to Gen VI, but thinking about it, if they did block it, that would be the first time no hacks have been in Pokemon game.

At least until the 3DS gets a "Action Replay" or something.
If they keep the GTS protocols the same, then I can see some work being done on that front from day 1, since that protocol's already understood.

backlot

I wouldn't mind another gen 4 sort of thing. I loved all the new evolutions in gen 4 and they didn't waste peoples time with any terrible fire types like other gens did.

Wait, you can catch older Pokemon in the main playthrough? Like BW2?
The usage of all these old Pokemon in XY commercials seem to indicate yes - if you couldn't, they would probably mention it in the marketing upfront, like they did with BW and the "all new dex".
I wouldn't mind another gen 4 sort of thing. I loved all the new evolutions in gen 4 and they didn't waste peoples time with any terrible fire types like other gens did.
If this is right:

G2, G4 - expands on older dex with new evolutions for old pokes
G3, G5 - greater focus on new pokes (with G5 being the extreme case)

G6 may be part of the G2/G4 pattern - if it holds.

Wait, you can catch older Pokemon in the main playthrough? Like BW2?

Yup. There's even a popular rumour from a reliable source that says you'll be able to receive one of the Kanto starters midway through the game, so people can live out their dreams of using The Zard in a non-Kanto game without trading it in.

Kokonoe

Banned
Same, I actually prefer it like that. Well, except I do like Fire Pokemon. lol

The usage of all these old Pokemon in XY commercials seem to indicate yes - if you couldn't, they would probably mention it in the marketing upfront, like they did with BW and the "all new dex".

That's awesome! I'm even more hyped for this game now.

qq more

Yup. There's even a popular rumour from a reliable source that says you'll be able to receive one of the Kanto starters midway through the game, so people can live out their dreams of using The Zard in a non-Kanto game without trading it in.

aaaaaaa I forgot about that! I'm totally picking Squirtle :D

Zeroth

Fingers crossed for Riolu being on the third initial area of the games again.

I hope there's some weather variety... that is, I want to see the return of inclement weather routes with awesome music playing.

Bring back trumpets!

Top Bottom