• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The quality of that gif matches the quality of that anime. Terrible.
tumblr_lx8iofuRVa1r2mho4o1_500.gif

Azuchu is cuter.

sofcj-rawspocketmonstyrk0y.jpg

???

Kokonoe

Banned
Ah, I see. I've been wanting to get into the Gen IV and Gen V anime seasons, but I kinda before I do it, rewatch all the episode and just do a marathon in order so I can have that valuable Pokemon anime knowledge ingrained into my brain.

I missed a lot of the Johto season, but I watched almost all the episodes of Gen III. Well, mostly. That guy who dressed up as May was something else. I also remember Brock finally finding someone perfect for him that liked him, but they ended up making it not work for whatever reason just to keep Brock in the show. lol

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm 33 years old, considering jumping on the Pokémon wagon for the first time with X/Y.

Yes I know, I don't know why I never played it. My nephew played it all the time, and I guess I always thought they looked fun, but never got around to buy one. Perhaps I never dared. But anyway.

I have HeartGold and Platinum cartridges that I bought for collecting purposes (and for my two sons when they get old enough (3 and 1 year olds) lying around.

Which one would be the best introduction to the series you guys think?

Sorry for the noobiness!

I'm 33 years old, considering jumping on the Pokémon wagon for the first time with X/Y.

Yes I know, I don't know why I never played it. My nephew played it all the time, and I guess I always thought they looked fun, but never got around to buy one. Perhaps I never dared. But anyway.

I have HeartGold and Platinum cartridges that I bought for collecting purposes (and for my two sons when they get old enough (3 and 1 year olds) lying around.

Which one would be the best introduction to the series you guys think?

Sorry for the noobiness!

Out of those two, I'd probably say HeartGold. I like Platinum a lot, but HeartGold is a lot smaller in scale and a lot more manageable. Has much more content, too. Both are worth playing, of course.

If you were able to find it reasonably cheap, I'd suggest Black or White as the best (modern) place to start, but there's no such thing as an inaccessible Pokémon game.

You talking about K-On or TTGL?

If the latter, why don't you like it when it's so similar to Savers ;P

I'll give K-On fans credit since they at least come up with good quality gifs. TTGL fans can't even be arsed to do that much work.

And I have the entire internet at my disposal if I want gratuitous tits and bad japanese rap.

whats with the hate on Azumarill in this place otherwise yo :(
Sounds like some nerds got wrecked.

I like the little guy.

EDIT: Actually come to think of it Azumarill's never really been a bad Pokémon (aside from Gen 2). He's always had some sort of niche.
EDIT 2: He's never dropped below UU.

I like the little guy.

EDIT: Actually come to think of it Azumarill's never really been a bad Pokémon (aside from Gen 2). He's always had some sort of niche.

It helps that Gamefreak keeps boosting him like in every generation.

qq more

That never gets old. lol

I like the little guy.

It helps that Gamefreak keeps boosting him like in every generation.
Huh? I actually had no idea up until now that Azumarill is powerful. I guess there was a reason why I stuck with him in my Emerald party. He's in Platinum right now (and LV 75). I named him Pikablu when he was a Marill or that babby form, I can't remember how exactly I got him.

Pikablu is so much better though.
Piblu (...uh, whatever the babby form's name is)
Pikablu (Marill)
Raiblu (Azumarill)

LeleSocho

Banned
What trick?

You know the same "get a pikachu level 2 then rename it pikablu then give it to the old guy and make him level it until level 99 then pick him up and make it battle to a squirtle then give it again to the old guy when he reached level 100 go to the safari zone and near where there were the gold theet you find a pokemon standing, it's pikablu" kind of trick.

Top Bottom