• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon is a FAD! (evidence from Finland)

Chittagong

Gold Member
People lining up to download an exclusive new Pokémon character, Deosys a week and a half ago:

20050601154728.jpg

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I met some Finns in a youth hostel. They knew more about my country's politics than me. I was sad.

Vittu Satana, Se on tosi Hullu!

i think you guys should take another look at those finn-nerds with Touch Me t-shirts... and react accordingly :)

my finnish isnt 100% but here is my translation:

The long expected Deoxys-downloading event finally arrived to Finland aswell. Deoxys-Pokemon had before this day received a lot of
questions from Nintendo Hotline but also from events, presentations and over e-mail. On Saturday all Pokemon players finally got
the possibility to download the Aurora Ticket, required for the capturing of Pokemon. It could be downloaded on either FireRed or Pokemon
LeafGreen.

In the first hours the place was crowded. The standing in line went smoothly amongst people in the same spirit discussing Pokemon.
Also the downloading was fast, only 10 sec/download. The players also received a Deoxys-certification and instructions
for capturing the Deoxys-Pokemon.

The participants also had the opportunity to to buy Nintendo products (games for all Nintendo and gameconsoles) from the crowded Nintendo
warehouse. The cheap products interested people and many games was sold out by the end of the day.
The fast ones also could buy rareivities on-site.

The beautiful weather left a possitive feeling from this day. Thanks to all Pokemon-fans for participating in the event but also for their interest in
capturing the rare Deoxys-Pokemon. This will be remembered by many Pokemon-fans for a long time.

jman2050

Templar Wizard said:
my finnish isnt 100% but here is my translation:

The long expected Deoxys-downloading event finally arrived to Finland aswell. Deoxys-Pokemon had before this day received a lot of
questions from Nintendo Hotline but also from events, presentations and over e-mail. On Saturday all Pokemon players finally got
the possibility to download the Aurora Ticket, required for the capturing of Pokemon. It could be downloaded on either FireRed or Pokemon
LeafGreen.

In the first hours the place was crowded. The standing in line went smoothly amongst people in the same spirit discussing Pokemon.
Also the downloading was fast, only 10 sec/download. The players also received a Deoxys-certification and instructions
for capturing the Deoxys-Pokemon.

The participants also had the opportunity to to buy Nintendo products (games for all Nintendo and gameconsoles) from the crowded Nintendo
warehouse. The cheap products interested people and many games was sold out by the end of the day.
The fast ones also could buy rareivities on-site.

The beautiful weather left a possitive feeling from this day. Thanks to all Pokemon-fans for participating in the event but also for their interest in
capturing the rare Deoxys-Pokemon. This will be remembered by many Pokemon-fans for a long time.

Who says Nintendo doesn't know how to do business ;)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Everybody has their own picture of what Jersey looks like (lots of factories and chemical plants and rotting industry and older suburbs), but it's really a quite diverse state. You have some really scenic mountain areas on the west side of the state, fields and farmland in the center, all the industry and chem plants in the northeast near NY, glass office parks and super wealthy suburbs a bit farther away, amusement parks, the shore... I don't really think it's as bad as everyone says it is.

Top Bottom