• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Snap Announced for Nintendo Switch

could you imagine any sort of pokemon game given the same work and effort say red dead redemption 2 gets? i.e more than 5 clicks in the games factory
You would have the problem of people abandoning their daily routine in favor of staying in the magical Pokémon world.

Holy shit, how did I miss this announcement all day? The OG Pokemon Snap is one of my favorite games for the N64, shit felt magical like other Pokemon spinoffs never did. Love this. Looks legendary.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
The core design of the game is on rails. Do you expect this to be an open world game or something? The mechanics were built around the game being on rails.

the Resident Evil series had a core design..they changed it many times over. one could argue a stronger core design ie. bigger risk because it was ingrained in multiple games before the formula was changed.

pokemon snaps core design is only established in one game. a game from 21 years ago.... meaning its much easier (and more probable) to change a "core design" after so much time has elapsed and only one game as a base foundation.

those two factors alone strengthen my original point that I expected them to move off a rail system.

Holy shit, how did I miss this announcement all day? The OG Pokemon Snap is one of my favorite games for the N64, shit felt magical like other Pokemon spinoffs never did. Love this. Looks legendary.
d65.gif

buizel

Banned
You would have the problem of people abandoning their daily routine in favor of staying in the magical Pokémon world.

Thats literally been my dream since I got Pokemon Blue on my 8th birthday. 20+ years later and wtf the best we get is sword/shield.

I have literally been dreaming about a pokemon game where you can run and jump off a huge cliff, throw charizard out the ball mid-air, land on him and swoop under a bridge. Game Freak have been raping my imagination for decades and they end up the winner.

Kokoloko85

Assets from n64 version?
Its gamefreaks we’re talking about lol.

Looking forward to this, remember buying the original on import

Roufianos

This doesn't exactly look cutting edge but even then, it looks miles ahead of the shovelware quality graphics in Sword and Shield.

Majukun

You serious?
serious.

but of course everything is "gamified" , you are awarded more points depending of various parameters (how many pkmn, if they were interacting, special events, other than them being in focus) and you have also (or at least you had in the original, but you cna see traces of this in the trailer) way to interact with pkmn, to get a reaction, make them come closer, or initiate strange chains of events to unlock events like a legendary pkn popping out or a new course opening up.

it was surprisingly addicting but it's a game for a specific kind of gamer, since most of the drive from playing it comes from getting the biggest score and the best photos, and it's not an heavely story focused game like kid loves these days
This doesn't exactly look cutting edge but even then, it looks miles ahead of the shovelware quality graphics in Sword and Shield.
looks great enough..the pkmn style doesn't really need raw power to be pleasant to look at, you just need color, shine and not see edges in the models, which at this point could be achieved on any system really

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: TLZ

Astral Dog

Immediate hype.

But why the heck are the graphics Wii U level graphics...

Hope there's more than 10 stages.

...Day 1 though, probably.
What are you talking about dude its the best a Pokemon game has ever looked 🤤

I mean compared to the main ones this looks beautiful, Sword/Shield wishes it had Wii U level graphics

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Why wouldn't it be?

What does this even mean?

Looks fine to me.
I don't get the backlash about the graphics either this game looks miles better than the mainline ones on the Switch.

Edit: may be something about the artstyle or animations that looks old school 🤔

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
Wow only seeing this announcement now, super excited. Love Pokemon Snap, it’s so enjoyable and relaxing. And this one looks gorgeous.

Top Bottom