• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll: Special Senate election in Alabama a 6pt race between Roy Moore and Doug Jones

coopolon

Even if Dems lose this race
(narrator: "They will")
, I'd love to see Democrats handcuff Roy Moore to every Republican seeking office next year.

Republicans have mastered the art of finding exploitable statements made by oddball, waaaaay left-field Democrats and using them to smear other Democrats running for office; I'd love to see Democrats return the favor sometime.

Yep, this guy is openly racist and homophobic. I think it's definitely worth the money to just make sure everyone in Alabama (and the country because the media will be following the race) knows how evil this man is and make it so every republican not in the south has to denounce him or be asked why s/he won't denounce him.

Not gonna lie, the Roy Moore slogan is pretty good despite the typo. Hell, the typo probably made him more visible in the news. And a typo is not a huge deal if it gets your catchy slogan across.

Meanwhile I'm sure Doug Jones is eliciting "who?" from people all over the internet.

That shit matters and getting into the media nationally is especially important.

Neoweee

Not gonna lie, the Roy Moore slogan is pretty good despite the typo. Hell, the typo probably made him more visible in the news. And a typo is not a huge deal if it gets your catchy slogan across.

Meanwhile I'm sure Doug Jones is eliciting "who?" from people all over the internet.

That shit matters and getting into the media nationally is especially important.

It's the other way, in all probability. The best way to pick off districts and states that heavily lean against you is on the back of low turnout. Nationalizing the race its media coverage reminds more people to vote, which ends up fucking the minority party.

CazTGG

The fact that it's this close to begin with should be enough of an indicator, but if Dems win this, unlikely as it may be, it will send massive shockwaves to Rs as to how catastrophic 2018 will be for them, much like the special election to replace Ted Kennedy that ended with a Republican replacing a seat Dems had held for decades signaled 2010's massive red wave. In other words, Ted Cruz could be unseated along with the other two vulnerable Rs.

That aside, 51/49 gives them more leverage for tax cuts, another ACA repeal attempt and possible chances for a government shutdown over the stupid wall should they not come to an agreement for the 2018 budget (which I believe has a deadline close to this special election). Keep the fight going, this seat could change a lot in the coming years.

I imagine if Moore keeps brandishing firearms on stage while dressed up like Woody the cowboy he shouldn't have too many problems.

Xe4

Banned
Well, I doubt he'll win, but I hope they still try. People have beat longer odds, and it would keep the fucking nutjob Moore out of the senate.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
What are the other 4? I'm guessing two are Missouri and Florida.

New Mexico, Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana.

Five worst states by official metrics such as crime, infrastructure, education, healthcare. And general opportunities.

el jacko

Five worst states by official metrics such as crime, infrastructure, education, healthcare. And general opportunities.
Can you post a source for this statement? Seems a little strong to throw out there with nothing to back it up.

This better not be another Ossoff case. I'm totally aware that the former was a longshot, but we need just one high profile win to rally the base like crazy. Once the left smells blood in the water we'll see a real groundswell.

heeeey SC not in the worst 5

yeah boi that's my state

South Carolina "Not the worst in some areas!"

New Mexico is still a blue state at least. I would rather live there than places like Kansas, Utah, Nebraska, etc.

Edit: also, no West Virginia? That's surprising.

I imagine if Moore keeps brandishing firearms on stage while dressed up like Woody the cowboy he shouldn't have too many problems.
roy-moore.jpg

Biden has no chance to convince Alabama.

Top Bottom