• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Forbes]‘Helldivers 2’ On Xbox? Even PS5 Players Want It To Happen

PS5 Players Want It To Happen?

• Yes

Votes: 113 28.7%
  • No

Votes: 281 71.3%

• Total voters

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Does Microsoft pay him directly?
Probably through a shell. ;)

More like you should love for the company to put some time and effort into the damn networking of the game, regardless of pomp and circumstance.
Once again, it's not networking, it uses AZURE, such trash I heard for a network /s

The game was built by a small team that did not expect 700K people trying to get in at one time, they caught lightning in a bottle. Said company (Sony) as well as Azure and other partners have since sent engineers and you bet your ass they are rebuilding the game's backbone.

Last edited:

SHA

Where are those PlayStation fans? We need to talk with them.

Get Ready Movie GIF by NETFLIX
You need embracers like bafta.... etc, you can't just win those players when they don't like seeing new shit, it's understandable, conservative gamers, seeing changes is uncomfortable.

FrankWza

There are Fanboys for every platform though, and people with ulterior motives. It's nothing new. I still don't see why the discourse needs to amount to "get fucked" when people legit express a desire at experiencing what both worlds have to offer.

Yet people are way too employed to one brand, and it needs to stay super exclusive without any amount of give and take.
Sorry I thought you knew. There's been confirmed? reports of xbox having paid people to post on forums. Every week, as the narrative changes you will see it go, from top down, almost verbatim. The "get fucked" you're seeing is because it's made up. If they want a game, come out and just port beg like Phil did. Don't pretend PS5 gamers are clamoring for it to happen. I could be wrong on it being confirmed so I apologize and someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

StueyDuck

Hi Phil,nice to see you on GAF but you should spend more time steering that sinking Xbox ship away from the incoming icebergs than playing Diablo 4 and sharing your invaluable wisdom on forums all day.
Trust me. MS wishes I was Phil. I'd fix that shit right up.

I still would think that more people playing a game is just better 🤷‍♂️ if my mate had an xbox only why wouldn't I won't him to have the same fun we are having playing HD2

No, Playstation gamers aren’t pushing this.

Me, a playstation fanboy doesn’t care if Sony releases HellDivers 2 on Xbox, I encourage it if anything.

Sony should buy Arrowhead Studios under/beside Bungie I guess. Should be part of their Gaas multi-platform effforts. Maybe promote Arrowhead heads into Bungie. Have all other Gaas games under their leadership.

FeralEcho

Trust me. MS wishes I was Phil. I'd fix that shit right up.

I still would think that more people playing a game is just better 🤷‍♂️ if my mate had an xbox only why wouldn't I won't him to have the same fun we are having playing HD2
In an ideal world sure but in the real world no that's a recepee for disaster in long term as

1.devs will have less time to squeeze the most out of a game if they make 6 versions of it at the same time making sure they are all optimized.

2.the platform holder will stop putting all their weight behind the console if the console won't sell.

3.the console won't sell cuz who the fuck would buy these things if everything is also on everything else.

4.reverting back to point 2 and 1. Helldivers 2 wouldn't exist as it is now if it were multiplatform from the start because it wouldn't have had the budget,support and time allowed to have optimizations for 6 platforms including Switch and Series S which would have downgraded it to fuck all for parity.

StueyDuck

In an ideal world sure but in the real world no that's a recepee for disaster in long term as

1.devs will have less time to squeeze the most out of a game if they make 6 versions of it at the same time making sure they are all optimized.

2.the platform holder will stop putting all their weight behind the console if the console won't sell.

3.the console won't sell cuz who the fuck would buy these things if everything is also on everything else.

4.reverting back to point 2 and 1. Helldivers 2 wouldn't exist as it is now if it were multiplatform from the start because it wouldn't have had the budget,support and time allowed to have optimizations for 6 platforms including Switch and Series S which would have downgraded it to fuck all for parity.
Yeah but I am saying that I would like all people to enjoy a video game.

Not that is viable or feasible or possible. It shouldn't really be a controversial opinion to want everyone to enjoy the same the experience I have with a game

FeralEcho

Yeah but I am saying that I would like all people to enjoy a video game.

Not that is viable or feasible or possible. It shouldn't really be a controversial opinion to want everyone to enjoy the same the experience I have with a game
It's not controversial but having the game be enjoyed by more people might in the end make the game itself launch in a worse state than you'd think it would,I was just explaining how that isn't really feasible in the grand scheme of things even though it's a nice thought and I agree with you 👍

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Lmao, this is the second article I've seen of this type, publicly port begging.

Their trying to set this up like with crossplay; Making it look like a player lead issue, when it's not.

You can smell the bs a mile away.

Microsoft is wild for this one. They are literally publically port begging for HellDivers 2. They are even sending their influencers in for help. Never thought I'd see the day. This is embarrassing if you ask me.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Microsoft is wild for this one. They are literally publically port begging for HellDivers 2. They are even sending their influencers in for help. Never thought I'd see the day. This is embarrassing if you ask me.
Social engineering. They did the same with cross-play and the very same articles dropped right after Phil PRed it.

They know it will devalue Sony's (and Nintendo's) brand if there had no first party.

Last edited:
Not gunna lie but exclusive GAAS are just dumb af, the cost of porting such a game could be covered so quickly, always thought it was retarded ms making sea of thieves and infinte (dont get me started on infinte) and my opinion of sony doing it isnt any different

If Xbox had 100 million units I would agree. The user base is so low I don't really think you lose much. Especially with software sales being low because everyone just wants it to come to GP. With Hell Divers 2 it really doesn't make sense for Sony to do it. It blew up in popularity, went viral, and on top of all that it never touched Xbox and can't be played there. HD2 has been a win for Sony in every way possible.

NEbeast

The narrative that Sony must follow MS is hilarious. I really couldn't care if it did go to xbox. Multiplayer games like these benefit from more players, even though its not exactly struggling for players. After xbox players used palword as a stick to beat ps players it's pretty funny to see them now begging for HD2 on xbox.
Cat Money GIF

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Well this certainly is a strong fanboy argument. Seems you care more about a mega corporation than fellow gamers.

Or some of us believe in traditions. You don't see Apple releasing all their apps on Andriod.

Not gunna lie but exclusive GAAS are just dumb af, the cost of porting such a game could be covered so quickly, always thought it was retarded ms making sea of thieves and infinte (dont get me started on infinte) and my opinion of sony doing it isnt any different

They want you to buy the console.

Yeah I don’t personally care which platform. Why would it hurt anyone to port a game to another machine? We aren’t in the early 90’s anymore. I would like to login to a device that plays games and access all my library. I believe that day is coming eventually.

Do you realize Sony paid to have this game made? They own the IP! Hopefully that day will never come.

JaksGhost

People don't want to admit to FOMO and are slinging excuses to the wall hoping something will stick. You know why it's exclusive so please cut the bullshit. Also with Sony if they have successful GAAS games that could potentially shift a lot of console sales along with software sales there way. The Series userbase is just a small drop in the bucket.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Times like this I'm reminded of...

Klayzer

It was an argument used not that long ago by some of those who liked the post you quoted back when MS was consolidating publishers.

I wonder what changed?
Yeah, they certainly was championing Microsoft consolidation for "buisness reasons". Now it's about gaming for everyone. Get the fuck out here with that hypocritical bs.

What's ironic is, that Actvision deal, might have brought about the possible end of Xbox as a major platform holder.

Microsoft will be fine, Xbox long term future looks grim, from my point of view.

Nydius

Ever since Phil, Sarah, and Matt confirmed Xbox was making some games multiplatform, Xbox fans have been in a state of constant port-begging. This last week has been nothing but Xbox fans (and Xbox twitter shills) begging for Helldivers 2 and, in the last day, complaining that Monster Hunter Stories and Gundam Breaker 4 from the Nintendo Direct aren't coming to Xbox.

They think because Microsoft is opening up their doors to other platforms, everyone else should too -- completely oblivious to the fact that Microsoft is only doing it because they have no choice. Sony and Nintendo and their exclusive third party partners don't have to do the same because they make more than enough money on their respective platforms.

Seyken

Sony has got Microsoft on the ropes right now. They have Microsoft previously exclusive games and their own new hot exclusive game. Throwing M$ a bone like this is just giving them a second wind, it makes no business sense. Gotta go for the kill.

And since everything that Microsoft touches goes to shit, I have to say... a part of me would find it hilarious if some random company finally managed to develop the CoD killer now that Microsoft bought it.

killatopak

Server issues will probably be non-existent by the time a port comes out. Probably cause I don’t know if the devs could somehow one-up themselves and provide a hell of an update.

I dunno about PS5 players wanting it as well though.

IDappa

Exclusives are what make a console attractive and give the platform value. The more (good) exclusive my box of choice has, the more valuable it becomes. I think the only people who have a problem with exclusives are the people who can't play them. (No one should feel entitled to play every game available)

Or in this case, Microsoft trying to make their lack of exclusives a good thing by saying other companies exclusives are bad and anti consumer.
Honestly I think GAAS games like these are in their own realm,. Applying the old school thought process of exclusive enrich my box to a game genre that wasn’t around doesn’t make sense to me.

Or some of us believe in traditions. You don't see Apple releasing all their apps on Andriod.

They want you to buy the console.

Do you realize Sony paid to have this game made? They own the IP! Hopefully that day will never come.

Plus it's like, why aren't these port-beggars asking for Microsoft to actually compete? Why can't one of their 30+ studios make a Helldivers-inspired competitor? That way gamers have more real choice, and such a game could get a nice rivalry going which boosts the efforts of both.

Instead they want the $3 trillion company to campaign for hand-outs like a homeless person.

Paul Tassi has been great for keeping us updated on the latest astroturfing campaigns and narratives, though. Stuff he's written about has the stench of 'direct orders' and this is an example of that.

Updated? Soon enough he'll be leading the pack. He might even have green chest hair already!

Honestly I think GAAS games like these are in their own realm,. Applying the old school thought process of exclusive enrich my box to a game genre that wasn’t around doesn’t make sense to me.

Then Nintendo should be bringing Mario Kart and Smash Bros. to every platform under the sun...

...or maybe it's that GaaS titles can be leveraged to draw in people to a given platform/ecosystem, just like non-GaaS titles can. If you want to get technical, Fortnite's not on GOG or Steam, or Windows/MS Store for that matter. Should Epic be obligated to provide it on competing PC storefronts just because Fortnite's a GaaS?

Businesses aren't charities.

Didn't this forum predict something like this was going to happen after that Business Update podcast? Articles and campaigns like this i mean... wow.

Yep and we know why, too. Look no further than Good Guy Phil™ and that idiotic quote of his.

This is some serious level CIA psych or social engineering mission going on here. Turn the world against Sony and their exclusives, make it uncool not to share games. Suddenly Microsoft is the hero again and Sony is anti-consumer.

Microsoft has tried this before.

Definitely. The platform holder that least understands the value of exclusive games, because they have traditionally been the worst at creating high-demand exclusives themselves, wants no one to have a good thing unless they can have it, too.

The sense of entitlement and greed is almost stomach-churning.

Last edited:

Klayzer

Plus it's like, why aren't these port-beggars asking for Microsoft to actually compete? Why can't one of their 30+ studios make a Helldivers-inspired competitor? That way gamers have more real choice, and such a game could get a nice rivalry going which boosts the efforts of both.

Instead they want the $3 trillion company to campaign for hand-outs like a homeless person.

Updated? Soon enough he'll be leading the pack. He might even have green chest hair already!

Then Nintendo should be bringing Mario Kart and Smash Bros. to every platform under the sun...

...or maybe it's that GaaS titles can be leveraged to draw in people to a given platform/ecosystem, just like non-GaaS titles can. If you want to get technical, Fortnite's not on GOG or Steam, or Windows/MS Store for that matter. Should Epic be obligated to provide it on competing PC storefronts just because Fortnite's a GaaS?

Yep and we know why, too. Look no further than Good Guy Phil™ and that idiotic quote of his.

Definitely. The platform holder that least understands the value of exclusive games, because they have traditionally been the worst at creating high-demand exclusives themselves, wants no one to have a good thing unless they can have it, too.

That same sentiment has thoroughly filtered down to their fanbase as well. Very cultish, with hardly any criticism pointed towards the decision makers.

IDappa

Yes because Mario kart and smash brothers is the same as helldivers which relies on a player count. Bit of a stretch…..

Isn’t the majority of players on helldivers actually from pc though?. So not necessarily drawing into the PlayStation ecosystem.. I’d much rather see them find more fans and get a larger following by releasing it on every place they possibly can. Btw I’m not port begging (own all systems) I’ve already been spreading democracy for the past week haha. Fun game just want to see it get bigger.. Every person pointing this out doesn’t have some fanboy agenda… some people on here really gotta get a grip.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

That’s because unlike console makers, MS has roots with PC gaming so it’s natural for them to want to cover two platforms with one game.

MS had had tons of high profile games. Their 360 halo and gears games blew away most PS3 first party games in sales. Halo games alone during that time outsold lots of Sony first patty franchisee combined, including gran turusmo.

Dont get too snarky about exclusives because Helldivers 2 is a day one PC game and PSVR 2 is coming to PC soon. Seems Sony isn’t too confident about their walled garden lately either. And that doesn’t even include the tons of PC ports or MLB on Xbox and switch.

Last edited:

drganon

That’s because unlike console makers, MS has roots with PC gaming so it’s natural for them to want to cover two platforms with one game.

MS had had tons of high profile games. Their 360 halo and gears games blew away most PS3 first party games in sales. Halo games alone during that time outsold lots of Sony first patty franchisee combined, including gran turusmo.

Dont get too snarky about exclusives because Helldivers 2 is a day one PC game and PSVR 2 is coming to PC soon. Seems Sony isn’t too confident about their walled garden lately either. And that doesn’t even include the tons of PC ports or MLB on Xbox and switch.
#SonyToo

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Why would anyone who's preferred platform is the ps5 want diminish it's existence by having the same game, that makes it worth buying , come to its direct competitors platform 👀
Because the vast majority of people in the world enjoy products based on their own experience and don’t care if a guy 5000 miles away enjoys using it too.

They don’t think to themselves, oh shit that guy on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean likes it too on his device. So that means I’m going to sit here and sulk because I thought I was chosen one on earth to play a video game.

Did anyone back in the day buy a DVD player and get pissed because someone else watched the same movie on a different brand device?

Last edited:
Top Bottom