• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible leaked image: DualSense controller in hand

JjA4rlY.jpg

ps5-playstation-5-sony-1.original.jpg

Although you have to take into account some details:

- It is impossible to know if the image is real or not. We recall that at the time of the announcement of the DualSense it was confirmed that some developers had tested the remote and some prototypes to test it, in addition to the fact that other professionals in the industry are most likely in possession of this remote to experiment with it in order to develop their Projects. However, the image could be a montage, although we will take into account other details if it were real.
- The size seems to be quite a bit bigger than that of the PS4's DualShock 4.
- However, the perspective could give an equivocal conclusion about the size of the DualSense, since the control is positioned so that its grips are closer to the camera. Thanks to the perspective, it would give the feeling that it looks bigger than it could be.
- The same goes for the hand, which is further away from the camera and could seem smaller than it is. These confusions are very common in photographs where the focal length of the camera is low (about 35 millimeters and below), and this is the case for the filtered image. To this is added that we also do not know how big the hand that appears in the photograph is, logically.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

The handle part looks really weird? Like we see so much of the white "back" side that it looks very thicc.

It's also larger than other size overlays put it based on features like thumbstick and button size

qod54ah8nhr41.jpg

Last edited:
I take it from the headline that i'm supposed to be shocked/upset/mad that the controller is large? Seems as you say "revel its large size" and not "reveal its size"?

Secondly, how can you tell from that picture how big the controller is? There's nothing to reference it with. That hand could be a giants hand or the hand of an Asian child. How are we to know?

Finally, Aren't you Daniels_M? The fanboy shit stirrer who was banned?

LOLCats

Banned
for me the ds4 was ergonomically more comfortable over time compared to the xb1 controller, i feel in part due to its smaller size and weight. just them god damn triggers, hate dem triggers so much.

Last edited:

HarryKS

God damn it. Are they using the same rubber they used on the DS4 analog sticks? It looks like it. That thing is crap.

2 controllers of mine peeled off quite quickly.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Looks awesome to me.
h3rBmLs.png

I'll save my conversation about size and comfort for when someone gets hands-on with it, not pictures that could be, and historically have been, misleading.

Plus, I need to get a legal team together for stealing MHK's meme this blatantly.

Jigga117

I take it from the headline that i'm supposed to be shocked/upset/mad that the controller is large? Seems as you say "revel its large size" and not "reveal its size"?

Secondly, how can you tell from that picture how big the controller is? There's nothing to reference it with. That hand could be a giants hand or the hand of an Asian child. How are we to know?

Finally, Aren't you Daniels_M? The fanboy shit stirrer who was banned?
Just like I was able to guess how big the PS5 looked when it was revealed. Guessed right

Esppiral

JjA4rlY.jpg

- It is impossible to know if the image is real or not. We recall that at the time of the announcement of the DualSense it was confirmed that some developers had tested the remote and some prototypes to test it, in addition to the fact that other professionals in the industry are most likely in possession of this remote to experiment with it in order to develop their Projects. However, the image could be a montage, although we will take into account other details if it were real.
- However, the perspective could give an equivocal conclusion about the size of the DualSense, since the control is positioned so that its grips are closer to the camera. Thanks to the perspective, it would give the feeling that it looks bigger than it could be.
- The same goes for the hand, which is further away from the camera and could seem smaller than it is. These confusions are very common in photographs where the focal length of the camera is low (about 35 millimeters and below), and this is the case for the filtered image. To this is added that we also do not know how big the hand that appears in the photograph is, logically.

In that shoot it reminds me of the banana controller

Drewpee

Banned
JjA4rlY.jpg

The thing that stands out to me is just how different the design is. How do Sony fans honestly feel about the change?

I would he annoyed if Microsoft made a drastic change to the controller design, what they have works and I am getting too old for change lol

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
The thing that stands out to me is just how different the design is. How do Sony fans honestly feel about the change?

I would he annoyed if Microsoft made a drastic change to the controller design, what they have works and I am getting too old for change lol
That is not a drastic change...no moreso than the Dualshock 3 to Dualshock 4....unless our definition of drastic change is completely different.

Texas Pride

Banned
The sticks are the most important part of the controller imo. And I don't know how many controllers I've gone through on PS4 due to stick drift. Way too damn many. The build quality needs to be better all around but the cheap ass sticks need an overhaul.

jigglet

Banned
I can't wait to try both this and the new (slightly) smaller XB controller, to decide which one I will use on my PC for certain types of games.

I always liked the XB controller but felt it was too big, so the new one might be up my alley. This one looks bloody good too. Two strong choices.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Yeesh, I said my god that’s a big fat ass...

But then, even though I prefer the Xbox controller, this looks to have gone a bit bigger to match it.

Its essentially now much more close to the Xbox controller (which for series x has shrunk a little too), only with different sticks. So I can get behind that.

yurinka

The handle part looks really weird? Like we see so much of the white "back" side that it looks very thicc.

It's also larger than other size overlays put it based on features like thumbstick and button size

qod54ah8nhr41.jpg
Seems it has almost exactly the same size of a DS4 with a few tweaks: slimmer but longer 'legs', slightly bigger central parts but following more naturally the shape of the pad etc.

Last edited:

Yams

IDK about you guys. But that looks photoshopped af.

:messenger_neutral:

Hardly. Light is falling across the controller as you'd expect, which isn't the easiest thing to pull off in a mixed light situation. None of the official renders I've seen show the controller tilted at that angle. They would have had to change the orientation of their source image which is hard to do.

The shot also shows off some details that aren't present in existing press shots. The center start button is clear like the rest of the buttons, not black. It only appears that way in press shots because it's against a black background. If you were Photoshopping an image, you'd just make it black because there is no other information to go off of. To me, the clear start button is an indicator that it's real.

Chromata

I like it, I'm going to buy both controllers (Xbox and PS5) on release anyway.

I've always liked Xbox controllers more but all the dualsense features this gen just might change that.

Last edited:

Yoboman

God damn it. Are they using the same rubber they used on the DS4 analog sticks? It looks like it. That thing is crap.

2 controllers of mine peeled off quite quickly.
Nah, its different. It has a more of a grip texture along the ridge, which hopefully indicates a higher quality rubber

urhi0Ka.jpg

MastaKiiLA

This would be a positive change, IMO. Increased slightly to the size of the Dual Analog, which some of us feel is the superior predecessor to the Dual Shock (slightly bigger, and more comfortable, but lacked rumble) with the ergonomic cues from the Xbox controller. The Xbox controller is the superior controller ergonomically, IMO. The way it rests in my palm is better. The new dual-sense should hopefully fit in the palm like the Xbox controller, with its larger size and curved shape, but feel more natural with the aligned analog sticks. I like how it looks. How it feels is a whole other story. I'll still give the nod to the tried and true Xbox pad until proven otherwise.

Top Bottom