• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible leaked image: DualSense controller in hand

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
DualSense:

EcgFm5_WoAUk4vv

DualShock 4:
EcgGdURWAAIeCQ7

Note that my hands are quite large, so it is not that big.

Like I tell my wife all the time its all about perspective and how you can make things look larger then they actually are.

Schmick

Everything inside the PS5 is great. Not so much on the outside. At least i'll be able to hide the console.

Ozzie666

I keep expecting to see the buttons and symbols lit up in the appropriate PlayStation colors. We haven't seen it on yet, so wonder if they will light up. Would look really cool.

Gravemind

I dont like how the white and the black on the handles are separate pieces of plastic. The black looks more shallow than the white.

JjA4rlY.jpg

ps5-playstation-5-sony-1.original.jpg

Although you have to take into account some details:

- It is impossible to know if the image is real or not. We recall that at the time of the announcement of the DualSense it was confirmed that some developers had tested the remote and some prototypes to test it, in addition to the fact that other professionals in the industry are most likely in possession of this remote to experiment with it in order to develop their Projects. However, the image could be a montage, although we will take into account other details if it were real.
- The size seems to be quite a bit bigger than that of the PS4's DualShock 4.
- However, the perspective could give an equivocal conclusion about the size of the DualSense, since the control is positioned so that its grips are closer to the camera. Thanks to the perspective, it would give the feeling that it looks bigger than it could be.
- The same goes for the hand, which is further away from the camera and could seem smaller than it is. These confusions are very common in photographs where the focal length of the camera is low (about 35 millimeters and below), and this is the case for the filtered image. To this is added that we also do not know how big the hand that appears in the photograph is, logically.

That is one ugly controller.

Tschumi

DualShock 4:
EcgGdURWAAIeCQ7

Darn that's a nicely shaped controller (with the exception of the symmetrical joysticks of course, still, a favourite of mine)

OP: i don't think there's anything really instructive about the image, whether or not it's real~ i guess it will more or less fit in people's hands.

For what it's worth, the controller in the image looks let gigantic.. it looks like the hand holding it would have difficulty reaching the triggers lol.. but then again, lot of foreshortening and weird lensplay so hard to say~

Edit: of they release it in orange/black I'll be pretty psyched lol.. and yeah it does look rather like an xbox controller this time around~

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom