• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post the pic that describes next gen for you

jiggle

nothing less than these two
final-fantasy-ps3-20050519082736180.jpg

final-fantasy-ps3-20050519082737024.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
money-mid.jpg

Being the amounts that I will have to spend

An adventure game. Where you can see this kind of scenery from a balcony in the game.
I'd really like a mysterious kind of adventure game with graphics like this. Something along the lines of Ico or Myst.

Rhindle

robertsan21 said:
this is what i need from next gen!

killzone-next-gen-20050516075934164.jpg

killzone-next-gen-20050516075936538.jpg

sorry but Sony told me this is possible so they better prove it!
Those Killzone pics crack me up every time I see them, I swear :lol :lol

OK Phil Harrison, looking forward to playing this in 9 months. :lol

Rhindle said:
Those Killzone pics crack me up every time I see them, I swear :lol :lol

OK Phil Harrison, looking forward to playing this in 9 months. :lol

i just saw the interview with Jack tretton over at IGN.

when asked about killzone if it was realtime or not he said:

yes it deffenetly realtime and then he change topic really fast :lol :lol
he said the dev kits has been out there along time and people are doing awsome stuff with them.

but if sony said that it can be done then sony said it can be done!

they better not let me down

dorio

Banned
The funny thing is every one is posting prerendered shots to represent next gen.

Yeah, right, we'll get that level of AA next gen. :lol

XMonkey said:
Um, why not?

If games look like that next gen, fully realtime with lighting that good throughout the entire game on all character models, I will eat my own penis.

You guys are setting yourself up for such earth shattering disappointment... It's almost hard to watch.

Jacobi

Banned
MomoPufflet said:
If games look like that next gen, fully realtime with lighting that good throughout the entire game on all character models, I will eat my own penis.
I hate it when people say something like that. There's always a chance it could happen.

Jacobi

Banned
I personally don't have any expectations, but everything is possible...I remember PD on the N64 where people actually had modelled SUN-GLASSES ! That was the shit ! Ok there wasn't something like that in this generation, but...the graphics always make a big jump in the last-gen.

Well... one of my biggest gripes with the industry is all the pre-launch CGI trickery that companies love partaking in. I've been fooled so many times by mock ups and fake gameplay shots that I've developed a defense mechanism. I think my skepticism is well-founded and reasonable.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
MomoPufflet said:
I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong. Seriously though-- people have such ridiculous expectations.

[32bit era]
mcraerally_screen033.jpg

[64bit era]
917536_20041601_screen022.jpg

[2TFLOPS!!!OMG!!! era]
4.jpg

Seems a legit expectation to me.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Killzone won't happen first gen. I don't think it was realtime. I think Harrison classifies anything that was rendered to spec as being passable as "real"/"realtime".

But the smoke/contrails in the Killzone trailer make a nice "this is next gen" moment for me. I'd like that kind of quality in a game, pls.

sly

Banned
I'm sorry, the thread's title is a bit confusing, are we to post a pic that describes what we want next gen to look like or what we think next gen would look like?

If its the former, *insert Killzone screen cap here*

If its the latter, *insert Gears of War screen cap here*

Deg

Banned
ourumov said:

Best demo IMO. The skin looked real but they were mirroring the textures. Still impressive nonetheless! :) SCIII looks impressive at is this generation so i look forward to Tekken 6 and SCIV.

Deg said:
Best demo IMO. The skin looked real but they were mirroring the textures. Still impressive nonetheless! :) SCIII looks impressive at is this generation so i look forward to Tekken 6 and SCIV.

eh? That was pure cg. The game characters won't look anything like that.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Doom_Bringer said:
eh? That was pure cg. The game characters won't look anything like that.

Eh, who knows, right? That was obviously CG, but we really can't judge whether or not something near that is possible yet. It's just too early.

dark10x said:
Eh, who knows, right? That was obviously CG, but we really can't judge whether or not something near that is possible yet. It's just too early.

I guess you are right. Fight Night models look similar to the Tekken model.

We will have to wait for TGS to see what the game looks like. ;)

Post the pic that describes next gen for you

928383_20050519_screen002.jpg

Top Bottom