• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your most satisfying "hub" to come back to in a game

Nando13

I'll start:
firelink%205%20thrones.jpg

Last edited:

WoJ

For me it's the Normandy in Mass Effect hands down. One of the things I loved about that in Mass Effect 3 is that while there is a galactic war going on, the Normandy is the safest place in the galaxy.

laynelane

Breezehome with someone who will carry my burdens.

I love Breezehome too. It's great to take a breather, mix some potions, do some cooking, and organize stuff. I tend to have Lydia become a Steward at one of my other homes, though. She insists on watching me sleep, eating bread loudly, and so I had to take steps lol.

seliana in mhw iceborne is pretty cool to just watch, the palicoes have all kinds of interesting animations, and as they walk through the snow they leave trails, but they also stop walking if you block them, instead of clipping straight through you.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Anything that changes over time, like Dark Cloud and Actraiser and Suikoden. Even Jedi Survivor which was kind of a shit game was fun to go back to the town and see the different conversations and stuff. If I was designing a game I would make this a major part of it.

Maltosier

Neo Member
A very close tie between Moga Village of Monster Hunter Tri and Pokke Village of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Between the innocence of my youth and the timeless music I can't settle for either.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
It had to be Juno from final fantasy xi in its heyday.

So many people loading in at once. Chat is busy. People looking for groups. Folks afk with their store open down the street. White mages are teleporting folks around for a fee. Others are checking the auction house for their next upgrade.

Truly alive and bustling.

Top Bottom