• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Posterior nosebleeds - are they 'dangerous'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvxfreak

I've had three posterior nosebleeds in the last month, and after what I've read, I can have diabetes, high blood pressure, or something else. FYI, posterier nosebleeds are nosebleeds where the blood goes down to your throat.

Geez now I'm worried. :(

Pffft. I've had more bleeds than that a day . Come allergy season I can't take a shower without bleeding all over the place. Stained towels, you dig?

I'm not allaying your fears, I know, but if anybody is going to complain about nosebleeds it's gonna be me.

I had very excessive nose bleeds at one time but they were due to a polyp thing in my nose that had to be removed via surgery.

As for the comment by the above poster, did the blood roll down your throat?

cvxfreak

Camillemurs said:
I had very excessive nose bleeds at one time but they were due to a polyp thing in my nose that had to be removed via surgery.

As for the comment by the above poster, did the blood roll down your throat?

Like... how excessive for example? A once every few days thing?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
go see a doctor. They stick this shit up your nose that burns the crap out of your nostrils and the bleeding never comes back.

At times, several times a day and they would last over a half an hour to upwards of an hour and a half. It was pretty scary. It wasn't like a little drip every now and then, it was bad.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ArcadeStickMonk said:
Yeah my brother got that. He told me. "Never fucking get that. You don't even know."

I heard he kicked the doctor in the junk.

The cruelest thing about it is the searing pain from the first nostril lets you know how bad the second ones gonna be.

Worth the trouble though.

Dyne

catfish said:
go see a doctor. They stick this shit up your nose that burns the crap out of your nostrils and the bleeding never comes back.

My dad had his nose cauterized 5 times.

It doesn't do SHIT. And the smell of your own burning flesh is not a thing to enjoy.

I get nosebleeds down my throat sometimes. It's not THAT bad. I used to hate how it tasted when I was younger but now I'm more used to it.

cvxfreak

Thanks everyone. Next time I see my doctor, I'll bring it up and see if there's any nose medicine that can help cure it.

B'z-chan

Banned
Dyne said:
My dad had his nose cauterized 5 times.

It doesn't do SHIT. And the smell of your own burning flesh is not a thing to enjoy.

I get nosebleeds down my throat sometimes. It's not THAT bad. I used to hate how it tasted when I was younger but now I'm more used to it.

It doesnt do anything if you have sore tissue (the reason why most people get bloddy noses) it just makes it worse. And on top of it they still want me to pay for it. Hell no i aint gonna pay for it. I'm still having bloddy noses like no tommorrow. You fix it then we talk about payment until then keep that shit from my nose mother fuckers that burned like a mother fucker.

I've had random nosebleeds all my life but they've decreased a lot in the past few years. Also, for some reason, they happen up a lot when Spring comes around. I've never had the blood leak down my throat though. That must suck.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
well, at least "posterior nosebleeds" aren't as bad as they sound - i figured your nose was bleeding out your butt. in that case i was going to suggest that it might not be a posterior nosebleed at all, but simply a posterior bleed. occam's razor and all. and then i was going to suggest that you STOP TAKING IT UP THE ASS. but no, it's something with your nose. so carry on.

er, best of luck with your nosebleeds, though. and i'm disappointed that i'm the first gafer to come up with this particular puerile, unfunny joke. you've changed, gaf. you've changed.

Loki

Count of Concision
drohne said:
er, best of luck with your nosebleeds, though. and i'm disappointed that i'm the first gafer to come up with this particular puerile, unfunny joke. you've changed, gaf. you've changed.

For what it's worth, I thought of that earlier today when I first read the title, but, as you noted, it takes a certain level of puerility, and a certain breed of person, to actually give it utterance. :p Yeah, I know it's easy to take credit now, but hey, you remarked about it, so I figured I'd let you know that there are other crackheads* out there. :D

* for the first time in history, my well of words ran dry; this was the best I could muster. Tis a sad day. ;)

Jim Bowie

Fun tip: Try to get a nosebleed at work. Let it flow as much as possible until it stops. Then, walk up to your boss and ask for a band-aid.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
I used to get a ton of nosebleeds, but that faded as I got older. It was high up enough that it would go down my throat if my head was tilted back slightly (which is bad advice that everyone wants to give).

Anyway, if there's the possibility of this being caused by a more serious illness, just go in for a check-up. I'm sure your physician will diagnose you more accurately than your average GA poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom