• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-TGS 2012 SCEJ Press Conference - Sep. 19, Midnight EDT; Sep. 18, 9PM PDT

ari

Banned
Dear god, all of these Sony fans told me to wait until e3...I waited. they told me to wait until gamecom, I waited....now, TGS. Holy fuck, I have never witness a complete butchery of a console/handheld. It's like the mitt Romney campaign.

Daschysta

So in summary, they raised the price of the PS3, so that it is about the same as the new Wii-U. Delayed their biggest game so that it is sent to die at the same time as MH4, and announced nothing new almost, and what was new is also available on the older systems? Did Nintendo script this for Sony?

Cramoss

QiR10.gif

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
lol square enix lol

duckroll

The biggest announcements for the Vita at the conference were also either PSP titles or PS3 titles. I think that speaks volumes as to third party confidence on the hardware. Sony should just pack up and go home. It's over.

CronoShot

Accidentally fell asleep and woke up about 10 minutes ago, but skimming through this thread it doesn't sound like I missed much. Or anything at all, really.

FoneBone

So unless I missed something, the only new Vita exclusives (Valhalla Knights and Senran Kagura, and that's just assuming the latter isn't a 3DS port) are series that previously haven't broken 100k? Wow.

Been saying since early this year that TGS was Sony's last chance to announce system-selling Vita software for the region. As this conference confirmed, they have nothing upcoming that's likely to sell much over 200K, if that.

It's now completely safe to say that there will never be a Vita turnaround in Japan, though some of the more defensive fans of the system will continue to deny it for a while longer. And barring a CoD/AC-driven sales miracle in the West this holiday, there won't be one in the West, either.

Unless the latter miracle happens, I think the odds are 75% or so that Sony will completely pull the plug before this thing sees a second worldwide holiday season, and nonexistent that they'll ride it out beyond spring 2014 at the absolute latest.

THAT WHITE GUY SPEAKS JAPANESE?
Rocksmith
Wonderbook
Music Unlimited
Vita aka "Monster Hunter Cloning Machine"
COD BLOPS SYSTEM SELLER
8888888wwww
SET SAIL FOR ONE PIECE
8888888wwww
Cameraman has narcolepsy
GUNDAM TOP SECRET
"Guys, we uh, have nothing."